ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
My FF7 Progress: SCSWESONIIB - Omnislash + Bosses 17 and 18
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slayer17  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: My FF7 Progress: SCSWESONIIB - Omnislash + Bosses 17 and 18 Reply with quote

STATS AS OF 5/22/08:

EDIT: Ok, so I've decided on my challenge, which is as follows:
Single Character
Starting Weapon(Buster Sword; may never be unequipped)
Enemy Skill Materia Only(this is the only materia I may use throughout the game)
No Items In Battle(self-explanatory; can use items out of battle, but I plan not to go overboard; also, NO SOURCES OF ANY KIND)

Anything else goes.....which isn't much lol.

And so it begins:

Day 1 - Popped in Disc 1 for the first time in a while. Selected "NEW GAME" and went to get food whilst the intro video played. Killed off Barret whom I aptly named "BIGBLACKY". Accidentally attacked Cloud once doing 35 damage....boo.

- Game Over on the fucking Guard Scorpion due to getting hit by the tail laser....this is going to be harder than I thought.

- Beat Guard Scorpion after leveling up once lol. Video of the battle here.

- Leveled Cloud up to level 10 at the Train Graveyard. Gonna get Cross Slash before moving on.

Day 2
- Leveled Cloud to 12 and got Blade Beam....wow that was fast. Attempted Boss #2 Air Buster and got royally pwned. I'll need to level Cloud to probably around 20 before I can even stand a chance against this thing. Hopefully I will also get Climhazzard by then.

- Got Climhazzard and Cloud is level 14. Just attempted Air Buster again, and still got royally owned. My potion supply which I use to level up is running low. I'm down to 39 of my original 99. if I end up using all the potions before I beat this boss I might cry....or cheat, whichever comes first.

- GOT METEORAIN!!!!! YES!!!! Ok, now with this lethal weapon, I think I stand a chance against Air Buster. Cloud is very close to level 16. By the time I build up his Limit Gauge, he'll be to 16. Then, I'll try the boss. Also, I'm down to 19 potions >_<

- WOOT! Beat Air Buster!!!! - Video

- Beat boss #3 Apps in one try Luckily I remembered there was a boss coming up and built up my Limit Gauge. Cloud is still level 16.

- Beat boss #4 Reno in one hit! Meteorain FTMFW!!! I'm flyin' now

Day 3 - Didn't play at all today.

Day 4 - Beat Boss #5 Sample HO512....I ended the battle with 7 HP. Forgot to record it though
- Tried to beat the Hundred Gunner with Barret and lolfailed.

- Beat the Hundred Gunner and Heli Gunner using all Aeris, Red XIII, and Barret, still no items or materia, and starting weapons. I'm not happy about it, but there was no way around it. Anyway, Boss #6 defeated.

- Beat boss #7 Rufus. It was pretty easy, and I got it on film.

- Attempted Motor Ball and was royally pwned. Just built up my limit break and I'm about to try again.

- Meteorain has failed me Looks like I need to level up again. Shooting for 21 before I try the boss again. It has 2600 HP, so that'll take probably 2 Meteorains, which will never happen. I tried using a hyper beforehand, but after the minigame everyone's statuses get reset.

- Got the hyper thing to work by using it when the minigame starts and it shows the controls. Using that I was able to pull off a second Meteorain...which didn't kill it. I r sad.

Day 5 - Beat boss #8 Motor Ball

- Got my first Enemy Skill - Matra Magic!

- Crossed the swamp without a chocobo on my first try!

- Beat boss #9 Bottomswell first try! It was really boring and a relatively quick fight, so no video(I also saved over it lol).

- Beat boss #10 Jenova Birth!!!! This took about 5 tries, but damn did I get lucky! Lucky win is lucky.

- Beat boss #11 Dyne first try!

- Got the buggy, going for Aqualung enemy skill.

- Got Aqualung and got to level 30. Also, beat boss #12 Reno and Rude. Complete joke, but the dialogue is hilarious.

Day 6
- Stuck on Gi Nattak. Went to get Omnislash...but can't yet. Gayness. Just wasted 2 hours, 50 GP, and 65,000 BP.... /wrists.

- Beat Gi Nattak!

- Got to level 41 and am at the next boss already: Materia Keeper.

- Beat Materia Keeper!

- Leveled to 50!

- OBTAINED OMNISLASH AFTER ANOTHER HOUR AND A HALF IN THE BATTLE ARENA!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!! The last battle was so epic. I went into the 8th battle with poison and low health, and somehow managed to kill a Ying and Yang. Those guys are BRUTAL!

- BEAT BOSSES 15 AND 16!!!! Holy shit these battles were both so close...no idea how I came out of them alive

Day 7 - Beat bosses 17 and 18 Schizo and Jenova Death. Both battles were quite boring and really only consisted of Omnislash and a few Aqualungs.

- Progressed the story a ton. Blah blah, no more Cloud for a bit

Last edited by Slayer17 on Thu May 22, 2008 7:26 pm; edited 46 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mr Pants17
officialmaniac  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blindfolded. While eating a sandwich.
egraves7  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Vincent/Yuffie maybe? Doubt that it would make it any harder though. No accessories? (I think there were accessories... it has been way too long since I've played.)

locken  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play with only 1 or 2 characters, just keep the other/s dead.
GH3X - 66/70 FCs
Total - 170/211
TTFAF - 852K
Sottle  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Items
Command Materia Only.

Any challenge in FFVII that involves Items is really pretty easy.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Slayer17  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions(especially official ).

I think what I'm going to do is:
only cure materia is allowed
starting weapons
cloud only
no items

I was thinking of no accessories, but I'll more than likely need those to stay alive.

How does that sound?

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I seriously would be impressed by a Blindfolded run, but maybe thats just me.
Slayer17  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

officialmaniac wrote:
Hey I seriously would be impressed by a Blindfolded run, but maybe thats just me.

Lol that might be kinda difficult. The World Map would be the hardest part of the game

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off Topic: Slayer17, make your sig say "$100" since it will be 20 times harder than "What the?!"
On Topic: Try Using the basic weapons, basic materias, and switch around your HP and MP. I guarantee you will NOT succeed
If you do somehow succeed, then spam me with facepalms, you fail, etc.
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about only using normal attack? I don't really know if it's possible but it sure would be challenging :p
bungmonkey  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197341/39733
Slayer17  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basst, the only problem with that is getting HP-->MP swap early in the game. I suppose it's possible with an emulator, but on the PS1 version, no way. Oh, and you're right about my sig lol. Didn't really think it was THAT fast...I was wrong xD.

buMf00d, that's challenging, but not THAT challenging. Plus, with my setup I would be doing that anyway.

bungmonkey, that's all well and good, but as I said, I absolutely refuse to do a low level challenge. I just hate them.

As a recap, this will be my challenge:
Cloud only(Tifa after Mideel)
Starting weapon
ONLY Enemy Skill is allowed as far as materia goes
no items during battle

So this basically means I can use ONLY "Attack" , "Enemy Skill" , and "LIMIT BREAK" to damage enemies. I am allowing accessories because many of the boss battles will be pretty much impossible without them, especially without a Ribbon.

Note that most of the difficulty of this challenge comes from the inability to heal. You don't obtain Enemy Skill for a looooong time, and I can't use items in battle, so I have to go plenty of full battles without healing at all.

Now that I've decided on my challenge, I'll edit this thread into my progress thread. I'm going to start the game tonight. Wish me luck

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always use the PC version and edit the HP-->MP swap into your game file Actually I might do that...

Good luck with this, sounds ridiculous to me.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stryker. Yeah, it's gonna be insanely hard. The first boss whooped my ass twice lol.

Then I got killed in a random battle 20 minutes later.

I plan on leveling until I get Cross Slash at least. I want Cloud to be at like level 12 before I go anywhere, because I know there's another boss coming up that will probably be a pain in the ass with 1 character.

Also, updated first post with a video of beating Guard Scorpion....yeah, I got lucky haha.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should at least outlaw sources. No challenge if you have pumped up stats.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: