Yes
62%
 62%  [ 15 ]
No
37%
 37%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 24

shutendoji  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: for those who believe, or wannabe's Reply with quote

does any one here believe in extraterrestrial life? Just out of curiosity (i've just finished watching the X-Files Mr. Green )
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but X-Files has nothing to contribute to that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaximusDM wrote:
Yeah, but X-Files has nothing to contribute to that.

i know that...it's complete fiction...but the question just crossed my mind while i was watching it...
CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hard question, i just dont really know
AskewedOne  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the ginormous (I'm making up words again, go me!) size of the universe as a whole, I personally find it impossible to believe that this ONE planet circling around this ONE star managed to form life of some sort or another. As far as how intelligent said other life forms may be, it's up in the air. If you're asking if I at least believe that there is life somewhere in the universe besides here, the answer is a resounding yes. If you're asking if I think that somewhere they've already come across and developed an advanced form of interstellar travel, yes I do. If you ask me if I think we've ever actually been visited by said other life forms, I'm still a touch skeptical on that.
Genga  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be like Askewed and post a big thing like that, but in these days im lazy, so to keep it short...Yes Mr. Green
Matt  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well are you talking about intelligent life, or any life? Because I wouldn't be surprised at all to find simple single celled organisms on Mars.
Hellion42  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AskewedOne wrote:
Considering the ginormous (I'm making up words again, go me!) size of the universe as a whole, I personally find it impossible to believe that this ONE planet circling around this ONE star managed to form life of some sort or another. As far as how intelligent said other life forms may be, it's up in the air. If you're asking if I at least believe that there is life somewhere in the universe besides here, the answer is a resounding yes. If you're asking if I think that somewhere they've already come across and developed an advanced form of interstellar travel, yes I do. If you ask me if I think we've ever actually been visited by said other life forms, I'm still a touch skeptical on that.
Well said.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
Well are you talking about intelligent life, or any life? Because I wouldn't be surprised at all to find simple single celled organisms on Mars.

will they have chocolate there called "Earth"? Mr. Green
Hellion42  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genga wrote:
Matt wrote:

will they have chocolate there called "Earth"? Mr. Green

Absolutely. And of course, it will be loaded with nuts.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha! I love your 'motes
shutendoji  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt wrote:

matt...you think too much...
Anthony  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course. The universe is just so huge the chances of us being the only life in the universe is trillions to one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shutendoji wrote:
Matt wrote:

matt...you think too much...

Well, they've found methane and frozen water on Mars which hints that it is/once was capable of hosting life.

As far as life in other parts of the Universe... they probably exist although we may never know for sure. It's known that the Universe is expanding at an accelerating rate, and that at some distance from the middle of the Universe, it's supposedly expanding at the speed of light. So the major collection of bodies are being spread further and further apart all the time which makes me feel that we will probably never be able to make contact with any other intelligent beings even if they exist. (Why yes, I do enjoy physics...)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trofl wrote:
(Why yes, I do enjoy physics...)

I enjoy it too, I took many courses in physics and was thinking about minoring in it.

I'm trying to figure out what the equation in your avatar is. I see 'T' seems to be the temperature for some non ideal system (since Tf/pf = Ti/pi for ideal gas). R is the constant from nRT, cp is heat capacity at constant pressure. It looks to be an equation for some system changing in pressure and tempature, non-ideal, and directly tied in with heat gain/loss, but you can tell me for sure...

Back on topic, I agree with the notion that life exists in some form but we'll likely not come in contact with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: