Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
*GASP* A good idea from GFAQS?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: *GASP* A good idea from GFAQS? Reply with quote

Zeppster497
Posted 2/2/2007 10:51:44 AM
message detail

You know those controllers with the so called "solo-buttons", the five extra frets at the neck of the guitar? Well, usually they work just like the regular frets, hold them down and initiate the pick with the strum bar. Well, naturally the only advantage they add is the smaller gap in between the buttons.
However, why not link the buttons to the strum bar directly with a few wires? That way pushing down the fret would automatically pick it, thus, like with a controller. The advantage would be the hammer-ons: You'd be able to hammer-on/pull-off any note, with a slighly wider gap as well.
---
The Law of Murphy: Everything that can't go wrong, will go wrong.

If I knew how i'd do it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude im 100% positive that a guy did that on THESE forums MONTHS ago..i mean...ages...n ages...lol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure he only made 5 extra frets(quackadilly)

He didn't link them to the strumbar, though. Try reading things before making an ass out of yourself.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see how it COULD be useful, but it would end up leading to a lot of early strums, I can guarantee it. Plus you could never do chords with it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
I can see how it COULD be useful, but it would end up leading to a lot of early strums, I can guarantee it. Plus you could never do chords with it.

It'd be solo's only, and how would there be early strums? You'd just hit the fret at the right time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a quote from phr34k (sorry..i think thats how u spell it)

Quote:
I'm not explaining how I did this, but it works rather nicely ^_^

What I've done is added a button to the back of my SG that I hold to allow the frets to also be used as a strum bar. Essentially, I can now tap the frets as I play, with BOTH hands. I still want to do a bit more to it to make it work a bit better, but so far in Jordan SoloB I can 98% on Slow. ^_^

if you...*ahem*...look through recent threads u will also find a video of him using it, altho not entirely what you stated..it seems to be exactly the same thing.

.................dont call me an ass

sphincter boy

Last edited by Unsteadycarrot on Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Unsteadycarrot PSN Name: Unsteadycarrot
Phr34k  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have plans to add 5 more frets to the controller. It doesn't work as well as you would think. But yes that is the exact idea that I had and implemented months ago.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
daevlol  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't visit homebrew often( it's scary here)

So I honestly had no idea.

And I never called you an ass, I said you made yourself look like one. Unnecessary flaming FTL.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was the one who posted that at GameFAQs, so guess I should participate in this as well. I'd like to see those videos, if anyone's got a link. Oh and, guess this is still a bit different from what already had been done in a sense that you'd have 5 completely different frets, instead of having a flip-on button.

And yes, chords wouldn't work with these at all, you'd always end up overstrumming. Nevertheless, I think these should be better than the "traditional" solo-buttons, with no added features whatsoever at all.
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daevlol wrote:
I don't visit homebrew often( it's scary here)

So I honestly had no idea.

And I never called you an ass, I said you made yourself look like one. Unnecessary flaming FTL.

ok ok, perhaps i misenterpreted what you said, but i do still stick with the fact i never made myself look an ass :P...cause i was...90% right.

the truth is, i secretely love you

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<3 u moar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A problem I think you might have with this is that some solos have very fast notes of the same color. Without the use of the strumbar this would be really hard (or can you use the strumbar with the solo buttons?).
daevlol  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voivod84 wrote:
A problem I think you might have with this is that some solos have very fast notes of the same color. Without the use of the strumbar this would be really hard (or can you use the strumbar with the solo buttons?).

theoretically you'd over-strum and lose your combo, but who knows if the game can register two strums at the same time?

I guess this would really be for the "fun" aspect of "fret tapping" as opposed to really being helpful.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't overstrum with chords. Because the strumbar has 2 different directions, you set one set of buttons to one way, and another set the other way. Only one can be activated at a time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daevlol wrote:
<3 u moar

.....noooooo luff yew moooore!!

.....lets have children! XD

iv been waiting for this day for SO long

*crys*

back on topic..

yes this mod does indeed look cool, but im happy with just playing it the way its meant to be...but theres nothing wrong with u guys adding cool stuff, its fun to hear about and watch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: