ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Obama vs. McCain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jondrody  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sushi111 wrote:
Technically no, but I'd still see you as "the crazy racist guy" and would hardly listen to a word you say.

I misunderstood your original post

sushi111 wrote:
I could buy into what Deak is saying this whole thread until he said gay marriage should not be made legal, then any thought of him making a persuasive argument went out the door.

I thought you had agreed with him up until then.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jondrody wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:
jondrody wrote:
sushi111 wrote:
Not everything, I just hardly can't take anyone who says something like that seriously.

so regardless of the fact that you found his arguments on almost everything else to be compelling, his stance on one issue renders his stand on all others invalid? That's absurd. Maybe I could understand if it were something a bit more obscure, but his stance on gay marriage of all things? One of the issues where the country is most divided? Wow. Just, wow.

If someone supports discrimination based on race, gender, disability or, in this case, sexuality, it's a good sign that they're a bigot... i.e. the sort of person whose views are best taken with a mountain of salt.

So you are calling Deak2112 (and a shitload of other people) a bigot because he does not support the legality of gay marriage?

Yup.

Quote:
While I personally don't see anything wrong with gay marriage, I maintain that if an argument is well-founded, factually accurate and well-supported, it stands independent of its presenters other views.

Possibly, but I'm still not going to take any notice if it's spouted by a demonstrable bigot.

Quote:
*HYPOTHETICAL* if I say I believe in gay marriage but hate black people, does that mean my stance on gay marriage is invalid? */end hypothetical*

It doesn't necessarily make it invalid, it just means I wouldn't really care what you had to say about anything at all. Let's take an example from my own country. Look up the BNP (British National Party) and their policies. There's some there that might be worthwhile. Now, factor in their status as arch racist cunts, and guess how much I take notice of their opinions.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?

Last edited by thecaptainof on Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Josseppe95  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
jondrody wrote:
sushi111 wrote:
Not everything, I just hardly can't take anyone who says something like that seriously.

so regardless of the fact that you found his arguments on almost everything else to be compelling, his stance on one issue renders his stand on all others invalid? That's absurd. Maybe I could understand if it were something a bit more obscure, but his stance on gay marriage of all things? One of the issues where the country is most divided? Wow. Just, wow.

If someone supports discrimination based on race, gender, disability or, in this case, sexuality, it's a good sign that they're a bigot... i.e. the sort of person whose views are best taken with a mountain of salt.

I agree, it's not like you can control yourself being gay. I was honestly taught in Catholic school that being gay is a choice. But there's no way anyonewould actually choose to be gay in this country filled with so much hate and homophobia. And on Sarah Palin wanting to use creationism as a substitute for evolution i say WHAT THE FUCK!!!????
inkjt510  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josseppe95 wrote:

I agree, it's not like you can control yourself being gay. I was honestly taught in Catholic school that being gay is a choice. But there's no way anyonewould actually choose to be gay in this country filled with so much hate and homophobia.

You have a couple choices:
A. show me a source for this statement

or

B. Stop acting like your opinion is fact
Psalm 104:14 : He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man
GH3 Goals: Enlightened Guitarist [ ] 13
FG5*: TTFAF, TWIE
Josseppe95  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inkjt510 wrote:
Josseppe95 wrote:

I agree, it's not like you can control yourself being gay. I was honestly taught in Catholic school that being gay is a choice. But there's no way anyonewould actually choose to be gay in this country filled with so much hate and homophobia.

You have a couple choices:
A. show me a source for this statement

or

B. Stop acting like your opinion is fact

wait, what do you mean acting like my opinon is fact? ANd on source, I don't have any viable one you'd approve, just so many homophobic people i know.
jondrody  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
jondrody wrote:
So you are calling Deak2112 (and a shitload of other people) a bigot because he does not support the legality of gay marriage?

Yup.

Well in that light one could say you are a bigot for accusing people who hold different beliefs than you of being intolerant, couldn't you? Don't just throw labels around, if you are going to call millions of people intolerant back it up with something ffs.
Josseppe95  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jondrody wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:
jondrody wrote:

Yup.

Well in that light one could say you are a bigot for accusing people who hold different beliefs than you of being intolerant, couldn't you? Don't just throw labels around, if you are going to call millions of people intolerant back it up with something ffs.

wow, i actually have to agree with jonrody here.
inkjt510  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josseppe95 wrote:
wait, what do you mean acting like my opinon is fact? ANd on source, I don't have any viable one you'd approve, just so many homophobic people i know.

So if you can't back up your claims, don't say things like "There's no way anyone could choose to be gay." No one knows everyone.

Hell, I choose to be straight, why can't people choose to be gay?
Psalm 104:14 : He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man
Josseppe95  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inkjt510 wrote:
Josseppe95 wrote:

So if you can't back up your claims, don't say things like "There's no way anyone could choose to be gay." No one knows everyone.

I mean, I guess there would be some people out there who just say they're gay, i have no idea why someone would do that though. But, i don't think, if you're attracted to women, you would go and fuck a guy.
jondrody  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inkjt510 wrote:
Josseppe95 wrote:

This really can't be brought up as an issue, there hasn't been sufficient research conducted to know whether or not it is indeed choice or not, although I am inclined to believe that it is not a choice, for one because of the high occurence of depression/suicide rates in homosexuals, showing that there is some sort of difference biologically between homosexuals and heterosexuals.
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josseppe95 wrote:
inkjt510 wrote:
Josseppe95 wrote:

I mean, I guess there would be some people out there who just say they're gay, i have no idea why someone would do that though. But, i don't think, if you're attracted to women, you would go and fuck a guy.

My uncle is gay and married in Canada to his partner (Very nice guy).
He tried dating women before and he just didn't find interest in them much at all. So thats when he came out and started dating men. A few years later, he met his love and well, now they're married happily. Source: My uncle.

He didnt choose to be gay, he just found that out about himself. Like finding out different talents in yourself, some men and women find out other things as well.
inkjt510  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jondrody wrote:

This really can't be brought up as an issue, there hasn't been sufficient research conducted to know whether or not it is indeed choice or not,

Yup, that's what I mean
Josseppe95  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clawmaster2 wrote:
Josseppe95 wrote:
inkjt510 wrote:
Josseppe95 wrote:

My uncle is gay and married in Canada to his partner (Very nice guy).
He tried dating women before and he just didn't find interest in them much at all. So thats when he came out and started dating men. A few years later, he met his love and well, now they're married happily. Source: My uncle.

He didnt choose to be gay, he just found that out about himself. Like finding out different talents in yourself, some men and women find out other things as well.

yeah, you just phrased exactly what i was trying to say.
sushi111  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a strong possibility homosexuality can be genetic, at least in some cases.

The "gay voice" is not a coincidence, but the thing that lead me to believe this is a strong possibility was David Cross on one of his comedy records explaining why he thought homosexuality was genetic. I cant quote it word per word, but it was something about a kid choosing to get beat the shit out of him by a bunch of assholes.
Josseppe95  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sushi111 wrote:
There is a strong possibility homosexuality can be genetic, at least in some cases.

The "gay voice" is not a coincidence, but the thing that lead me to believe this is a strong possibility was David Cross on one of his comedy records explaining why he thought homosexuality was genetic. I cant quote it word per word, but it was something about a kid choosing to get beat the shit out of him by a bunch of assholes.
7\

haha, yeah, i think ive seen that one.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 59 of 61

Jump to: