ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How likely is it that this is true?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UltraMegaOK1988  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: How likely is it that this is true? Reply with quote

I just got an E-mail and it said:

Quote:
Starting today, Pennsylvania will launch a 30 day speeding ticket frenzy. The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 1 million will go to pay state troopers' overtime. There will be 50 state troopers on duty at all times patrolling the 9 main intersections and highways. They are the following:

I-279 north and south
I-376 east and west
I-76 east and west
I-80 east and west
I-79 north and south
I-70 east and west
PA-60
PA-66
US-22

5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every state trooper is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 to 20 minutes. They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Dodge Charger Police cruisers and are bringing in all of their part timers on full time. If you work in western Pennsylvania, you will probably take one of these highways. It's up to you how fast you are going when they clock you.
KDKA and WDVE confirmed all of this. So be safe and don't forget speeding tickets are on you.

Driving Ticket fine increase in PA:

Starting on August 15th, the price of a ticket for violation of PA Law 39:3-29 (failure to show your driver's license, registration, or insurance card at the time you are stopped) is going from $44.00 to $173.00.

Please make sure your vehicles have the proper documents in them. If you jump in the car to run to the store and forget your wallet with your license in it and you are stopped.... Oh well... you just spent $173. And the fine for not having all three documents is $519!!!

How likely is it that that is true? It's one of those uber-forwarded E-mails so I'm skeptical as to whether or not I should believe it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try to corroborate it with local media sources. Whenever PDs do a campaign like this, they advertise it first because the point is not to make money on speeding tickets, it's to save lives. The fact that they are even pointing to a monotary goal makes me think its probably fake though.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.snopes.com/politics/traffic/speeding.asp

Yup. If you get it in an email, and it has a forward.. yeah.

UltraMegaOK1988  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreyvas wrote:

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I79 cops are evil i live on the northern end they pulled my parents over for making a bad merge and called it reckless driving so i believe its possible to rack up that much tickets
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: shooter21198SH
egraves7  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a 95% percent chance of truth here. Pushes like this always net huge gains for the agency that does it. Speeding is something that most everyone is guilty of, myself included, therefore, ticketing = good money.

Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

egraves7 wrote:
There is a 95% percent chance of truth here. Pushes like this always net huge gains for the agency that does it. Speeding is something that most everyone is guilty of, myself included, therefore, ticketing = good money.

Dreyvas wrote:

FIVE PERCENT'D!

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: