Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH1 in GH2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CliffEmAll  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coolnesss. Looks like you're making progress with this. Good luck with it, it will undoubtedly make a lot of peoples work a lot easier
MutterFudder  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you're really coming along quite quickly! Looking forward to this, it would be an awesome notation tool!
TurkeyMan  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work fast ;)

I actually have tap notes and hold notes working properly now.. And the gameplay is working (but it needs tuning, like the way it detects chords vs single notes and the fluidity of taps/pulls) ..
But i'm working on syncing now.. That'll take a bit longer than the initial presentation stuff...
Then i'll probably release a beta.
Gimme a few more days.
PhD  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so totally awesome - turkeyman is a dead set genius, hes got some way super cool ideas for this.. i totally cant wait for this to be ready...
ChrisVance  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALl I ask is for it to be able to load your .midi and MP3 so you don't have to re-burn a DVD just to check ur custom >.>
TurkeyMan  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisVance wrote:
ALl I ask is for it to be able to load your .midi and MP3 so you don't have to re-burn a DVD just to check ur custom >.>

yeah thats the whole idea.. my main motivation for the effort...
i have a few more hours tonight so i'll see where i get.. might spend some time cleaning it up though..

I also propose we create a thread where we post 'good' custom's.. ie, customs that are BPM-ed correctly, are in sync, and have all difficulties fleshed out.. and hopefully aren't crap charts..

Its a pain to burn loads of dvd's to try out each song to see if they're any good or not.

I'm really keen to find the song name strings, but i haven't worked it out yet... Has anyone else made a start on this? Any ideas where it might be?
I'm hoping that revealing that info might allow us to find the info we need to extend the length of the bonus track list too... It'd be sweet to fill the entire dvd, and have loads of additional tracks in the bonus list..
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's what Phr34k's site is going to be for if i understood it correctly. It's looking very promising so far turkeyman keep us posted
ebayitup  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those screenshots look pretty nice, but i was wondering if there was any creative way we could make it look nice without looking like we're ripping off the format of GH 1 and 2 because isn't that the basic reason why guitar zero got shut down (please don't ban me for mentioning GZ). Maybe just something as dumb as making the gems square instead of circles. . . .or something like that.

that aside, good job, much respect and mad props

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebayitup wrote:
those screenshots look pretty nice, but i was wondering if there was any creative way we could make it look nice without looking like we're ripping off the format of GH 1 and 2 because isn't that the basic reason why guitar zero got shut down (please don't ban me for mentioning GZ). Maybe just something as dumb as making the gems square instead of circles. . . .or something like that.

that aside, good job, much respect and mad props

This is actually a good point that I was planning on mentioning privately, but since it's out there now, might as well.

This tool, as counter-intuitive as it seems, should actually be kept as ugly and unusable as an actual game as possible, focusing primarily on it's features as an editor and synchronization checking tool for GH songs. If then, at some later point in time, TurkeyMan decided he wanted to make a full blown game out of it, then I think it should be made to look, feel, and play as radically different from GH as possible, and not just be a GH clone. Names, in both cases, should probably also be kept as far away from anything that resembles or includes "Guitar Hero" or anything that sounds even remotely similar.

Both of these choices would radically decrease the potential (negative) interest that RO and Activision might take in the project. Choice is up to TurkeyMan, of course... it's his baby, but that's my 2.5 cents worth.

Riz.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why GZ isn't just re-released with a different look to GH. That's pretty much how FoF/Freetar get away with it. Could just take out the 3D background and make the menus different and boom, it resembles "just another clone" instead of an actual rip off.
Riz  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gazzer wrote:
I don't know why GZ isn't just re-released

It is not your place to wonder why. This topic is not about GZ, and discussion about GZ and Travis's choices are not relevant to it.

Riz.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the tool was really meant to be an editor... And the original game has no editor, so I don't think I could be crossing any gameplay plagerism lines there..
Regarding the general look and feel, I can tell you it 'feels' nothing like GH :P (but thats mainly because my gameply sucks atm)
The look is obviously, well, 'inspired' by GH .. But as I've said before, if there was a talented artist willing to spend some time making up nice skins then I would prefer to use something else instead.
I wouldn't make it into anything more than an editor until the editor was complete.. And then I'd probably branch it off completely to make it any sort of game.. If it were shut down, I wouldn't want the editor shut down too.
As an editor, its working quite nicely. And I can actually make customs in it now
LiveMusic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good work, mate. Do you plan on releasing a beta version of it anytime soon?
TurkeyMan  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very soon..
The only thing left to do is the load/save to midi files, which I've already made a start on. Then it will be usable
Phr34k  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can attest to how awesome this project will be. With a bit of time spent with a pre-beta, it's definately gonna become THE standard for making customs. I have high hopes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: