ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
World 7 of Super Mario 3 Club
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: World 7 of Super Mario 3 Club Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
So has anyone actually transversed the entirety of World 7 in Super Mario 3 WITHOUT warping or using that cloud-thingy that allows you to skip over a level?

Also, another related question: Is it possible to beat those levels covered in spikes without P-wings?

Yes I have, and it was on the NES, and it happened in 2004.

Yes it's possible.

Tahmer  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

World 7 isn't so bad. it's the flying tank ship level in World 8 after the grabby hands that makes me wonder of possibility. i mean those jumps are soo huge and quick.
bcruise  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahmer wrote:
World 7 isn't so bad. it's the flying tank ship level in World 8 after the grabby hands that makes me wonder of possibility. i mean those jumps are soo huge and quick.

I dunno....I find the whole of World 8 to be easier than 7. Maybe that's because I played those levels so many times more (given that even if you use the 2 whistles in W1, you still have to go through all of 8)

The mini airships one is the toughest of that world, but I got to where I could pull that off without giving up too many lives, even without P-Wings. Of course, if I tried it now I'd never get through it.
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bcruise wrote:
Tahmer wrote:

I dunno....I find the whole of World 8 to be easier than 7. Maybe that's because I played those levels so many times more (given that even if you use the 2 whistles in W1, you still have to go through all of 8)

The mini airships one is the toughest of that world, but I got to where I could pull that off without giving up too many lives, even without P-Wings. Of course, if I tried it now I'd never get through it.

You know, I actually thought the first official numbered level of World 8 was most difficult. At the end you had to bounce off that music note block over that huge gap to the top of a pipe. I could never time pressing the A button on that music note block quite right, so I never jumped high enough, and would fly into that damned pit about 800 times before I finally got it right. I hate that stupid part.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
socrstopr  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man this thread wins, and i'm in as well. i went through and beat the entire game, level by level, including ones you didn't need to play, last semester, lotta good memories came back there. i like playing for speed better though

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

socrstopr wrote:
i went through and beat the entire game, level by level, including ones you didn't need to play

About how long did it take you to beat it that way?

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
socrstopr  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
socrstopr wrote:
i went through and beat the entire game, level by level, including ones you didn't need to play

About how long did it take you to beat it that way?

i think it was a couple hours, but i can't remember too well... i was very bored that saturday though

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARRGH....I decided to go back and play SMB3 again (without warping or skipping levels) and it was smooth sailing until World 5 and that damn Para-Beetle stage. I blew every one of the 20 or so lives I had built up (I didn't do the infinite 1-up thing in 1-2) and game over'd.

Man, I forgot how hard this game can be. If I'm having that much trouble on 5, I might never beat 7 again.
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I love how I think my 10-year-old self could beat the present me at certain games. Did we all get worse at games, or did games just get easier?

DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NES games weren't games. They were things that were so fuckingly hard that it was more of a test to see how much pain and anger we could tolerate before we threw our consoles out of the window and pissed on them.

Look at the Ninja Gaiden and Castlevania games.

They weren't games. Just pains in the ass...

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevilMayAsian wrote:
NES games weren't games. They were things that were so fuckingly hard that it was more of a test to see how much pain and anger we could tolerate before we threw our consoles out of the window and pissed on them.

Look at the Ninja Gaiden and Castlevania games.

They weren't games. Just pains in the ass...

That is true. Prime example: Legend of Zelda 2

bcruise  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:

Another: Battletoads. Good lord, I couldn't get past the 4th stage (the one after speeder bike hell) without the extra lives code. In fact, I could barely beat the game WITH that code.
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's yet another:

How about the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game?

Now THAT was hard!

EDIT: What the hell? I feel like an old person on the front porch sitting in a rocking chair talking about ancient times.

::old, crotchedy voice:: "When I was your age, we had to BLOW into our games and systems to get'em to work. And when they didn't...we PRAYED to the Gods for an hour at most. Otherwise, we used Q-tips and other such contraptions to get 'em to work. And you can forget about save points!!! I remember way back then when games were hard...sometimes possibly unbeatable...and if you didn't bring your A-game that day...well you might as well come back to play another day. Sometimes we even started with only 3 lives in a game that would take HOURS to complete!...." ::old-person babbling::

catfish7  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bcruise wrote:
JHetfield0816 wrote:

Another: Battletoads. Good lord, I couldn't get past the 4th stage (the one after speeder bike hell) without the extra lives code. In fact, I could barely beat the game WITH that code.
Holy hell dude you aren't lying. Battletoads was so ungodly hard. The first two levels were great, but from then on it was hell.

Another one that killed me was Marble Madness, I nearly killed myself in the later levels of that game.
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, the first TMNT game is fucking good, but hard as balls. I tried to replay that game and finish it months ago, but when I got to the Technodrome level...I remembered why I never finished it. TMNT 2 and 3, I got to beat, but dude....the first game, as good as it is, is sooooo wrong.

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: