ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Anyone play Fire Emblem?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowDude27  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Anyone play Fire Emblem? Reply with quote

*Points to Avatar*
I like those games, they aren't labor intensive and their addictive as HELL. Good stories are nice to have too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4, 6, 7, and 8, all except 4 I've beaten on the hardest mode. I used to help run a FE RPG forum, but I got kind of lazy so I left. >_>

1. Toxicity - System of a Down (now impossible?)
2. Paradise Lost - Symphony X
3. Octavarium - Dream Theater
4. Train of Thought - Dream Theater
5. You Could Have It So Much Better - Franz Ferdinand
Klaww  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a coincidence
Ive never played one
been sick and bored as hell
so I rented one a few hours ago. Radiant dawn for the wii, i believe. Its pretty awesome

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire Emblem has given me many hours of entertainment. One of the best games I have ever played. I only really got to play 7 and 8 and little of 6. I also beat 9 :P
Guitar Hero: Boss Battle Edition

MATCH YOUR ROCK WITS AGAINST 60 OF THE GREATEST GUITARISTS OF ALL TIME, INCLUDING TOM DELONGE, JADE PUGET, #4, JOHN FRUSCIANTE, BILLY MARTIN, AND JACK JOHNSON, ALL OF WHICH PLAY THE FINGER-FUCKINGEST CHORDFESTS YOU'VE EVER SEEN!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Tracemander11 PSN Name: Tracemander11
ChimpyDolittle  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I love them. I've only played the ones that came out for the GBA and the one that came out for the GC, but those were pretty awesome. I wish I had a Wii so I could enjoy Radiant Dawn...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love these games. I have hundreds of hours in the first one for GBA. Then beat the Sacred Stones like twice, and Path of Radiance ONCE(need to play again), before I lent it to a friend for like 4 months.

Also need to go and buy the one for Wii, just haven't.

sax818  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to play FE everyday. Now I come back to it when I'm bored. But it is a great series.
Klaww  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChimpyDolittle wrote:
Yeah, I love them. I've only played the ones that came out for the GBA and the one that came out for the GC, but those were pretty awesome. I wish I had a Wii so I could enjoy Radiant Dawn...

trust me, it wasnt as awesome as I first thought. You only do the fighting parts, and nothing else. I dont know if that how the others are, but I dont know how you guys can stand that. I like a good RPG, but theres a fine line between fun and repetitive.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes of course! (See avatar for best Fire Emblem Class ever!)

I've completed both of the GBA ones at least 5 times, on Sacred Stones I have all characters (including Lyon with his never breaking dark magic which is actually the most powerful weapon in the game) at max stats.

I've completed Path of Radience.

And i'm currently on Part 3, Chapter 12 or something (Playing Michiahs team and you have to fight Ike, Soren and tons of laguz) on Radiant Dawn.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BadgerBomber
reikonkeiri  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the last level of Radiant Dawn (i think) and chapter 26 on the first one that came out in America (i dont know which one it is but I'm actually playing it right now). I'm planning on borrowing path of radiance from a friend
ChimpyDolittle  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaww wrote:
ChimpyDolittle wrote:

trust me, it wasnt as awesome as I first thought. You only do the fighting parts, and nothing else. I dont know if that how the others are, but I dont know how you guys can stand that. I like a good RPG, but theres a fine line between fun and repetitive.

Yeah, they're really more of a strategy game then a true RPG where you have to run around and kill monsters in dungeons and stuff. It's more centered around strategic battle plans and stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChimpyDolittle wrote:
Klaww wrote:
ChimpyDolittle wrote:

Yeah, they're really more of a strategy game then a true RPG where you have to run around and kill monsters in dungeons and stuff. It's more centered around strategic battle plans and stuff.

It's a strategic RPG, whereas in most strategy games your units are expendable but in Fire Emblem you have to figure out how to effectively level up your party without anyone dying. That's what stands out the most in the series, it requires more careful planning than most strategy games OR RPGs.

1. Toxicity - System of a Down (now impossible?)
2. Paradise Lost - Symphony X
3. Octavarium - Dream Theater
4. Train of Thought - Dream Theater
5. You Could Have It So Much Better - Franz Ferdinand
ChimpyDolittle  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saxuallyAPeasing wrote:
It's a strategic RPG, whereas in most strategy games your units are expendable but in Fire Emblem you have to figure out how to effectively level up your party without anyone dying. That's what stands out the most in the series, it requires more careful planning than most strategy games OR RPGs.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChimpyDolittle wrote:
Radiant Dawn is AWESOME. I have beaten 7 on Hector Hard Mode, 8 on Hard Mode, 9 on Hard Mode, and RD on Hard Mode. I've ALMOST beaten 6 on Hard Mode too. It's too bad that everyone at school is too obsessed with Halo to notice a great game like this.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowDude27 wrote:
Radiant Dawn is AWESOME. I have beaten 7 on Hector Hard Mode, 8 on Hard Mode, 9 on Hard Mode, and RD on Hard Mode. I've ALMOST beaten 6 on Hard Mode too. It's too bad that everyone at school is too obsessed with Halo to notice a great game like this.

That just makes me want to play it even more badly...

And yeah, Halo has absolutely nothing on the Fire Emblem series. And COD4 is the better FPS anyways...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: