SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
On Tour - Extracting Charts Tutorial Up
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rnsst  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulation, excellent work
Because I'm trying, but I'm not having success. The Guitar Hero ON Tour Decades is better because don't have to use the GOB extractor. It already have the files separated (img: http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?image=89097534kj4.jpg ). I tried to convert the files to chart but appear an error (img: http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=64807697ro5.jpg ) it's driving me crazy.
And also have the problem with the "hwas".
Any suggest?
SentoKaiba  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything new happening on this or is it dead in the water?

If you have the OTD Rom and a OT Card in a DS, can't you use the WiFi signal from your pc/mac to send a song over since you can do that with regular cards and 2 DS's?

I have OT, and want only a few songs from OTD.

My own GH 1/2/3/WT Thread

My RB Thread
TSorbera  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SentoKaiba wrote:
If you have the OTD Rom and a OT Card in a DS, can't you use the WiFi signal from your pc/mac to send a song over since you can do that with regular cards and 2 DS's?

I have OT, and want only a few songs from OTD.
Theoretically that ought to be possible, I suppose. Want to figure out how to make it work? I'd love you to!
GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) - for all your GH3 PC needs*
*not quite all needs, but for custom songs, custom game images, black background speed boost, and more
mariosonic  

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i downloaded the gob and it didnt give the file,..only the program
KysarKills  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys im back....If there is anything i have missed please tell me and ill update the OP.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im guessing there is no further progress on OTD ?
tma  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legwon wrote:
im guessing there is no further progress on OTD ?

Nope. As far as I can tell, it's encrypted, and I haven't worked out how to decrypt it. I also haven't looked at it for ages, due to lack of interest. Sorry.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megabump. That converter is no longer available anywhere. Would somebody like to provide it to me for RawkSD-related purposes?
codemann8  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to beat a dead horse but I was looking at Decades/Modern Hits files again today just to see if I could find anything else. I did notice something that might help. I opened SomeMightSay bass expert gems and SomeMightSay bass hard gems to compare them. Of these two files, the first 291 bytes are identical (except for the first couple of bytes which are expected to be different on a per file basis, ie file size and such). Looking at more SomeMightSay files, not many of them share similarities like this expect for guitar hard and guitar expert, which share the same first 125 bytes. I don't expect much to come out of this find but may lead to more information as to when the encryption starts.

Another thing I noticed is certain similarities in the last 16 bytes or so in each file. These areas should also be excluded from the encryption calculation. But I cannot find any specific pattern yet though I know one exists. I also noticed that most often the file ends with 0x7D0E3008 but some other files end in 0x7D0E30080000 which tells me that the data stored in the file is not within the standard word boundaries (usually 4 bytes, not the case here). From this I would assume the last 2 bytes (0x0000) should just be ignored as these probably exist because the DS probably can only read in increments of 4-bytes.

I'm not optimistic to think this will bring light to anything but maybe might stir up thoughts in other people.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
feling  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to follow your tutorial and didn't get in half why ungob isn't current. It has how to do it publish GH OT Decades? I wanted to do a exclusive GH OT. Please, answer me.
codemann8  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made a major breakthrough on the Decades charts...I've successfully been able to extract the DirtyLittleSecret expert guitar chart...Its a bear to find but I did it...at first I didn't even use the encrypted file, but...well, maybe I should explain how I did it first...

Well, I figured we weren't going to figure out how to decrypt the files just by looking at it...so I began thinking, if only we could actually run thru and debug the process of decrypting it during runtime...I began looking into DS emulators, more specifically, ones that have good debugging tools...I ran into one called DeSmuME...I ran the nds file and it said I needed to plug in the guitar hero controller thing, I played with the options and I saw that someone had already programmed in the possibility of "faking" a GH controller...so now I could get into the game...so I then picked a song and began playing...before the fretboard came up I paused and dumped the memory into a binary file...I then searched the file for "00 00 00 00 10 01", a common sequence found in a decrypted gems file (QGM)...voila, one of the instances was in the decrypted file somewhere in the entire memory dump...looking further in the memory dump I also found that the majority of the dump was in this format:
4 bytes - The length of the next section (x bytes)
x bytes - The section

...and it repeats like that, I've been trying to work my way backward until I find the beginning of the structure that it is in but I feel it is ridiculously large to do by hand...so I gave up...but I still found the entire decrypted note file...so after I saved off a copy of the decrypted note file, I noticed that its filesize is the same as the 4 byte integer at 0x9 in the encrypted file...so the 2byte short at 0x5 is the compressed filesize, and the 4byte integer at 0x9 is the uncompressed filesize, and im guessing the 2byte short at 0x7 is indicating the max chunk size in which the file was compressed (just a guess)

so...with that understanding, I found that if you search the memory dump for the 4byte integer of the uncompressed filesize, and eliminate the instances that are at offsets not divisible by 4, should have narrowed it down to 1 instance (could possibly be more, but the chances are low)

Doing all this work manually will work but will take a long time to get all of these (having to emulate it and pause and do a memory dump 8 times per song, 4 for guitar, 4 for bass)...which I'm not going to do...but not sure if there is a systemic way of doing this.

An example of DirtyLittleSecret Expert Guitar can be found at
ftp.codemann8.com
User: shared@codemann8.com
Pass: 12345

Last edited by codemann8 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. Would hope someone will pick this up; GH isn't dying any more than it already is and GH DS needs more love. Maybe send it over to GBATemp? I know there were a few good research threads there.
codemann8  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
Very nice. Would hope someone will pick this up; GH isn't dying any more than it already is and GH DS needs more love. Maybe send it over to GBATemp? I know there were a few good research threads there.

I'll look into, it could be possible someone could actually see what compression method is being used as well...hopeful thinking

But I also thought this method might work on DJHero...although, we have no idea what an example of plaintext looks like, so it would be difficult

ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
ComicBookGuru wrote:

I'll look into, it could be possible someone could actually see what compression method is being used as well...hopeful thinking

But I also thought this method might work on DJHero...although, we have no idea what an example of plaintext looks like, so it would be difficult

Oh yeah, regarding DJH: I haven't had time to redump the game, I apologize.
codemann8  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
Oh yeah, regarding DJH: I haven't had time to redump the game, I apologize.

Not a problem, just do it sometime...I have a webfront for FTP to make it easier, here.

AND...I have great news, the mystery has been solved. The compression algorithm on the QGM files is standard LZ 0x10 compression, but it has to ignore the first 8 bytes, which is probably why no one was able to figure out what type it is. The guys over at GBATemp helped me out tons. I will run this tonight and get the files over to ajanata to make chart images for GHOTD, GHOTMH, and BH.

With that said, and the compression method known...customs should be possible since there is no GOBing needed on GHOTD and the DS games after.

I just have one thing to ask...WHO WANTS SOME CUSTOMS!!??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: