Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Score Hero 2 ????
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
quackadilly  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Score Hero 2 ???? Reply with quote

Just curious.....

Will it be added on to this site or will there be a completely new site?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it will just branch off this site like how ddrhometracker pretty much just added the new songs and mixes as they came out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maximus is right. When GH2 is released, it will be integrated into this site. However, a lot of decisions wil need to be made about how to handle the overall difficulty rankings, and how I'll incorporate the new multiplayer co-op mode.

If anyone wants to think about this, let me know your ideas. I'll want to have everything planned and coding done before the game is released so that all I'll need to do is enter the new song data and we'll have GH2 rankings hopefully within the first day of its release.

(Moved to Website Discussion)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few ideas....

1. Do it the brute force way:
have each combination for each difficulty.
(that would suck and would be huge and complcated)

2. If the scores for multi-player-career are separated for each player, you can post individual scores for each player and the best combination(excluding duplicate tracks) would be your high score.
(since star power and combos are linked between both players, one can't just play it twice with someone not as good and get 2 really good scores by switching instruments)

3. Just like it is now, but you post what instrument combination you used, like you do for your note streak or # of stars.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I mean, it will be difficult to predict what the game is going to give you. I don't know what the score sheet is going to look like after a co-op game is played so it might not even give each difficulty for each side but I hope they have it in there.

With the new game they said that you could match any difficulty with any difficulty in multiplayer or co-op so I have no idea how you would want to put that.

That entails the following combinations:

Easy,Easy
Easy,Medium
Easy,Hard
Easy,Expert

Medium,Easy
Medium,Medium
Medium,Hard
Medium,Expert

Hard,Easy
Hard,Medium
Hard,Hard
Hard,Expert

Expert,Easy
Expert,Medium
Expert,Hard
Expert,Expert

So for the insert score on co-op I don't know if you would want to have a drop down menu where you choose the difficulty for each side with a single page of co-op or if you want to split up the co-op into 16 pages per song per difficulty match up.

It just seems like alot of work for ~60 songs but I guess that would be fair because you wouldn't want Easy,Easy's in the same top score column as Expert,Expert.

What I would say is maybe just put them all on the same page but different spreadsheets for each and maybe show the top 10 or 20 and click at the bottom to view the full list. I don't know it is difficult to expain.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by 'handle overall difficulty'? I can see that being an issue for the multiplayer co-op...

Are there decisions that need to be made for just single player other than add all the new songs to the current list?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there could be an extra field in which you list your difficulty that you were playing on. in GH2, there is a combined score, so i guess you could mix them all together. but even that might create conflict, because people with a really good expert/expert combo will usually get more points than a hard/hard group because of more notes. unless the hard/hard duo was JCirri/Echelar a.k.a. the master star power strategists.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
What do you mean by 'handle overall difficulty'? I can see that being an issue for the multiplayer co-op...

Are there decisions that need to be made for just single player other than add all the new songs to the current list?

What I meant was deciding if the overall difficulty rankings should be separated by game (i.e. two seperate Expert rankings), or if I should add all scores from both games, or if I should do both and show seperate and combined rankings.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that they should be separated. if one really good expert player, say krimsunmunkeys for example, doesn't have the money or somethingto buy GH2, then he would just be watching my score go up while his would stay the same. but, we both know that both of us will get the game, so that was just hypothetically.

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:
i think that they should be separated. if one really good expert player, say krimsunmunkeys for example, doesn't have the money or somethingto buy GH2, then he would just be watching my score go up while his would stay the same. but, we both know that both of us will get the game, so that was just hypothetically.

Oh, I pressed the quote button before I saw the word "hypothetically". I thought that I would have to reassure you that I am getting GH2.

Anyway, that is a good idea to support the people who can only get one game.

Actually, if it isn't too much work, I would like to see an overall rank for GH/GH2, but still individual rankings for the separate games.
ES942  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no matter what happens with the site, i think that JCirri has done a great job with it. i would have stopped playing a long time ago had this site not been created.

i dont know if any of the GH2 stuff will increase the cost required to keep the site running, but here is an idea.

Maximus DM's idea is good for sorting the co-op scores into categories like that. but in the submit scores screen, (if there is a way to do this, i dont know), you should be able to choose the difficulty for each part, enter in the score, rating, %, note streak etc., and then the score would automatically be sorted into its rightful category. There could be team names, and team members listed below or something like that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:
no matter what happens with the site, i think that JCirri has done a great job with it. i would have stopped playing a long time ago had this site not been created.

i dont know if any of the GH2 stuff will increase the cost required to keep the site running, but here is an idea.

Maximus DM's idea is good for sorting the co-op scores into categories like that. but in the submit scores screen, (if there is a way to do this, i dont know), you should be able to choose the difficulty for each part, enter in the score, rating, %, note streak etc., and then the score would automatically be sorted into its rightful category. There could be team names, and team members listed below or something like that.

that's a lot of work for JCirri, i think he works his butt off just keeping this site the way it is...i think we should add it to the original song list. I don't really like the Co-op mode thing, since it limits us to certain difficulties (I only know one friend who has this game and he doesn't play it that often, he's always playing KH2 or Phantom Brave over and over again). Just my opinion...
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About submitting for co-op, I don't know how you want to put who is submitting because there are actually 2 people playing so I don't know if you would have the ability to log 2 people in the site at once to verify that both people are who they say they are and they are both submitting as a team.

I was thinking that would be a better idea than having a friends list or something on the site. I don't know if you are familiar with Newgrounds.com or how they have it set up for flash submission. You can send a friend invite to a person to have their name tied into yours when you submit it and you click a check next to their name and it will be listed under author's. The flaw to this is that there is no real way to verify if the person had any involvement at all. So that is why I am in favor of the first option.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually MaximusDM if you want to do all the combinations:

E=easy
M=medium
H=hard
X=expert

L=lead guitar
R=rhythm guitar
B=Bass

you get this:

E L - E R
E L - E B
E R - E B
E L - M R
E L - M B
E R - M L
E R - M B
E B - M L
E B - M R
E L - H R
E L - H B
E R - H L

NEVER MIND.....I don't want to wast that much space.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaximusDM wrote:
About submitting for co-op, I don't know how you want to put who is submitting because there are actually 2 people playing so I don't know if you would have the ability to log 2 people in the site at once to verify that both people are who they say they are and they are both submitting as a team.

I was thinking that would be a better idea than having a friends list or something on the site. I don't know if you are familiar with Newgrounds.com or how they have it set up for flash submission. You can send a friend invite to a person to have their name tied into yours when you submit it and you click a check next to their name and it will be listed under author's. The flaw to this is that there is no real way to verify if the person had any involvement at all. So that is why I am in favor of the first option.

I was thinking along the lines of registering partners as a team (one user might register multiple different partners) and the partner must accept the request. Each team would then be able to submit co-op scores (either person on the team may login to do this). But as far as handling all the combinations of difficulties and parts (lead/bass/rhythm) and ranking each one fairly without making it complicated, I dont know what to do.

shutendoji wrote:
that's a lot of work for JCirri, i think he works his butt off just keeping this site the way it is...i think we should add it to the original song list. I don't really like the Co-op mode thing, since it limits us to certain difficulties. Just my opinion...

At this pont, this is the most logical option I've heard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: