ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
HowTo: Rock You Like a Hurricane Solo 3 FC
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anterth  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: HowTo: Rock You Like a Hurricane Solo 3 FC Reply with quote

If you're like I used to be, RYLAH is a song you should be able to FC, but solo 3 just goofs it up everytime.
If you can make it past the and then get stuck on the fast RYO trill madness, this is the thread for you.

so it goes like this:
======

I tried this section one-handed, tried it tapping, then i looked at the chart and figured out how to (at least for me) most efficiently use my fingers to hit this little section.
I finger it like this:
======
1 2 1 2 1 2 1 3 112113 2 1 2 1 1
Slide index finger up to yellow
Slide index finger back to red
Slide index finger down to green
Pulloffs
as you can see, the first slide of the index finger up to yellow occurs on the first orange note. This occurs because your index finger is already holding down red, and if you play the orange note as a YO chord, then you can pulloff to yellow, slide to red, tap yellow with middle finger, pulloff to red, slide up to yellow, and then hit orange again, and youre ready to then slide back to position 2 and strum your way to the FC.

Here is another way to finger this, if you just cant get the hang of pulling off from orange to yellow and then sliding...
======
1 2 1 2 1 2 1 3 212113 2 1 2 1 1
Pulloffs

This way feels less confusing because you're already used to trilling with your middle finger throughout this section, so you might as well just trill with it once more! and its still much easier to trill fast twice than to trill fast 3 times.

I hope this helps someone out there, as this section was such a pain for me.

Questions and comments are much appreciated!!

Good luck on your RYLAH FC's!!!!

thanks Karatechess!!

Last edited by anterth on Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:07 pm; edited 8 times in total
K81o7  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa that's actually a pretty good call. I should try that. I can hit this section just straight in 2nd position, but it's not consistent. I'll get back to this thread if it works for me.
ZEFFER13  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of something similar to this for solo 3. One question for you. How consistant are you at the solo with this method, and how do you strum the two fast blues in solo 2. 2 strums or 3 to make it even on your hands?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: ZEFFER13 Wii Friend Code: 210568002975
anterth  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEFFER13 wrote:
I was thinking of something similar to this for solo 3. One question for you. How consistant are you at the solo with this method, and how do you strum the two fast blues in solo 2. 2 strums or 3 to make it even on your hands?

as long as i focus and dont rush the first trill i can hit it everytime. but id say at least 3/4 of the time i hit this solo. i had to learn it in practice on slower first but once i got used to it it was significantly easier.

in solo 2, i downstrum both of the really fast blues, not really sure where you would put that extra strum in or how it would 'make it even on your hands'. but those blues are really fast and i do strum the first one significantly early. Thanks to the large timing windows i can hit both of them no problem.

so yeah, just downstrum them both really fast and hit the first one early. thats what i do!

thanks Karatechess!!
Dreminem  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: How to: Rock You Like a Hurricane Solo 3 FC Reply with quote

1 2 1 2 1 2 1 3 212123

1234 left hand (Right if left handed)
1234 tapping hand

I do it like this and hit it about 95% of the time.

You can also use your left hand for the first yellow if you don't elbow strum. Just do it like this...

1 2 1 2 1 2 1 3 212123

I don't know which notes you have to strum, I just know I elbow strummed all of them to get the FC in this section.

You can use your index or middle finger for the tapping.
Get 100% on 60 songs on expert [x] (64)
Get good at fast strumming [x]
Stay top 5 in RevDS and HooT [x]
Matttu  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea. I've only hit that part once one-handed out of sheer luck and my tapping=epic fail. I'll have to try your method out.
zsjostrom35  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a formatting comment; the pink and the yellow in your fingering section are pretty hard to read.
Téa: (Thinking) Look at him undressing me with his eyes! I wonder what he's thinking...
Yami: (Thinking) MAN, I hate milkshakes! (Squeezes milkshake cup) Die, milkshake, die! That's right, milkshake: you have been defeated! Now you go to milkshake prison!
My guides: BIF 5* | Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever | Guide to Writing Guides | NfMH 5* | Practice Mode | My Curse FC | GH3 Co-op Squeezing
Proud Christian
anterth  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zsjostrom35 wrote:
Just a formatting comment; the pink and the yellow in your fingering section are pretty hard to read.

fixed. better?

Also, updated first post with a new fingering technique added.

thanks Karatechess!!
TehFrigz  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you have to do to hit this is anchor red the entire time until the G hold, hit Y with 2 and O with 4..this was my 18th FC..
anterth  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TehFrigz wrote:
All you have to do to hit this is anchor red the entire time until the G hold, hit Y with 2 and O with 4..this was my 18th FC..

some people cant hit the 2nd trill that fast going 21212, or they get messed up when trying to throw a pinky in there, as is my case. I just made this in case anyone else had the same problems with this song that I did and wanted a possible solution.

thanks Karatechess!!
DTate  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great guide, but is hitting that part really this complicated? @_@ I simply trill like a madman with 1 and 2 and make sure to only hit the O twice and I've hit it without extensive practice.

Bodhisattva - Solo 1 [ ] 97%
GGaHT - Solo 1 [ ] 97%
Highway Star Solo D [ ] 95% (triplets FC)
SttP - Odd Riff 2 [ ] 99%
TKAR - Solo 1 [ ] 87%
ZEFFER13  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anterth wrote:
ZEFFER13 wrote:

as long as i focus and dont rush the first trill i can hit it everytime. but id say at least 3/4 of the time i hit this solo. i had to learn it in practice on slower first but once i got used to it it was significantly easier.

in solo 2, i downstrum both of the really fast blues, not really sure where you would put that extra strum in or how it would 'make it even on your hands'. but those blues are really fast and i do strum the first one significantly early. Thanks to the large timing windows i can hit both of them no problem.

so yeah, just downstrum them both really fast and hit the first one early. thats what i do!

It feels even when I start on a Downstrum and end on a Downstrum.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: ZEFFER13 Wii Friend Code: 210568002975
TheRiff  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post, I always felt that this section was an unnecessary tap, and let me tell you, I wont do it if I have to tap it. Fortunately, ive hit this section only once, and that was before I learned solo 2, and it was one handed. I hope your minie guide helps me get the FC. Thanks!

New goals:
FC Slither [ ]
FC The Outsider [ ]
FC Seventeen, I Wanna Rock, or, R&R [ ]
sigster1287  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know that this isnt necessarily exactly on topic but i am having trouble with the part in the second solo that goes something like

and so on....

do you have any suggestions for this part? i dont think should be that difficult of a part but i almost never hit it and i was wondering if you had any suggestions?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: sigster1287
anterth  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigster1287 wrote:
i know that this isnt necessarily exactly on topic but i am having trouble with the part in the second solo that goes something like

and so on....

do you have any suggestions for this part? i dont think should be that difficult of a part but i almost never hit it and i was wondering if you had any suggestions?

yes i do. first, make sure you strum green twice at the beginning of that.
the second time you strum green, trill red twice afterwards with your 2nd finger. then slide index up to red and strum it, and while holding down red, trill yellow twice with your second finger. then slide index up to yellow and strum it, and while holding down yellow, trill blue twice with your second finger. on the second blue note, leave blue down and take your finger off of yellow, you dont need it there any more. then you want to strum blue, hit orange with your 3rd finger, pull off to blue, and hammer on green with index finger.
If you slow it down in practice mode this part becomes easy because its very rythmic. the spaces between the strumming is consistent, and so is the timing between hammer on notes. the only difference is on blue, it will feel like you should hammer orange twice, but you only hammer once and then hammer green where the 2nd orange should be.
hope this helped!!

Fingering: solo 2

1 1212 1212 1212 2321 1212 1212 1212 2322
Pulloffs

thanks Karatechess!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: