PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was more known, most probably British

it means its broken, somethings up with it

as UrbanDictionary puts it

"broken; dead in the water, floating

well that project really went tits up."
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rambo, how are the improvements going?

I'm getting less computer time at my house every day, so it'd be nice if I was able to program a song before I get kicked off for good.

(Oh, and don't ask about Another One Bites the Dust. That turned out horrible.)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The improvements are coming along.. Some stuff came up recently and both me and my partner havent had much time to get everything completed. After tomorrow my schedule is looking nice so I should have the new versions up soon. It is sad to hear about Another One Bites the Dust, I was really hoping someone would complete a song soon so more people can test, unfortuately these things happen. Sorry about the delay though, I am aiming to have the newer versions on the site by the end of the week.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cool.

Once this new expansion's out I'll try another song. Probably another Queen song, since they're nice and easy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a quick update..
A newer version of the editor is now on the site. It now automatically does the song length for you. There is also a psedu-ruler as the song goes. Due to both me and my partner being extremely busy all of a sudden i decided to upload this version and then once the newer parts are a bit more done I will then upload the newest version.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank. You.

You have no idea how much that helps. I think I'm gonna get started on a song soon. It'll most likely be another Queen song. Probably Seven Seas of Rhye, just because I've always wondered how that'd be in Guitar Hero.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK i downloaded the thing, and gave it a shot. I tried mapping a friend's song, since it's easy, and i have the piano roll, so i know exactly how the notes are laid out. and here's my thoughts:

1. You really need some sort of instructions, even a simple readme.
2. I don't understand how to save the settings. There's not an OK button anywhere, and the only way i see to get back to the main screen is closing the settings, and opening the program again.
3. I changed the BPM for my song, since i know the BPM setting it was made at, and when i run it in the game itself, the notes show up WAYYY before they are heard in the song, AND there's a stray blue note before the actual notes i typed.
4. Yes, being able to skip to parts of a song would be the number one improvement to the editor right now.
5. At first i didn't know how to make it recognize where my song was. In Genga's picture here :

i don't even know how he got the folder names to be entered into the box. I tried pressing enter, but that didn't work for me. BUT once i put the .gle file and the mp3 into the guitar legend folder, it showed up on the song select screen.

also, it didn't recognize my strum bar, up or down, but that may be due to my usb hookup device.

I'm pretty sure that's it
Rambo  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK.. Some answers to your thoughts.
1. There are simple instructions right on the site where you download it..
2. The screen navigation is in the instructions on the download page(escape to go back, enter to go forward), and navigating out of the screen automatically saves the settings.
3. I cant quite answer this problem without copies of the files you used to determine where there could be a bug
4. This is in the works but since this is currently a hobby project it isnt done yet
5. The song linking is currently broken for some people. I am currently tracking this bug down.

You need to have the GLE file in the same location of the game as per the instructions on the download page. Due to the current song linking bug some people need to have the song with the GLE file also. To put names into the text box: go to the box, delete the instructional words, type folder location and press enter. The game does not automatically recognize the Guitar Hero controller and is set up so most gampad devices can be used. You need to set up the device by move the external device selection slider so it is on the current control you want, press the change button, then press the desired button it should be mapped to on your controller.
Rambo  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just want to ask if anyone is working on any songs, if so plz post and lt me know. I am currently caught up in a lot of things and working on fast forwarding/skipping so hopefully that will be done soon. Right now we are working on making the fast forwarding sync up properly with the chart location and it is being quite a pain.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can find where I put the damn thing, I'm working on Sweet Child of Mine. I have the tabs for it too, so hopefully it turns out OK.

If I can't find it, well, guess I gotta start over.

Scratch that. I'm doing Back in Black. It's just easier to program. (Beware for anybody that wants to play this song: It's pretty much all 3-button chords.) [And no, I didn't make it that way. That's how the tabs read.]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a fun challenge.. i hope you can get it done, i would definately like to try a bunch of 3 button chords.. good luck

I am finishing up the newer version of the game that can handle the new editor format. Due to a little miscommunication between me and my partner, and possibly other things, it seems he changed the editor format without me know it was done..
damienblack  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a suggestion... im checking this program out for the first time, would like to get into it eventually. Any plans for a lefty flip option?
Rambo  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can customize the buttons already but i guess i could have an option or something so it flips the current button setup for you..

UPDATE:
almost done with fixing the game programming so that the newer GLE files work properly. I hope to have it all working soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: