ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHII League B - Season 2 Playoffs - FINAL RESULTS!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragondarch  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm...how in the hell did I advance? Did JimiIsGod not submit anything at all?

(in response to Eternal)...and yeah, kind of getting bored with the game for the time being.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eternalidol wrote:
Congrats U-B

Thanks. I was nervous you might have edged my score, and with an FC you probably would have. Having failed to get an FC after many runs, I decided I'd try an SP path based on the assumption I'd miss in the bridge, and I remember thinking at the time, sod's law says I'll actually FC it this time, and what do you know, I did - but of course couldn't then do it again. So I was extremely happy with the FC, but it wasn't a great SP path - but phew ... <wipes brow> ... it was enough
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigE wrote:

good luck empty, i hope you win

Thanks! And good job!

I should point out that getting this score involved me hitting Bridge C on FOUR non-consecutive occasions. There were many times I missed Bridge C, of course, and a number of runs that didn't even get that far (The O before the first chorus was a note I liked to miss a lot, as well as having trouble in the (RB) YYYY(BO) sections. Plus other random misses.).

The first time was actually my re-orient-myself-with-the-song run, where I was like "Holy Christ that's a lot of notes and they're fast oh wow I somehow escaped there with my combo intact. O.o" Thanks to various screwups in the rest of the song, my score was only somewhere in the 14XXXX range.

The second time was a full combo, but like U-B, I was using an SP path that was effectively a plan B if I didn't hit the bridge. Not only that, but I got flustered at actually hitting it that I used said SP at a completely random spot (Plan B is botch the bridge and wait until you rebuild your multiplier to activate SP, which is pretty close to the optimal spot to do it anyway providing you don't have it going during the bridge). The score, as it turned out, would have been good enough to go on (171XXX), but I didn't know that at the time.

The third time, I choked and missed a note during the second chorus. It's a good thing I was the only one home at the time.

I finally nailed everything the fourth time I hit Bridge C, resulting in the score I turned in. Given recent controversy in other leagues, I made sure to take plenty of picture proof of the feat.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The second time was a full combo, but like U-B, I was using an SP path that was effectively a plan B if I didn't hit the bridge.

This is where I was at too. I held off, planning to use it during the verse after the bridge, squeezing what I could. So when I hit the bridge, it threw me. I tried for 2 days to hit the right SP, but naver got Bridge C again.

And for the record, on Them Bones, Solo B can go to hell. Seriously. I dunno why- it's not a hard section- but I've missed a note in it on four runs now that I would have otherwise FC'd. I wouldn't mind the ending (which ironically, I can hit) as much, at least it's less points off the score and I'm not under SP when I miss. >_<

wupun  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little worried about Them Bones.
I can FC it easy enough but I can't strum and whammy at the same time. I think this is the only way to get a good score though.

Edit: Oh yeh, I got into the Top 50 on Hard yesterday. Thought i'd let you know.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger PSN Name: Wupun
TGizz  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I was pretty sure that wasn't going to be good enough. Well played, IA. Best of luck from here on out.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Jerevicious
RiseOfAsh  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wupun wrote:
I'm a little worried about Them Bones.
I can FC it easy enough but I can't strum and whammy at the same time. I think this is the only way to get a good score though.

Edit: Oh yeh, I got into the Top 50 on Hard yesterday. Thought i'd let you know.

Sweet jesus...
Well, this should make for a good match, then.

I'm clearly outmatched, but I also have a tendency to pull of some miraculous playing when the pressure's on, so we'll see if I can't conjure some of that good mojo and do AIC some justice.

Good luck, wupun, even though I'm the one who'll need it.

Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I have a solid but far from spectacular opening score for this. This, to me, is one of those "Easy in theory/difficult in practice" songs. Most of my runs thus far have ended in a restart when my chords during the "AHHHH!" sections just don't register for one reason or another. In the end, I should be able to get a good score, but certainly nothing like my JTF score.

EDIT: Incidentally, it's a good thing that the leagues did away with "Can 5 star Songs of difficulty X" in determining who goes where. It was a good idea, but four weeks of league play have made me realize how LOW a lot of the 5* cutoffs really are.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy.

I had a feeling Bridge C would be the bane of me, but I wish everyone luck.

I enjoyed being part of the league, and I'll definitely be back for next Season.
InsaneAsylum  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't count yourself short TGizz. I only won that by about 1000 points. It was a really close round, I was cursing and annoyed all night, then finally gave in, submitted my score and hoped for the best.
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, for fun, I decided to see how my opponent and I matched up throughout the season, again leaving out Freya OH and Stop Mirror Mode. Roddy beats me in 10 of the 14 songs. Uh oh. :P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and good luck to you too RiseOfAsh.

I think this is gonna be close.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger PSN Name: Wupun
TGizz  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, IA. I guess my SP path wasn't quite correct. I, like Emptyeye, went with the "Plan B" method of SP, since it was pretty much a given I wouldn't hit Bridge C. I only did hit that bridge one time. I -1'ed the bridge 6 times, but I screwed up afterwards on 4 of those runs, grr. I'll play Them Bones a few times, just to see what it would have been like to advance, then I get to go try to tackle CFH some more. Feel the excitement.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Jerevicious
roddy630  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i hate them bones now. i'm finally done with it though and am very pleased with me score. There are still points out there that i missed but i cant play that stupid song anymore. Good luck empty, hopefully for me its good enough.
InsaneAsylum  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the same. I knew right off I needed an alternate path for that activation, and counted notes. I also noted that the first activation was off by two notes, by activating right at two notes early (at the first of two Y-B chords, where the chart shows you activating right afterward) you could squeeze in 800 more points.

I'll give Them Bones a few runs tonight after I get the kids squared away. Not having any weekend time to work on this is going to hurt me somewhat :\ . Oh well, I hope to give J-On a run for his money.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: