ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero (1-3) - Downward/Upward Compatible?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cynaes  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Guitar Hero (1-3) - Downward/Upward Compatible? Reply with quote

Hello everyone

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but a quick search yielded alot of threads that didn't seem to answer my question.

My friend bought me a PS2 (because of Singstar *cough*), but as soon as I got it I thought about buying Guitar Hero. I usually play on PC (and I would never have bought a console just for one game myself), so I didn't follow the development very closely (usually just through occasional strips from Woody at gucomics.com). Anyway, I wonder if it's possible to buy GH3 (bundled with the wireless guitar), and later buy GH1 and/or GH2 (again bundled with a guitar), and then play all parts in (offline, it's a PS2) multiplayer. In other words, does the GH3 guitar work with GH2 and 1 - and vice versa? Because I really like the sound of a wireless controller, but I actually prefer the playlist of GH2. So I'll probably eventually end up buying both - if I know that I can play in multiplayer.

Thanks for your help
Velocity92C  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All GH guitars bundled with the GH games for PS2 will be compatible with eachother. Also, welcome to SH!

Things that suck : Christianity, metal music, iPhones, Twitter, WoW, anime, 9/11 conspiracies and most of all, censorship.
Cynaes  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, perfect.

Thank you very much for the clarification/confirmation

Guess it's time to place an order ^^
Velocity92C  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cynaes wrote:
Ah, perfect.

No problem, and just to let you know, in my (and most others') opinions the guitar bundled with GH1 or GH2 for PS2 (the SG) is the best guitar on any console for any game. So if you can snag a GH1 or GH2 bundle I'd just stick with that guitar. The guitar that comes with GH3 for PS2 (Kramer) is kind of crappy, the SG is far superior. I'd avoid the Kramer at all costs if I were you. <_<

Things that suck : Christianity, metal music, iPhones, Twitter, WoW, anime, 9/11 conspiracies and most of all, censorship.
ThunderPower  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The very first black SG guitars that were bundled with GH1 won't work for GH3, but I doubt you'll get one of those.
Gotsmack  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Velocity92C wrote:
Cynaes wrote:
Ah, perfect.

No problem, and just to let you know, in my (and most others') opinions the guitar bundled with GH1 or GH2 for PS2 (the SG) is the best guitar on any console for any game. So if you can snag a GH1 or GH2 bundle I'd just stick with that guitar. The guitar that comes with GH3 for PS2 (Kramer) is kind of crappy, the SG is far superior. I'd avoid the Kramer at all costs if I were you. <_<

This, or if you must have wireless, buy the RO Wireless. Its still not as good as the SG, but much better than the Kramer.
BriGuy  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderPower wrote:
The very first black SG guitars that were bundled with GH1 won't work for GH3, but I doubt you'll get one of those.

Yes it does. I've done it myself. For all other guitar compatability questions, check the stickied guide.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BriGuy wrote:
ThunderPower wrote:

Yes it does. I've done it myself. For all other guitar compatability questions, check the stickied guide.
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52944

Maybe the thread should be updated then, if that's the case. It says the Original 1st-gen black SG doesn't work with GH3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: