ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Score hero worksheet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morkai  

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Score hero worksheet Reply with quote

This is really, weird, so I am about to upload My SH work sheet, and it says the file is corrupt, so I get another one, and enter the exact same crap, without copying, and no matter what I do, It always says Error: file corrupted when I try to upload
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: The Morkai
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This means you have a data entry error in one or more of your scores/ratings that you entered.

Scores must be entered without any commas (i.e. 123456, not 123,456).

And ratings must be entered as actual stars, not numbers (i.e. *****, not 5).

If you've done all of this and it still indicated corrupt data, let me know.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't import data from my spreadsheet either. I get the same error as the original poster here. I've checked and double checked for errors, and then checked some more and I can't find any problems. I filled in a v0.7 spreadsheet this morning with data from the newer spreadsheet (typed it all in, not cut and paste). It looks like it filled in all of my new "easy" scores that I didn't previously have recorded in score hero, but it didn't update any of my medium, hard, or expert scores.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send me the spreadsheets to discgolferpro@yahoo.com and i'll take a look at them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
jasonmicron  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:

Ugh. You could have at least put that in the file's sample tab. I have now probably spent close to 15 hours uploading scores by hand.

Sorry, just a little frustrated. I was getting the exact same error and it took forever to add the scores to the spreadsheet!! lol.
discgolferpro  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jasonmicron wrote:
JCirri wrote:

Ugh. You could have at least put that in the file's sample tab. I have now probably spent close to 15 hours uploading scores by hand.

Sorry, just a little frustrated. I was getting the exact same error and it took forever to add the scores to the spreadsheet!! lol.

There is an entire Sample spreadsheet in the .zip archive.

In the future, use the Edit... Find... Find and Replace menu function and change them in order from 5 stars to 3 stars, i.e.:

Find "*****" ---> Replace with "5"
Find "****" ---> Replace with "4"
Find "***" ---> Replace with "3"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
Boon  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to add other informations (like streak) and links to picture, video ?

Moreover, why include the star rating when it can be calculated automatically ? Is it taken in account while importing ?
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The spreadsheet was used long before the ratings were determined automatically and even before the site supported links to pictures and video. The sheet would need to be updated to reflect the recent (and not-so-recent) changes to the site. However, right now there are other much higher priority things to take care of (i.e. adding co-op support for GHII).
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
discgolferpro  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The spreadsheet is being upgraded for GH2 but for now you won't be able to upload scores online. I'll be taking a poll to see how many people use this functionality so JC can prioritize what gets implemented first.

I want to see GH2 before releasing the home version of the spreadsheet either way. Adding fields for streaks and media will be added if the demand is there.

re: stars... The online site started calculating stars automatically once the base score for each scong was confirmed. It'll probably be the same for GH2. Entering stars into the spreadsheet is necessary because it does not contain these cutoffs. Since the upload functionality only works for 1 user at a time I won't implement these automatic star calculations because it would be redundant since they show up automatically online. You will still need to enter them in the spreadsheet.

Boon  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.
Thanks for the answers
Boon  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news about the GHII spreadsheet ?
EviLize  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the spreadsheet, maybe photos/videos could be entered by pasting a URL into that cell. That way people with lots of pictures could use it too.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now my priority is finishing co-op. Next on the list is to change the sig images to include GH2.

After that I may think about the spreadsheet. Although right now it has its drawbacks the way it works (i.e. resubmitting the same scores over and over again with each upload, etc..). So I would want to re-think my current implementation before upgrading it, but we'll see.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to thank the Score Hero staff for creating a spreadsheet that can be used to import scores for GH. This makes my life much easier. I already had been using my own spreadsheet for score tracking (so I could enter the information in by hand later here on Score Hero). The import option makes things much faster and I look forward to any further development with such options in the future in regards to GHII.
siouxper  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come this was brought back from the dead?

But still, we could make it work for GH2 because Co-op works now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: