ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Advice needed: pick scrape distortion?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenwood  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Advice needed: pick scrape distortion? Reply with quote

I'm working on a Radiohead song and the outro consists of a number of measures of pick scrape distortion. I'm trying to figure out how to model something like this in Guitar Hero. It's just one continuous distorted note but there are lots of tone changes. I could do it just as one long 3 or 4 note chord, but that seems kinda boring. Using multiple notes would make sense if you HO-PO from chord to chord, but as strummed notes it doesn't seem to make sense.

I'm wondering what other people have done when the get effects like that? I don't think there's anything quite like it actually in the game that I can use as reference. Hopefully, someone who's done a similar custom song can give me suggestions.

The song is My Iron Lung.
Fangor  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to convert long notes that bend to new pitches into new notes. It doesn't seem too bad to have to pick them, but if you want to go for HOPO's it's gonna get kinda tricky. The HOPO threshold is set per song and cannot be changed during the song (the option is Ticks per Quarter note). At 480 TPQN (which is what all RO songs use) every note faster than an eight note is a HOPO. This means that if you want to make just one section with really long HOPOs you're gonna have to really drop the tempo, so that the notes are closer than an eighth note. Alternatively you can set the TPQN lower for the whole song, and live with alot of extra HOPOs (It's not as bad as it sounds). You can even try combining the two ideas, and lowering the TPQN while lowering the tempo at that one section.
kingofpain  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweeeeet - we could definetly use a Radiohead song! I was seriously thinking about doing "Just"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: