ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Official "Video Game Challenge" Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mninp  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What fun pokemon challenges are there?
thegibbonator  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, an FFX challenge! I've already completed a few myself, ranging from a simple NSG run to a RONONI challenge, which was definately very tricky to complete. Normally in a Rikku-Only, you can use her overdrive which REALLY helps, but without it, it's hell, especially when you throw in the No Items requirement too.

Have fun playing through the game. Be warned that SCC runs can involve quite a lot of grinding experience at times. A Tidus-Only shouldn't be too bad, but watch out for the Gui battle if you ever decide to take on an YONS (Yuna-Only-No-Summons). That literally took around forty hours worth of grinding experience before Yuna was capable of defeating Gui.

Edit: You could always try a Single-Pokemon challenge, such as the Ditto/Shedinja challenges of late. If you want to try something relatively easy to begin with, a Single-Type challenge can be fun. Beating the game with only Bug Pokemon get's extremely frustrating, mind you. :P A speedrun might also be of appeal to you.

Edit:

Final Fantasy X
Rikku Only

Yeah, this is a relatively simple challenge, especially considering I'm allowing the use of her Overdrive (gotta love how Mixing two maps creates Potato Masher - a powerful grenade ) but I wanted something easy for a change.

I'm currently in the Calm Lands, just finished capturing all of the monsters there now. Deathstrike should make capturing MUCH easier, thank god for that. I really hope it works against Elements, they're going to be hell otherwise.

Sorry I couldn't update this from the beginning, I'd completely forgotten about this sticky. I'll be sure to come back to it with any other challenges I do, though.

Edit: I'm currently in Mt. Gagazet, right before the Seymour battle. I'm grinding some sphere levels out until I get over 3000 max HP (currently at 2760), grinding a bit more since the battles here are EXTREMELY easy AP (Stonestrike capture weapons FTW), then going into the battle. I'll see if I remember to update again, eh? :P

Edit: Okay, that was extremely easy, I beat him first try without any difficulty whatsoever. Used a Chocobo Feather and a Lunar Curtain, waited for Lulu and Auron to be knocked out, Mixed Quartet Of 9, used three Fire Gems and I got an Overkill. He only actually damaged Rikku once, with a Flare that did roughly 2100 damage. Like I said, extremely easy.

My last.fm profile. My musical taste is obviously superior to everybody else's. Even if it does include black metal, classical and synthpop.

Last edited by thegibbonator on Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:59 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Tetrinity
Bladed  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thegibbonator wrote:
Awesome, an FFX challenge! I've already completed a few myself, ranging from a simple NSG run to a RONONI challenge, which was definately very tricky to complete. Normally in a Rikku-Only, you can use her overdrive which REALLY helps, but without it, it's hell, especially when you throw in the No Items requirement too.

Have fun playing through the game. Be warned that SCC runs can involve quite a lot of grinding experience at times. A Tidus-Only shouldn't be too bad, but watch out for the Gui battle if you ever decide to take on an Auron-Only. That literally took around forty hours worth of grinding experience before Auron was fast enough to take it out...

RONONI and RONI are two different things, in RONI you CAN Mix and in both you are able to utilise the Use skill.

Congrats on wasting 40 hours doing unnecessary grinding. For a YONS you NEED to grind to Reflect to get PAST Gui and HOLY to get past Anima (and that can only be done pre-Spherimorph).

thegibbonator  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I can use Mix in a RONI, but I was playing a RONONI, so no overdrives used at all. And trust me, I took more than full advantage of the Use ability.

Looking back at what I posted, I seem to have made rather a large cock-up; the YONS challenge was actually what I was referring to with the paragraph about the Gui battle, but somewhere along the line my brain must've gotten confused and started talking about an Auron-Only. That's what I get for posting at 3am, I suppose.

My last.fm profile. My musical taste is obviously superior to everybody else's. Even if it does include black metal, classical and synthpop.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Tetrinity
TheRidGE  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am considering what would almost be a speed run of GTA4.

One of the 360 achievements is to complete the storyline missions in under 30 hours of gameplay. I want to go one better, and beat the game in one sitting under 30 hours.

I cannot pause, except to set points on the map for navigation. This means any eating/sleeping/pissing/yelling at my parents I need to do must be done without pausing.

And, of course, with any stunt like this, it will be streamed online, possibly with a Gamebridge copy to be uploaded to youtube afterwards.

I'm not sure when I would be able to do this. I would want to complete the game first (which I am slowly getting close to), I'd have to ask for two days off in a row from work (which rarely happens without asking), and I'd need a friend to keep me going, and possibly get me drinks/food. Also, I would think that load times (into missions) do not count toward game time, along with cutscenes (but I planned on skipping them anyway, unless I use one for a piss break or something), so there would still be a difference between gameplay time and real time. Would I still have succeeded if I play for over 30 real life hours, but still get the achievement?

Give me advice on how to improve this idea. Please.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: the oRidGEinal Wii Friend Code: 4504280527441862
mninp  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap, my FFX game dosen't work anymore, so I have to wait another month until I finish school in order to get one. Sigh. I guess I'll try to do a Ryudo-Only challenge in Grandia II.
Strykerx  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJ you have links to every challenge in the original post except mine, are you still updating it?

About GTA4, uh, good luck with that. I don't know how you could make it tougher than in one sitting.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about starting a Devil May Cry 4 no power-ups challenge. But I would probably do it on human mode.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJShultz wrote:
...Pokemon with only a particular pokemon, etc)...

Game - Pokemon Colosseum

Challenge - Espeon (one of the starters) only

Aim- To beat the major boss, kill every shadow pokemon and level to 100.

Moves and Item -
Confusion
Psybeam
Psychic
Toxic
~Quick Claw~

Day 1

Got through the outskirt stand.
At phenac i dumped umbreon in the PC.
Forgot to mention, I named the girl SH =]
Beat the 4 pre-gym leaders for a white herb! (Restores Stat Loss one time each battle).
Killed the shadow makuhita and snagem members.

Day 2

Stocked up on some X Defends and X Specials.
Beat the green guy with the shadow bayleef.
Progressed to Pyrite Town!
Dies various times at duel square -.-
Managed to find one person to slowly level on.
Ended up at level 34 =P

Day 3

Carried on the story slightly.
Replaced the cog in the windmill type place.
Leveled up quite a bit.
FINALLY beat Cail and his shadow ferret.
Defeated all the shadow pokemon of duel square.
Beat the colosseum with no difficulty whatsoever.
Leveled to 38 and learnt PSYBEAM!!!
Dreading the long cave heading to Mirror.B.

Day 4

Stocked up on X defends and super potions.
Started through the building leading to the cave.
Leveled up quite a bit with no trouble.
Made it to the cave.
Destroyed everyone in sight, leveling to 47!
At level 47, learnt PSYCHIC!!!
OH YEAH!
Majorly pwned Mirror.B, OHKOing everything.
Including his shadow Sudowoodo =P
Made my way over to Agate Village.
Got 'quick claw' in a chest and gave it to espeon.
Realised the only way to kill a carvanha is to poison it -.-
Finally reached my beloved MT.BATTLE.
Tomorrow i'll begin the powerleveling =).

Day 5

Prepared for mass leveling, and the upcoming entei battle.

Last edited by dr4gonforce on Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
N.T.F.  

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The summer gaming challenge!!!!!

This summer I'm going to play some games that i didn't play much when i first got them.

THE GAMES

Lost Planet
FF2(gba)
Quake 4
MGS 2

first up is FF2, cuz i broke my wrist

EDIT:Canceled because of gta4

Last edited by N.T.F. on Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bladed  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've changed my challenge to one that I can show proof of atm (sorry about that; and yes I'm still playing KH2 - nearly finished main storyline in a practice run). My post has been edited as appropriate.

CleverTangent  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: 3 Heart Challenge

I'm a bit surprised that nobody has done this yet. I love the LoZ series, and I found myself going through this game the first time through without getting hurt very often, so I decided to go for a challenge.

Things that are restricted:

1) I will never collect any heart containers after I kill a boss.
2) I will never collect any Pieces of Heart.
3) I will not use the Magic Armor.

Things not restricted:
1) I can and will use red potions, blue potions, and fairies, as well as any other healing object.
2) I can and will abuse Ooccoo while in dungeons.
3) I can and will obtain Quiver and Bomb Bag upgrades.

I haven't started yet, but I'll post progress later.

Parts that I think will be painfully difficult are Snowpeak (due to Frezzards) and Death Mountain (due to lava).

Forest Temple
Extremely easy, because you've only got three hearts at this point of the game anyway. I still filmed the boss battle (here), which I will be doing for every boss fight.
SheepKirby  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently completed a Solo Smeargle run of Pokemon Silver. For those unaware, Smeargle is a unique Pokemon that only knows one attack, Sketch. Sketch permanently copies whatever move that your opponent used. Smeargle relearns Sketch at levels 11, 21, 31, 41, etc. ONLY if you've used up his previous Sketch. So to successfully run through the game with only a Smeargle, you have to conserve Sketches (But not too long), use them on useful moves, and think ahead.

Revelus helped out with much of the planning for this run. I probably would have stopped midway through if not for his help.

I also used a few other Pokemon to learn HM moves, but they were not used in battle.

I used a GameShark to start out with Smeargle.

- First thing I did was use my first Sketch to learn Tackle early in the game. I leveled up a few times and beat my Rival.

- Next, I leveled up to 11 and learned another Sketch, which I used to get Gust off of Falkner's Pidgeotto. I also beat Falkner at this point to clear the first gym.

- I used Gust to defeat Bugsy in the next gym.

- I leveled up to 21 and used X Defends (And a bit of luck) to beat Whitney and clear the third gym.

- I used the Sketch from level 21 and Sketched Fire Punch from a trainer's Magmar before Ecruteak. I also continued leveling up to level ~29.

- Managed to beat Morty, though the Curses crippled me a ton. In the process I got to level 31 and Sketched Shadow Ball from Morty's Gengar. Fourth gym cleared.

- I cleared the Lighthouse, went across the sea, grinded to level 41 and learned another Sketch, which I used to learn Ice Punch from a Hitmonchan in Chuck's gym (This overwrote Tackle). Also, I hit a major roadblock in Chuck's gym as his fighting moves did a ton of damage to my Smeargle. By some insane stroke of luck, I got past his Poliwrath without taking a hit and then was able to get past his Primeape. Fifth gym cleared.

- I used Fire Punch to beat Jasmine. Sixth gym cleared.

- I beat the Rockets in Mahogany town, and leveled up past 51, learning another Sketch (This overwrote Gust). I held onto this Sketch for the future.

- I beat Pryce with Fire Punch on Ice types and Shadow Ball on Ice/Water types. Seventh gym cleared.

- I used the Sketch from earlier to Sketch Thunderbolt from one of Claire's Dragonairs. I used Ice Punch to beat Claire. Eighth gym cleared.

- I went through Victory Road, leveling up past 61, and learning another Sketch (Overwriting Shadow Ball).

- I used my last Sketch to get Psychic from one of Will's Xatus. I beat the rest of his team with Thunderbolt. I beat Koga easily.

- Bruno presented that Fighting type challenge again. This is why I sketched Psychic, which I used to beat his Fighting types while Ice Punching his Onix. I beat Karen and Lance easily.

Whew, that's it. All in all a very fun and interesting run. If you're looking for a unique challenge in Gold/Silver/Crystal I'd definitely recommend giving this a shot. I've been experimenting with the idea of a Wobbuffet solo run next, in G/S/C, which should prove... interesting.

Pokemon Silver Smeargle-only challenge completed. \o/
solidsnake831  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resident Evil 4 (PS@/GC)

Im currently doing this myself........

NO Weapons purchased
so only able to use
Handgun(no punisher)
Shotgun
Broken Butterfly(cannot be upgraded)
one rocket launcher
and all grenades

1. all weapons minus the bb can be upgraded
2. can increase case size
3. case size is the only thing(other then upgrades) that can be purchased from merchant
4. allowed to sell treasures and other items
5. no wii, snipping becomes to easy

if interested or have any questions drop me a pm
Beat Rock the 80s Expert
Beat Guitar Hero I
Obtain Log for GHII
Obtain 80s Log
Beat Guitar Hero III
powahouse  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i recently decided to beat goldeneye with ONLY your starting weapon, unless it conflicts with other objectives. as for the levels where you start unarmed, you can use the first weapon you pick up.

doing this on 00 agent seems impossible.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: P0WAH0USE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: