ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Official "Video Game Challenge" Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bladed  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a mod would like to delete my other post, that'd be great since I can't for some reason >_>

Anyway, VII doesn't work so that may or may not be good news depending. I doubt I'll be able to either fix the laser or get a new PS2 within about 8 hours, so, yeah.

Same premise (as close to perfection as sensibly possible within one sitting, and only saving at a few points) but different game that I'll leave up to you guys (neither are streamable. Sowwy):

1. Final Fantasy XII (without max natural HP/MP obv.)
2. Canis Canem Edit (Bully to the non-Europeans)

Y0urSweetShadow  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones Challenge
(either side of the story may be taken)
1. Game must be on hard.
2. No prepromoted characters can be used. (Seth, Innes, etc.)
3. Units may not be promoted. (i.e., Joshua must stay a myrmidon)
4. No deaths. (restarting is okay, but you must finish the game with all characters acquired)
5. Dragonstone may not be used.
6. No battles may take place in the Tower of Valni.

I've done it. Can you??

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nethack gets very freaky with it's self-imposed challenges.

My best were a wishless-genocideless-polymorphless-survivor ascension (Arc Hum Fem Law), and a vegan-weaponless-armourless-genocideless-polymorphless-artifactwishless-survivor (Mon Hum Fem Neu).

Those two are both relatively tame. The champ is probably a wishless-genocideless-polymorphless-illiterate-atheist-weaponless-vegan (Mon Hum Fem Neu), although anybody who can pull off the foodless-atheist-survivor is seriously badass; all of which have been done.

And that's before we get to the really freaky shit like any of the zen games.

My Crapchievements Thread GOAL: The Log [Beast And The Harlot 4.7*]
"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
InflatablePie  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished my FFTA Marche-only runthrough I started back in August (didn't play for ~2 mo. when I got stuck). Although, now I have to do the after-game missions.

Finished at level 43 (99 EXP (...)), 26.5 hrs or so (although I spent maybe 5+ hours more, but kept getting game overs).

And I did this without a FAQ/guide, so I didn't get the bonus items (ex. Genji armor) from lining up the cities the right way. Nor did I remember the easy way to get the Steal: Ability/Weapon stuff early in the game (IIRC it took dispatch missions, anyway).

Rules:
- Marche only. Drop everyone else and kill Montblanc in a jagd ASAP.
- When you have to use Montblanc, he must always "Wait" and stay in the same direction he started the turn in.
- No healing Montblanc, either.
- You cannot recruit anyone (therefore, no dispatch missions).
- You must name your character "Marche" and your clan, "Clan Marche" [optional]

That's about it, IIRC. Not too hard, and gives a very rewarding feeling to beat the game with just Marche.

Tips:
- Shell, Protect, Cure, Esuna ASAP. Then get some Steal abilities.
- Upgrade to Ninja and try to level up as Ninja most of the time. Although, if you can get Blue Mage, that might give you better all-around stats (don't remember). White Mage can boost your Magic Resist/Power and still give a little Speed.
- On any level with "targets" (weird statues, boxes, towers, etc.), kill all the enemies, then cast Protect/Shell over and over for 10 EXP per casting. Easy leveling, but I wouldn't recommend over-leveling (maybe 5 levels per stage).

The first few levels are tricky, but it gets very easy towards the end.
PiemanLK wrote:
Eastwinn wrote:
Right, but if you had the chocolate bar in your heart all along, no one would need to work. Did consider that?

If you have a chocolate bar in your heart I suggest seeking medical attention.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: UmbraPie Wii Friend Code: 0518680564637417
lun471k  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update for my FNG score: 13.00 seconds.
My firend, (F E R lL O F T) is first with 9.7 seconds on X360.
Raikri999  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: KH1 99 Level Challenge Reply with quote

Hey, I just thought of a really tough challenge I could be able to do(May take years just to say)

Kingdom Hearts 1: Level 99 Challenge
Overview: This challenge is litterally hell. For first, I'm really just doing this for fun. It'll consist of 3 run-throughs of the game(All of them being Normal, Expert would be impossible). On the 1st Run, I'm aiming to go through the game and reach Level 99 before Hollow Bastion(2nd time), on the 2nd Run, I'm aiming to reach Level 99 before Hollow Bastion(1st time), and for the 3rd Run(Here it comes!) I'm aiming to reach Level 99 Before leaving Destiny Islands(I hope that's possible, this one will obviously be the longest one and the most annoying one at some times)

I'm currently reviewing if this is possible because it definitely looks like a very tough challenge and very hard but amusing at the same time.

So, on the current view, I'm at Level 9 approaching Alice In Wonderland(If that's the world's name) and I'm trying to get to Level 20 before I venture onto the Olympus Coliseum. I'll update later what I'll do next.

Edit1: I've completed 1 and 2 (No Pics, sorry[Really doesn't matter though <_<]) and since it's not really fun(I was sure too!) I've decided to sell the game and not do the 3rd challenge(Just because.. well, I've gotten bored with the damn thing)

Last edited by Raikri999 on Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYwRiter94  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POKEMON DRATINI

Alright, so I'm gonna be doing a Pokemon FireRed Challenge. I've hacked the game so that I start with Dratini, and it and its evolutions are the only pokemon I can use. I'll have HM slaves, obviously, but not for battle(unless I have to level it to get an evolution where I can use the HM see: Magikarp-->Gyarados). If my Dratini is KO'd, I can only put my HM slaves in and use revives/etc. on my pokemon, not attacks. Therefore, if I have none of those things, I have to let the opponent win. However, I will be taking out all of my HM slaves(unless necessary) before entering a Gym.

11:00--Day 1:
Got my Dratini. Started out at level 2, and my opponent got an Abra, so I instantly won the beginning battle. I then had massive trouble with the wild pokemon, as Dratini only knows wrap and is at level 4 after beating Abra.

12:00--Day 1:
Raised my Dratini to level 10 and beat my Rival the second time...leveling will take forever. Dratini's moveset is Wrap, Leer, and Thunder Wave.

2:00--Day 1: I wasn't playing much the past two hours, but I got Dratini up to level 12. Once I get to level 15(and Dratini learns Twister), I'll enter Viridian Forest.

4:00--Day 1: I got through Viridian Forest, beat Brock, and got to Mt. Moon. I'm at a level 18 Dratini, and I'll enter Mt. Moon at 20.

10:00--Day 2: Sorry for no update in a while...I beat the last two gym leaders, and now my Dratini is a level 34 Dragonair, and is pwning the competition. I also have a Oddish as a Cut slave, a Pidgey as a future Fly slave, and a Dugtrio as a Dig/Future Strength slave. I'll probably pick up a water pokemon for the other few HMs. However, I might not play this anymore, as I should be getting a DS today.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All these challenges are making me want to try, maybe I will do a LoZ: Minish cap challange, or a sonic one...

I got an idea!

Starfox assault: GC

Well first I have never completed it before so first i will complete it, then i will add to the challenge

Ill begin now!

I will record gameplay as I progress, but not with a gamebridge so it will be pretty bad quality.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Deadlier bagi
Yewb  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back on the YONS again and am finally past Sinspawn Gui (game time: 166:32:xx), blitzing for a Return and a Teleport sphere now, then dodging 100 bolts for an assload of stat spheres...
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
Sottle  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm aiming to reach Level 99 Before leaving Destiny Islands(I hope that's possible, this one will obviously be the longest one and the most annoying one at some times)

It's possible, but unbelievably time consuming, there was a topic on Gamefaqs ages ago that i followed for a while and no one even got close before giving up. Whether anyone has finished by now, i have no idea, but i doubt it.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
DoubleJump  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: RE4 Challenge Reply with quote

I have a challenge for RE4 players...

RULE 1:Handgun,Knife,TMP,and Grenade only. However, no Flash Grenades, for those are Insta-Kill for Las Plagas.

RULE 2:Only use TMP when neccessary. For example, when Dr. Salvador is running at you with his chainsaw.

RULE 3:No healing items. If you must clear them out, give them to Ashley.

RULE 4:Trigger ALL Chainsaw Enemies. (Dr. Salvador and the Bella Sisters)

RULE 5:At the split paths, take both, In any order you want. On the left path, dont be a wuss and stay back to a wall. Stay out in the open.

RULE 6:All chainsaw enemies must die. No abusing the glitch at the village.

RULE 7:Flammatory Grenades are only allowed for clearing out large, slow crowds. Using them on Mendez are allowed, but only 1. Dont use TMP on him, either.

RULE 8:On 3-1, dont take down the ballistas. Take fire like a man.
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: RE4 Challenge Reply with quote

DoubleJump wrote:
I have a challenge for RE4 players...

That's simply not possible. For one, you're talking about not using any health items, and also saying you can't kill the flaming things and to "Take fire like a man"? Too contradictory.
Chil  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a better challenge for RE4: Pro mode knife only.

1: You can only use the knife
2: Only use the pistol on things that the knife can't reach (Salazar, etc.)
3: No selling, buying, or upgrading from the merchant
4: No continues
5: Skipping enemies is allowed

It's possible.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, er, I'm doing a solo Hobopolis run on Kingdom of Loathing.

Hobopolis is a massive dungeon that was integrated into the game (a text-based, turn-limited RPG) as the first piece of high-level multiplayer content. Basically, you spend turns in combat with high-level enemies in order to unlock five side areas, which then in turn must be cleared out to unlock five side bosses, which must (should) be defeated before going back to the main area to defeat the overboss, finishing the dungeon.

It takes three thousand enemy kills to unlock the overboss and an additional 500 in each of the side areas, plus obviously the six bosses which take a turn or more each. Total: 5,506 at absolute best.

For those in the know, I'm a DB (and therefore building scarehobos is all but out of the question) and I missed my chance to throw tires on the fire in BB.

This, in a game that gives you forty turns per real-life day (which can be boosted up to about 200 at a considerable cost and 350+ if you want to go mad with real-life money to "buy" in-game money). The dungeon was meant to be tackled by a team of a dozen or more, but I'm doing it solo because, hey, more loot when you don't have to share it, right?

Progress in my sig...

Incidentally, for those of you who play the game, this is what my screen looks like right now:

I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
LethalFishEater  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Z-Rox Normal Mode Run:
No looking up the answers (visiting the Z-Rox thread for hints is not considered cheating to me.)

For those who have completed Normal Mode:
Extreme Random Attack Runs
Extreme Limited View Runs

Screen captures of the completion screen for the all runs are a must.
Personally, I use Screenshot Pilot (Go Google Screenshot capture for other options, I don't give handouts :p).

PM me if:
You accept the challenge (any of them)
You complete any of the challenges, with screenshots preferably in the same PM.
>tfw you will never have as many posts as bjw ;_;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FoshOtter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: