ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SetlistPatcher
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danielmbp  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reptiliack wrote:
Hmm...
So your saying that setlistpatcher DOESN'T edit ss_paper.view?
It seems like this:
The game is reading the extra mesh, but is like "lolwtf is this supposed to be here?"
So I'm going to edit ss_paper.view and see what happens.
Wish me luck guys.
I'm guessing Daniel already figured out this has NOTHING to do with it, but let's try anyway.

I was surprised about that too.

At that time, my plan was:
1 - Try to add extra mesh to the milo, but with no link to it anywhere. This was just to check if the new file was being added correctly.
2 - Edit ss_paper.view to add a link to the mesh, so this mesh would be displayed.
However, when I added the mesh to the milo and tested the game, this new mesh was already being displayed. Kind of luck... don't need to go to step 2.

I was planning to try to add the new mesh to ss_paper.view, but I tested this issue without the mesh and the result was the same... some song names are invisible (but no paper background).
Fiirikkusu  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got to add some songs to GHII. But I'm also having that same problem with the songs being invisible. Anyone figure that out yet?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive added 3 perfectly. This is awsome. I know I said that Id play with it last weekend but that archive I just keep adding to. Im to 19 new songs. Whats the most anybodies added so far? When I complete this disk and if it works Im going to do a "Championship Edition" with all the GH1 songs and the X Box exclusives added to the regular GH2 setlist. That should put it to the test
Fiirikkusu  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackheartstar wrote:
Ive added 3 perfectly. This is awsome. I know I said that Id play with it last weekend but that archive I just keep adding to. Im to 19 new songs. Whats the most anybodies added so far? When I complete this disk and if it works Im going to do a "Championship Edition" with all the GH1 songs and the X Box exclusives added to the regular GH2 setlist. That should put it to the test

I also wanna do that....Its gonna be the GHII PS2 setlist modified to the 360 version with exclusives including the DLC. Then I'm gonna try to make an extra tier with GHI songs.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackheartstar wrote:

Don't forget that you're limited by single-layer disc capacity. If you were doing true customs I'd guess that if we had a VGS encoder that could encode an arbitrary amount of channels, that you could fit a lot more songs on. As it stands, GHex inserts silence for unused tracks but that silence still takes up space.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
blackheartstar  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think that the invisible song problem could be related to the new songs not have every normal string refference in the .dtbs? On the disk I only added three songs to I expiremented and found you can add every refference in the locale.dtb to the new songs witch includes the string for properly displaying the song name in the store along with the store description. Is it possable that we are just overlooking a simple .dtb edit that we have never had to bother with before and by not haveing it causing this song display glitch?
Fiirikkusu  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackheartstar wrote:
Do you think that the invisible song problem could be related to the new songs not have every normal string refference in the .dtbs? On the disk I only added three songs to I expiremented and found you can add every refference in the locale.dtb to the new songs witch includes the string for properly displaying the song name in the store along with the store description. Is it possable that we are just overlooking a simple .dtb edit that we have never had to bother with before and by not haveing it causing this song display glitch?

so have you tried editing the locale.dtb and seeing if that helps?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if it helps the problem with invisible song name or not as the disc I experimented on only had 3 new songs added (none were ever invisible).

What editing the locale.dtb does help with is the proper appearance of the song name in the store, song description in store, and individual tool tip for the new song. All of three those can be added and work perfect. Next Im going to attemp to add the in store CD cover image to these new songs. Im thinking its going to work.
Fiirikkusu  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully you'll find something out and maybe fix that glitch. I love the idea of putting all my customs on one disc and keeping on my PS2 HD so that way I can continue to add songs.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Ive been playing for abit now and now have a plus 23 song disc that only 4 songs turn invisible on. There is sort of a trick and a story to it.
First I went into to campaign.dtb and added all the standard bonus songs to the setlist (taking care to delet them from the store).

Second I added 15 new songs to the bonus section patched my .milo for 15 songs and played. This made the first 6 new songs visible before every other one as appears to be the norm.

Thrid I added 8 more new songs (23 total) this time adding them to the setlist then I brought 8 of those 15 from last time into the setlist giving each tier 10 songs. I forgot to update the .milo for the new songs so it still thinks there is 15 total. When I play you scroll down and in the last tier a couple songs go invisible but after you go all the way to the last bonus song and come back up there are 80 perefectly visible songs (entire setlist of 8 tiers) before the first invisible one.

I have some ideas now Im going to play with on this.

Im going to add 8 more to the setlist and actualy remember to update my .milo to reflect this. Im very much starting to think that setlist tiers vs the bonus tier act differently with new songs.
james0616  

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please help me I don't have a setlist patcher directory with setlist patcher.exe.Where do you get a directory for the setlist patcher.exe.
blackheartstar  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh! I now have a 90 song disc that the first 76 songs appeare on the way down. After that both the selector and screen continue going down but the screen moves faster and you lose your selector to the top of the screen. On the way back up the setlist all 90 song are visible but your selector (the highlighted song) is out the top of the screen until you hit the top of the setlist at which time it straightens it selfout. There are only three tiers to this setlist 30 song each I'll post a update after I add the 4th 30 song tier.

Any ideas?
Fiirikkusu  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackheartstar wrote:
Argh! I now have a 90 song disc that the first 76 songs appeare on the way down. After that both the selector and screen continue going down but the screen moves faster and you lose your selector to the top of the screen. On the way back up the setlist all 90 song are visible but your selector (the highlighted song) is out the top of the screen until you hit the top of the setlist at which time it straightens it selfout. There are only three tiers to this setlist 30 song each I'll post a update after I add the 4th 30 song tier.

Any ideas?

What version of GH are you using? And did you add more songs to more than just one tier?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you burn GH2 to a DLDVD so you can have a full 8.5GBs of space? Or will it just not work?
Owning a business is hard work. If you need any tech advise, you can reach me at contact@nsgeek.net or check us out on the web at http://nsgeek.net . We specialize in Web Design and Computer Repair. Aloha!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blackheartstar  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiirikkusu wrote:

What version of GH are you using? And did you add more songs to more than just one tier?

Im using Guitar Hero 2 on the PS2, and Im only using the first 3 tiers with 30 song apeice so far. The other five tiers and bonus song tier are completely empty. I tried just putting all 90 songs into one tier and only 39 would appear. Well only 39 would appear unless the songs were double posted (on a different screw up disc) in other tiers but then after the last song of the first set theres a hell of alot of blank space you can scroll through.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: