ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Killer 7
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Killer 7 Reply with quote

I adore this game, Everything about it, the looks, the style, the sound, the gameplay just blows my mind everytime I play it. So how many other people took the risk and bought it? And what did you think?
buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the risk and bought it a couple months ago and loved it. The story took me a couple plays and a online faq to just just what the hell was going on.

The amount of style in that game IMO surpasses games like Okami and DMC in every aspect. Also loved the amount of blood and the coll looking counter attacks. Hope you got the GC version as its far superior to the Ps2
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buttfaceninja wrote:
I took the risk and bought it a couple months ago and loved it. The story took me a couple plays and a online faq to just just what the hell was going on.

The amount of style in that game IMO surpasses games like Okami and DMC in every aspect. Also loved the amount of blood and the coll looking counter attacks. Hope you got the GC version as its far superior to the Ps2

=|

I have the PS2 version, what's the difference?
buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SThorpe wrote:
buttfaceninja wrote:

=|

I have the PS2 version, what's the difference?
As far as I know almost no load times and sharper graphics. And with how many load times there between cutscenes and going to different rooms, those can add up.
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sharper graphics, better load times, and they took out a joke about masturbation(No I'm not kidding).

Still haven't finished it, though =/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been able to really get into this game but I do own it for GC. The rails movements with non-rails shooting really fucks with my head. The weird subject matter doesn't bother me and in fact I quite enjoy that part... I just don't like the controls very much (at least what I've played of it).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Ps2 version and the worst thing about it is the occasional frame rate lag, especially when there's a lot of enemies. I thought the game was pretty awesome though.
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. Game.

I have the Cube version for the same reason why I have RE4 for the Cube: Capcom 5.

Originally, Nintendo and Capcom struck a deal to make exclusive titles for the Cube. "They" (will explain soon) weren't so hot on the PS2, since their experience with Devil May Cry left a sour taste. It's hardware was lacking, and their original vision of the game never came to life due to it's limitations. Since then, DMC creator Hideki Kamiya and Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami have worked on Cube games (mostly Mikami). I'm pretty sure that Inaba was part of the Capcom5 deal...but I'm not certain. Anyway, the Capcom 5 are as followed:

P.N. 03
Killer7
Phoenix
Viewtiful Joe
Resident Evil 4

Phoenix never saw the light of day, and all but P.N. 03 would later recieve the port treatment. The unique thing about Killer7 is that it's the only game of the Capcom5 to have seen multi-port releases when made available (PS2 and Cube).

I choose the Cube version of this game because it was meant for the Cube, so I expected it to be better than the Cube, and from what I've heard, I made the right decision. The only PS2 version of the games I have is Viewtiful Joe, and that was because of the playable Dante character for it.

Makes me wonder how Phoenix would have turned out. Viewtiful Joe, Killer7 and Okami (also part of team Kamiya-Mikami scheme) were some radical games. I have P.N. 03, but never got around to playing it.

anyway, Con is the best. I love the guy. His dual pistols, the way he holds and reloads them, his counter attack....love him. Coyote is a close second, though.

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.N 03 sucks bad. It doesnt have the style of Killer 7 or Okami. Its gameplay sucks. Its an awful game. By far worst one of the "Capcom5" that got released.
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevilMayAsian wrote:
anyway, Con is the best. I love the guy. His dual pistols, the way he holds and reloads them, his counter attack....love him. Coyote is a close second, though.

Yeah I like Con too (and Coyote ;-) ), I tend to use Kevin a lot though, because of how steady aiming is, the only bad thing is he doesn't say anything cool when you hit the sweet spot...

I like Mask too but he's not as fun as the others. =(
buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SThorpe wrote:
DevilMayAsian wrote:

Yeah I like Con too (and Coyote ;-) ), I tend to use Kevin a lot though, because of how steady aiming is, the only bad thing is he doesn't say anything cool when you hit the sweet spot...

I always thought Dan was a badass. I never used Kachie(I think thats her name) cause she kinda sucks compared to everybody else. Always though Kevin was the coolest till I found out he was gay.
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's KAEDE (not adding emphasis. That's just how it looks).

de Mask is a monster of a beast, especially when you get his complete costume. His range of destruction is oh. so. good. Not so good on fast objects, though, like.....I wanna say Morgan Blackburn. I know Blackburn is right, but I'm not so sure about the Morgan part.

Kevin, though, I never got into him. Really, his strength was what killed him for me: the silence. Everytime I hear Coyote saying "You're fucked!" it just makes me smile. The way he says it just....makes me happy. =D

Have you guys played the Killer8 part of the game, with Harman as the 8th playable character? He kills things so much. Ruins lives, though his aim can get a bit messy.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buttfaceninja wrote:
SThorpe wrote:
DevilMayAsian wrote:

I always thought Dan was a badass. I never used Kachie(I think thats her name) cause she kinda sucks compared to everybody else. Always though Kevin was the coolest till I found out he was gay.

He's gay?! I never knew that
Yeah Dan is cool, with the suit, sideburns and everything...

That's KEADE (in capitols because that's the way it is in the game, not sure why that is though...), I don't use her either. I wish you could use Harman a bit more, that huge sniper is great. (He sucks in Killer8 mode)

edit: ^yeah I tried it but I sucked (1 hit kills you right?) =( will probably try do it again after my run through I'm doing now. I'm on the Texas level, my second favourite, after the Dominica Rebublic one, it' looks so awesome that level.

edit2: Does anyone know a way to stop the blood machine (in harman's room) from getting closed? I remember getting pissed on my last completed game because I couldn't max everyone's stats. I mean wth? I've completed the game for god's sake why can't I?!
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blood machine has a cap level with each mission. Once you get get so many amounts of blood, it'll break down. To max out each character's stats, you gotta make sure that the serum count is at it's max level and have the machine break....or get it near breaking. I don't think you HAVE to have it break down in each mission.

The Texas level....is that the one with (pardon the misspelling) Ulmayda, when you have to have de Mask pull a truck out of the gas station's way to get the ring from that talking head? (Is her name Mary?)

SThorpe  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevilMayAsian wrote:
The blood machine has a cap level with each mission. Once you get get so many amounts of blood, it'll break down. To max out each character's stats, you gotta make sure that the serum count is at it's max level and have the machine break....or get it near breaking. I don't think you HAVE to have it break down in each mission.

The Texas level....is that the one with (pardon the misspelling) Ulmayda, when you have to have de Mask pull a truck out of the gas station's way to get the ring from that talking head? (Is her name Mary?)

Yeah that's the level, I've just done that bit, she's such a psycho O_o can't remember her name right now...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: