ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Strategy Guide --- Beyond 100%; Maximizing Your Score
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desmond  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great FAQ, I am very new to this, and I think I learned a lot. I have been searhing for someone to explain 'squeezing', while I haven'ty really been able to do it yet, at least now I know that it is possible, and helps explain why there is such a vast diffence in all the perfect scores. Thanks
saxev2005  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmond wrote:
Great FAQ, I am very new to this, and I think I learned a lot. I have been searhing for someone to explain 'squeezing', while I haven'ty really been able to do it yet, at least now I know that it is possible, and helps explain why there is such a vast diffence in all the perfect scores. Thanks

I also need someone to show me how to squeeze.....i know what is involved in squeezing, but i physically need to see someone do it.....

GH GOALS (EXPERT):
20 mil (GH2)
Top 100 (GH 80s)
20.5 mil (GH3)
Desmond  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I guess I should proofread before I post... So I did have one question, I tried printing out some of the note charts, but I am not getting the whole thing, I don't know if it is a printer setting or what, but it will only print out one page, and it always cuts off after the fourth measure on each line, and I only get 7 whole lines, and then part of another. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Desmond  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Printing Note Charts Reply with quote

Drewbug17 wrote:
MS Paint works fine also. I just copied the image into paint, resized it down 87%, switched to landscape printing, and un-centered the image. Good to Go!

I still couldn't find a good list of charts for all the songs. Does some website have that?

I am sure there is a user friendly list somewhere, but I couldn't find it, so I just took the one that Malictus gave us and changed the name and difficulty on the URL.

http://www.scorehero.com/images/notecharts/gh2/parasite_guitar_easy.png

that last part you can change the song, instrument, and difficulty and it will bring up whatever you need.
Desmond  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I wanted to thank you again Malictus for a great guide. I am still struggling with the whole squeeze thing, but I have gotten them here and there. Since posting before I have learned how to save and print the note charts for myself, and then I switched to just using paint and doing the counting and marking on it.

One thing I noticed that I some people may or may not be aware of is that when you have the same held note repeating such as in the beginning of Killing in the Name, it doesn't seem to matter if you hit the next note early or late you still get the full points for the hold. But this only works if the hold note doesn't change, just repeating the strumming. I am not sure how useful that is, but when I was trying to maximize my scores I always tried to hit the notes late if they ran into one another and sometimes missed, so now I don't have to worry about it if the note doesn't change.

Wow that probably isn't gonna make any sense when I read it tomorrow. Well hope that helps someone, and thanks again for the guide Mal.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thsi is very helpful, excellent guide for anyone to read. Nice one.

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
TonyD43  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: whammy Reply with quote

the wammy only helps with star power notes
cwo04  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont understand this squeezing AT ALL! sum1 help me out.....
maybe a video or smuthin of it being done would help a lot...

thedrunkenkovinc wrote:
"That IS how ScoreHero...much more than WoWHero...fucking pussy WoW......do it."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
machchunk  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Strategy Guide --- Beyond 100%; Maximizing Your Score Reply with quote

malictus wrote:

How do I know if I got the squeeze?
It's sometimes hard to judge if you activated a squeeze correctly, especially at the end. Watch the last note carefully, and see if the color changes back to its normal color just before you strum. Another technique you can use is to pause your game (assuming there is a rest in the music!), and write down your score, to see how it compares with other times through the same passage.

Or you could see what color the flame is from hitting the note. If the flame is blue, then you squeezed it; if it's orange, then you didn't.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
daddylonglegs75  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Strategy Guide --- Beyond 100%; Maximizing Your Score Reply with quote

machchunk wrote:
Or you could see what color the flame is from hitting the note. If the flame is blue, then you squeezed it; if it's orange, then you didn't.

That's what I do. It almost seems like the flame stays a bit longer if you squeeze it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the tips, i need to practice squeezing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm, i guess everybody else understands it fully. kinda confused on what your talking about with the different SP techniques to use and hitting late or early. whammy bar always screws me up though, i only use it to get more SP,because when i try to use it on every long note, i end up missing notes. really sucks though cause i 98%, 99 % every song on expert and only have 1 songs 100% done on expert.
AxlRose  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great tips. now i can actually rest my hand while whammying. i used to just give it all i had with the quickness of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jason2890  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]2. When you activate star power on a held note, wait as long as possible to activate. You won't lose any points for doing this, and you might be able to add extra activation points at the end. [/img]

So wait, are you saying that you won't get extra hold points by activating SP while on a hold?

Like, what I mean, is that if you activate SP on a hold with 4x going into it, and have 8x for the second half of the note, do you get 4x times the first half of the hold note points and 8x times the second half? Or do you just get 4x for the entire hold note regardless?
BillyBlaze314  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason2890 wrote:
[img]2. When you activate star power on a held note, wait as long as possible to activate. You won't lose any points for doing this, and you might be able to add extra activation points at the end. [/img]

So wait, are you saying that you won't get extra hold points by activating SP while on a hold?

Like, what I mean, is that if you activate SP on a hold with 4x going into it, and have 8x for the second half of the note, do you get 4x times the first half of the hold note points and 8x times the second half? Or do you just get 4x for the entire hold note regardless?

I'm pretty sure what he means is activate the star power just after where you could strum the note, then strum the note at the last possible instant. Don't activate the SP after you have strummed the note.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: