ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Cubase SX/4 / Pro Tools

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dhakos  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Cubase SX/4 / Pro Tools Reply with quote

I use both these professional sequencers every day in my studio.
what I was wondering is do any of you here use a pro sequencer like these to create note charts?.

they both (midi is best to work with in cubase IMHO) have in addition to audio very advanced and great MIDI compose features.

Even if I know these programs extremly well I dont really know how I can use one of them to create note charts.
I am a noob and so far I have been using freetar editor.

I have looked at anvil and everything in that program can be done MUCH more effective og better in cubase.
and you can offcourse use audio as much as MIDI in those programs so you can have the song you are making charts for in sync with the MIDI you are editing.

that is why I use freetar so far.
so I can edit the notes in freehand with the song and tempo chances in sync.

anyway just wanted to ask if anyone used any of those programs, and to share my thought:)

Cheers
Riz  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good number of people here are using Sonar, and I've been meaning to get around to trying out Live, but yes... all of these pro grade sequencer/DAW packages have more than enough capability to make GH note chart mids and numerous added advantages as well. The downside, for most amatuers, of course, is the cost.

As far as using your sequencer, everything is just either note on/off or midi text comments, notes being the key part, in the case of defining the notes on the chart, star power, etc. See the Guitar Hero Midi and VGS File Details sticky for detailed info.

Riz.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I agree, software like this is far to expensive for "amatures" that want a program to just make notecharts in. in that case anvil is great becouse its free:).

I can also add that all of the "big ones" like sonar, cubase and logic all have express and light versions of their programs that is great value for money. so that is a very good way into the high end software.

I will have a look at "Guitar Hero Midi and VGS File Details" again.
I usuly work with just audio so this is a great chance for me to get some good midi knowledge and skills:)

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: