ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
What are you Capable of OUTSIDE of Guitar Hero?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simpsonfreak17  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecolonel wrote:
thats easy
outside of guitar hero all i do is rock band.
oh and also i go to score hero.
and eat......and sleep a bit. and thats my day!

lol.
i really like doing every thing outside. swimming, soccer, elephant polo.
oh and in finals for badminton doubles i never lost once , cause im kickass.

i also play drums, guitar(of the real verity) and, french horn. FTW!

*looks at sig*

You do make delicious cake...

Graciously documenting our future retards
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: simpsonfreak17
christiano27  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea for a thread!

Well outside SH I play football (soccer) competetively in the Central Midfield position and I'd like to think that I'm a good player....

I also am not bad at cooking after a year alone at Uni, although my mum probably wouldn't agree with me .

I used to skateboard which I was averagely good at and I'm a fairly decent middle distance runner.

That's all I can think of for the moment but after reading through this thread it just goes to show that we're all not 'losers who can't play real guitar, need to get a life' etc. most of us are just average guys/girls who just have picked up the game faster than the average person!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a decent swimmer, a pretty good bassist, guitarist, and drummer, and I can write pretty well.

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I modify everything in sight, from making custom game controllers, to modding an Atari 2600 into my computer. Don't believe me? Click the My PC link in my sig.

I love to swim, play chess, play smash brothers, play atari, collect games, shoot darts, shoot pool, play football when I can, yo-yo, host guitar hero parties, have a life...

But, mainly, modding things.
Bigern1990  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a Tae Kwon Do instructor.
egraves7  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... well, I play the reeltar, piano, violin, and in the past, have played the accordion and bagpipes. (Yes, really. Don't ask) I also read a hell of a lot, fiction and non.

Oh, and I work for the US Postal Service. (Yes, I work for the guvment. My apologies)

Finally, I'm an amateur astronomer. I have a fairly decent telescope that I use almost every night.

mrhsballa  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well theres the nerdy side of me...
im taking calculus AB as a sophomore
maintain at least a 3.85

and i play sports...
varsity soccer
captain and leading scorer of my club soccer team which is in a regional division now
jv basketball
aau basketball
FC#27(In the Belly of a Shark)

Latest GHWT FC:
FC #7(Rooftops)

MY GH3X ACCOMPLISHMENT THREAD!
Thrice  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm good at 2 things: Sports and Video Games.

I played soccer for 12 years, basketball for 10 years, Tennis for like 3 years, Bowling for like 6 years. I haven't played any sports since I got out of High School though, I miss playing soccer on a team.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a decent cook when I am not too lazy to actually do something I learned from my mom who has been cooking for many years.

I also play Pump it up (Loosely, its DDR with 5 arrows but its so much more than that), and loads of arcade shooters/racers/games pretty well. I am also alright at NFL Blitz 2000 (I started played loooong after this game was popular).

I also have a girlfriend that plays video games and is learning Guitar Hero (she is having trouble going from medium to hard like most people who start). /hax

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside of GH, about all i can do well is hoarde anime + watch the aforementioned japanese brilliance for hours on end.

i got a scholarship to uni too if that counts.... but im probly going to lose it soon coz i cant see myself doing well in the exams *sigh*
NSAeroX  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently picked up reeltar, and can play a few songs quite decently.

Sports I'm Good at: basketball, baseball, and football.
I'm a fairly decent swimmer as well. Does running fast count as a sport? I've done the mile in 5 minutes 50-something seconds.

Other games I play besides GH: MK, SSB, Zelda, CoD, Halo, Mario, Gran-Turismo, and some random older games I have.

There's lots of things I do besides GH, I also get good grades.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beedlebub wrote:
I can recite Pi to 50 decimal places, and am going for 100 by Wednesday(School thing). I want to see how high I can get up to.

-Back in high school, I was able to recite it up to 390 decimal places. Right now (3 years later) I can do about 75.

-I used to be very very good at Minesweeper (still am pretty good) and could beat an expert game in 84 seconds (about 110 seconds now).

-I am a math major at Ramapo College ni the class of 2009, aiming to be a high school math teacher.

-I love rock climbing (can climb a 5.12 for those of you who know anything about it). I can do about 30 pullups on average.

- I used to be very into armwrestling and actually almost went to a competition in the Bronx. I still am very good at it, but don't do it too often due to injury.

- I make online riddles (you can find the thread on this forum for them)

That's about it

(4th riddle now available as of 8/19/09)
Feel free to PM me if you need any help!
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do probably too many things, and am decent at lots of them but not exceptional at any.

Martial Arts: been doing American karate/MMA for 16 years now. I'm an instructor and compete at and judge at tournaments. For tournaments I mostly do weapons (I prefer bo staff and nunchucks but can do kamas and sword), but occasionally I dabble in forms. (Me doing bo staff at a demo)

Pool (Billiards): been playing for four and a half years, and I'm getting to be pretty decent. I play in the local APA pool league in both 8 and 9 ball. I've been to Vegas for the APA National Championships twice, once in 9-Ball in 2004 (team placed 17th out of 256 teams), and once for the Jack and Jill Scotch Doubles championships (again placing 17th out of 256).

Other sports: we have an unusually athletic group of grad students at school right now so we've started joining into recreational and intramural sports leagues. I did flag football in the fall and we start our softball season on Thursday night. I used to play softball in middle and high school, and I'm at least ok at it. Used to play mostly catcher back then, now I'm probably going to be playing second base. I'm a pretty solid hitter.

Other stuff:
-took up scuba diving last summer
-about a year away from earning a PhD
-I write, direct, and occasionally act in plays/skits at church
-I have a semi-photographic memory and also a freaky memory for numbers
-I can draw pretty well
-I've pretty much always got a zombie outbreak survival plan ready

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
ShinobiAC  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ealasaid wrote:
I'm a serious student of Aikido (sankyu, heading towards my nikyu test), which means I'm good at falling on my ass (also at making other people fall on their ass. And I'm getting better at the sword forms, yay). Pix below, from a recent photo shoot at the dojo.

woozerkristen wrote:
Martial Arts: been doing American karate/MMA for 16 years now. I'm an instructor and compete at and judge at tournaments. For tournaments I mostly do weapons (I prefer bo staff and nunchucks but can do kamas and sword), but occasionally I dabble in forms. (Me doing bo staff at a demo)

Note to self: Don't challenge Scorehero women to martial arts combat.

As far as I'm concerned, I can't really do anything impressive now, but at one point I ran. 4:27 mile, 1:58 half mile, 16:58 5k. But those days are long gone <.< Makes me sad.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:

I love the bo-staff Though I'm nowhere near as good as you are with it. I don't do much training with it though.. I'm currently attempting to go for state champion XMA weapons in the ATA taekwondo league. My weapon is the kama because I freakin' love them. They are amazing if you incorporate some flips into the forms with them.
Music is like candy, you throw out the (w)rappers.
People who rap aren't rappers, they're rap-ists, y'know, like art-ists. Which looks suspiciously like the word "rapist".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 5 of 20

Jump to: