ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Houston we have a problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clack001  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Houston we have a problem Reply with quote

OK....so i just finished tabbing out, editing and tempoing the odyssey by symphony X ( possibly the best song ever written)....all is beautiful with it. Fot those that dont know it is a 23 minute song! ( yeah yeah I know ) The problem is i cannot set the end event in anvil longer than 299999 ms. thats only 11:30 of the song. I need to know how, or what program I can use to set the end event longer. any help would be greatly appreciated

clack
panda.warchief  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, i want that song badly! XD im a symphony x fan, will you release it here?
Anyway, that happened once to me, it had an error message called "invalid time" everytime i tried to increase the end event. I think it has to do something with the other events and the track time. Anyway, you could fix it by taking another .mid with a high end time like, say, Change of Seasons and replace the notes then alter the end event to fit the song. I did it with my song and it worked wonders. Release the song soon plz!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kaiser Panda
clack001  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks panda....
I understand what you mean. I downloaded change of seasons and did replace the notes. The problem I have is, I have no clue how to edit the events to make it the length I need. I am still unable to change the end time line in the event list. It currently has a value of 180000 ms and the time of the event is 1111260...is this the value I need to change? cause I still cannot change the time before past 300000 ms. I see that it can be done but Im just not sure how. and yes I do plan on releasing it. It looks great in ghx....a few minor sync probs but it pulls back in within a bar or 2.. As soon as I get to playtest and tweak it inside the actual game i'll put it up....now if i can just get this end time thingy right
clack001  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I got it....works great in the game....couple of sync issues that im gonna try and correct, then I can release it....

clack
rmaus  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clack001 wrote:
ok I got it....works great in the game....couple of sync issues that im gonna try and correct, then I can release it....

clack

I am eagerly and patiently awaiting the release of this song, it is by far my favorite Symphony X work.

Keep up the good work.
panda.warchief  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it is one of the best songs from Symphony X (Sea of Lies & Candlelight Fantasia plz).

Try to release it soon :P im eagerly waiting for it.

Im just imagining xD losing at the last solo this song will break my guitar, im almost sure of it.

Ill write Candlelight Fantasia, when i finish my current songs!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kaiser Panda
Cygnusx1  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the resolution clack? I'm working on some longer songs and would like to know how you solved this.

Cygnus
clack001  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When changing the end time event in anvil, dont change the top value as it wont let you input any value over 299999. All I did was leave the top value alone and instead changed the lower value. That line let me put in whatever value I wanted and had no problem getting the end event sig to 24 minutes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: