ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How many times do you use star power ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: How many times do you use star power ? Reply with quote

There's many songs at easy and medium at which I can't imagine how to get more points because I've already rocked'em many times at 100% !! So I think the only thing I can improve is my star power use. And that's why I thought it could be nice to know how many times the star power has been used (for the #1 score).
what do you guys think ?
mike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, I beat my head against I Love Rock & Roll (Medium) last night to experiment with star power usage. Go look at the rankings...you'll note Jsn-M and I are tied at 6th? We apparently did the exact same thing, and we're still a good 2,000 points below #1. That's just three or four notes at x8, but I don't have the slightest idea what we're doing "wrong".

So, I guess, while I don't think we're going to get much help from people *defending* their rankings, I think these sorts of discussions may be useful for milking those last points out of songs that can be 100%'ed.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, shrink ya avatar please
Echelar  

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OtherBill wrote:
Just out of curiosity, I beat my head against I Love Rock & Roll (Medium) last night to experiment with star power usage. Go look at the rankings...you'll note Jsn-M and I are tied at 6th? We apparently did the exact same thing, and we're still a good 2,000 points below #1. That's just three or four notes at x8, but I don't have the slightest idea what we're doing "wrong".

So, I guess, while I don't think we're going to get much help from people *defending* their rankings, I think these sorts of discussions may be useful for milking those last points out of songs that can be 100%'ed.

2,000 points is a difference of 10 notes during SP

Note at x4 = 200, note at x8 = 400, difference = 200.

Also, though I may have almost every 1st on medium, I don't mind helping out with star power usage and such. I'd like to see how high we can push the scores as a group. Is it possible to make 8.5 million on medium? Who knows, but maybe one day our combined scores will reach it.

Anyways, this is what I used to get 2nd on ILR&R ... and if you could successfully squeeze all the extra notes in, you'd have 1st. It may not be exact on where to use the last SP, since I haven't played it in a bit .. but I'm sure you can adjust if it turns out to be slightly off for you. Also, I assume you're going to whammy every SP that is a hold.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: BLINK182 - Shrink your avatar. Reply with quote

BLINK182 - Shrink your avatar.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
IUnasinu  

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Rock and Roll medium Reply with quote

After the first long G&Y use the star power a short bit before the R&B then you will be able to gain an extra set of star power notes.. I am fourth on this song. That's what I used to get there. Hey Echeler, when you gonna let me have one of those firsts??????
SkepticalMario  

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you know that there are four forums on this site dedicated to star power usage? You should check those out.

Bark at the Zoo
Echelar  

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Rock and Roll medium Reply with quote

IUnasinu wrote:
After the first long G&Y use the star power a short bit before the R&B then you will be able to gain an extra set of star power notes.. I am fourth on this song. That's what I used to get there. Hey Echeler, when you gonna let me have one of those firsts??????

Soon as you play one that I can't figure out how to beat?

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Ech is evil Reply with quote

You're evil Ech but atleat im pushing you along every now and then.
Echelar  

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take one of the ones that I don't already have first on. That'd probably be secure for a while... I have no idea where to find more points on Infected or Iron man.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: New # ones Reply with quote

Infected, Iron Man, and I LR&R and don't know if those scores can be matched. But all the number ones are getting pretty hard to come by. I just want to have a nice total. Ech you're from Indiana right?
Echelar  

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: New # ones Reply with quote

IUnasinu wrote:
Infected, Iron Man, and I LR&R and don't know if those scores can be matched. But all the number ones are getting pretty hard to come by. I just want to have a nice total. Ech you're from Indiana right?

Yeah, Fort Wayne. Graduated from Purdue recently and moved back here.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Rock and Roll medium Reply with quote

IUnasinu wrote:
Hey Echeler, when you gonna let me have one of those firsts??????

http://www.scorehero.com/rankings.php?diff=2&song=14

I won't be replaying this one to beat you . What are the chances of this ever happening anyway?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Your Post Reply with quote

After reading your post on how to Optimize star powers, I am little scared and a little suprised. Scared that you can actaully add notes with a star power by starting a SP early and hitting the note late. Also suprised I am anywhere near you in any song. With that said, I will continue to play, and well see if we can push you to get that 8.5 mil you were talking about. Also I find that playing a song over and over trying new techniques with the star paths works best for me. But I have never tried using the note charts. Anyways happy rocking. Later
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: