Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Project: Guitar Legend
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know...I still haven't been able to use the editor very well...

I'm pretty sure it's just because the Freetar sidescrolling is still messin me up when I'm trying to program downwards.

I'll try again and see if I can get any songs up.

EDIT: Have you uploaded the newer version of it yet? I'm still gettin the bar going off the screen...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that, took a little longer then expected. The new editor is now on the site and is a much better improvement over its former self. The view now scrolls with the red tracker box. Unfortunately, you can not just set the location of the box yet since that also deals with bpm it may wait until the ability to change the bpm during the song is added. If that feature is badly needed though we can add it and just recode it later if needed.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem at all. Nice to see this slowly coming together...

My only other problems I've had so far is the ruler thing I mentioned earlier and keyboard integration. Since you're working on those right now (or going to be eventually), I have nothing to complain about.

I'll start programming in the morning, since I'm really tired and should be going to sleep soon.

EDIT: What's the funky symbol next to the Pause button?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keyboard integration is there. QWERT toggle on and off there respective notes wherever the red tracker box is. That symbol is supposed to be a circle with two arrows, which is to toggle whether the song will loop once the box hits the bottom. O and +/- keys zoom in and out.

The ruler is in the works but will probably not be fully implemented until we get the bpm changing working since it deals directly with bpm.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, sweet. Well, I'm off to the Waffle Barn right now, but, assuming I don't have chores, I'll be working on it when I get back.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Well just let me know how things go with the editor then hopefully the game once a song is done.. Right now the game supports usb external devices, keyboard, has a menu system, scoring, and note color customization. Those are all in the latest version of both games which you probably already have since the last update on the game was the color customization for the non-shader version..
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, I have begun production on Another One Bites the Dust by Queen.

Short, simple, and awesome.

Couple things I'd like to point out though:

1.) I have never before in my life wished for a fast forward/rewind function more than now.

2.) It would be nice if the editor screen expanded to the full length of the song, instead of cutting it off at 30 seconds and forcing me to program the full length.

Still hankerin for that ruler function, but I think the fast forward comes before the ruler in functionality.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are all planned and some are in the works. The reason why the song, at least currently, doesnt do the full length is because of the future ability to change bpm, same with the other ideas mentioned. We will see what we can add in soon so that things are easier to use and won't require major code rewriting once the bpm changing is added. Unfortunately, it will probably be at least a few days until anything will be fully added and working properly.

O and nice choice of song.
Genga  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have to use Midi, me and my mate tried with some mp3s, and we get random midi notes come up

and the song doesnt play
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can use any music file you want to.

(typing from a psp.)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouff ;)

I couldnt get the mp3s to work, my friend said he had it going, but didnt send the file
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, one last question about the length thing. Is that how many beats are in the song? (I noticed it always starts off on 200, but I've never really been able to tell what the 200 necessarily was.)

NOTICE: *to everybody besides Rambo* Can somebody else help me test this program out? I've noticed that it's pretty much been me complaining for the past 3 pages of this thread.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genga wrote:
ouff ;)

I couldnt get the mp3s to work, my friend said he had it going, but didnt send the file

You're going to Open Song right?

I don't really know how to help with this, since it works for me every single time I try it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genga, from your question it sounds like you are using the game. The GLE files only use the song as a reference and don't link to them. This method was used so that sharing the GLE files would be easier and a lot safer since sharing music isn't legal. To get it working, if you have the song, type the location of the song in the given box in settings and it will link to anything with the exact same name as the GLE file. The notes you are hearing are the "missed" notes. They initialize once at the beginning of the first song you play once you open the game.

HylianHero, from what my partner has told me, since he made the editor. The 200 is just a current default, it is 4th notes and is used for the bpm. It is basicly the number of white spaces seperated by the black lines there are.
Genga  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, ill try it out, thanks Rambo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: