ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Concerning Free Bird...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shotgunmerc  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Concerning Free Bird... Reply with quote

Did you first hear Free Bird as the Final Encore of GH2?

If so, what were you thinking for the first 5 minutes, and what did you think once you saw the solo?

If you heard it for the first time outside of GH, what was it like?

I heard it the first time on Guitar Hero, and even though i was playing on Medium, my arm ached due to the length.

Recount your first free bird experience.

a funny video of me choking on Monkey Wrench will go here once i get my GH2 log
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Shotgunmerc
Parama  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you hadn't heard freebird before, you probably never listened to radio ever in you life <_<

I haven't even played it in Guitar Hero >_>

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concerning your sig: Once you complete your last goal, you will know the answer to your last question.

Freebird, I heard on San Andreas, and I had seen the gameplay video...I knew what was coming.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
InflatablePie  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had heard of Free Bird before GH, but never heard the song, surprisingly.

I also played on Medium, but I kinda zoned out from the awesome - not to mention it was over a year ago, so I don't remember much.
PiemanLK wrote:
Eastwinn wrote:
Right, but if you had the chocolate bar in your heart all along, no one would need to work. Did consider that?

If you have a chocolate bar in your heart I suggest seeking medical attention.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: UmbraPie Wii Friend Code: 0518680564637417
bjwdestroyer  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

InflatablePie wrote:
I had heard of Free Bird before GH, but never heard the song, surprisingly.

I also played on Medium, but I kinda zoned out from the awesome - not to mention it was over a year ago, so I don't remember much.

Basically, this.

I've heard of Free Bird and got to listen to it maybe once or twice, but if you ever told me to hum or sing it, I would just stare at you and make a ¯\(°_o)/¯ face.

I started the GH series with GH2, so similarly, I first played Free Bird on medium. Because I was new to the series and playing on medium, I really couldn't understand the difficulty of the first 5 minutes: so many songs feel the same when the difficulty is that low. However, during the latter portion of the song, my attitude changed into "why the fuck won't this end?"

Now? \m/ Free Bird
Tahmer  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Freebird first on the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame 200x (5 or 6?) on VH1. So I suppose it wasn't all the original members but it was just as good. I just remember staring in awe at some awesome never ending guitar solo.

Last edited by Tahmer on Thu May 08, 2008 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Tahmer
vader9200  

Location: The town from the movie in The Haunting in Connecticut

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i loved Free Bird for a few years before i got GH2, I started listening to Rock bands like Skynyrd when i was around 8 or 10, so i loved it before i ever played it.
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second time I ever played Guitar Hero, I beat GH2 on Medium for a lazy friend (he was only up to like War Pigs or something, so I was playing for a couple hours XD), and I was like "Hmm, that Free Bird was good but easy, I wonder what it's like on Expert." So I played it on Expert and got through 55% of it before "OMGWTFSOLO". I was so proud of myself XD.
zYgote  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, 15 years ago?

The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
teliot  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freebird was the only reason I bothered to get interested in guitar hero.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew the song - not very well, but I was at least aware of the length and the ridiculous solo... but basically my reaction was this:

bjwdestroyer wrote:
"why the fuck won't this end?"

Nowadays my reaction is... well, pretty much the same to be honest. I have nothing like the attention span required to put myself through all that drivel.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
X28KillsLaterX  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

firat was on gh on medium. first day i played the game and my cuzin was saying "i bet you can't beat free bird"! because it had been my first day playing and i already was beating my cousins score on songs. Beat it and said wow easy.

Didn't think that first try on expert.
ravagetalon  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had heard it before... but wasnt really a big Skynyrd fan at the time...

As far as it being in Guitar Hero... I think it is the single most epic final Encore... reason for that is: AT Just about EVERY Skynyrd Concert, the band would play their set, and encore, and leave the stage. But the crowd would erupt and start chanting "FREE BIRD FREE BIRD!!" SKynyrd would come back out, ROnny would take the mic and say something like "What song is it you wanna hear??" and the crowd would go even more nuts. They'd then break into Free Bird in super epic fashion... Sometimes playing extended versions of the solo too.

It is only fitting that Free Bird in a GH game could ONLY be the final encore.

My first time playing it? My first play thru of GH2 M. I was like... "hmmm this is pretty simple" *solo comes* "Holy..."

Thinking back to that day I never imagined playing it on expert.

Last edited by ravagetalon on Thu May 08, 2008 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: RaVAgETaLOn Wii Friend Code: 1077530132982432
directshot999  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freebird was one of my favorite Skynyrd songs (I love Lynyrd Skynyrd), it was up there with Sweet Home Alabama, That Smell, and Gimme Three Steps. I loved it, especially the solos. I never even KNEW it was in GH, but I had remembered at Skynyrd concerts on some movies about them the crowd chanting "Freebird!!!" after songs.

When I heard the crowd say that after passing Beast and the Harlot on Medium, I almost cried. Partly from joy, and the pain of thinking about that solo.
sprinter461  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: Concerning Free Bird... Reply with quote

Shotgunmerc wrote:
Did you first hear Free Bird as the Final Encore of GH2?

If so, what were you thinking for the first 5 minutes, and what did you think once you saw the solo?

If you heard it for the first time outside of GH, what was it like?

I heard it the first time on Guitar Hero, and even though i was playing on Medium, my arm ached due to the length.

Recount your first free bird experience.

OK I feel REALLY old right now, but I've been listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd since the 70's, so I knew that song VERY well way before GH was even a concept. Yeah I turn 41 this summer...

Buy the Ticket... Take the Ride...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: sprinter461 PSN Name: sprinter461 Wii Friend Code: 8622491128818614
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: