ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Help with custom song band & audio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kizzav  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Help with custom song band & audio Reply with quote

Hi, i have just recently caught onto modding Guitar Hero songs etc & the first song ive made is Coldplay - Talk. Its taken me 2 entire days to have a pretty well synced, working custom song. A problem I have is, how do I have the band (eg: drummer, bass, vocalist etc) play all at once? Also, ive noticed that if i play particular parts of the song, when you miss a note or something, it sounds really s***, like part of the sound in the song has dropped out. Whats going on there?
Fangor  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Help with custom song band & audio Reply with quote

The song sounding like shit is due to how you injected the mp3 into the vgs (which means the there is nothing wrong with the mid). Basically you have 3 options if you don't want to mess with creating new mp3s:

1. map the mp3 to only guitar - This results in the entire song dropping out whenever you miss a note.

2. map the mp3 to only band - You will get no feedback when you miss a note (the song just plays as normal).

3. map the mp3 to both band and guitar (and bass) - This is the preferred method of most ppl, basically if you ever whammy during the song it will sound like ass. But compared to option 1, it's easier to not whammy than to not miss notes.

As for the band playing, I haven't fully figured it out myself (I was hoping someone else would answer). The idea is that you have to create tracks for each band member like: BAND DRUM , BAND BASS, BAND KEYS, BAND SINGER

You can write out their parts as a combination of the correct notes for each track and events(see the midi encylopedia sticky for more details). What I haven't figured out is how to get the damn band members to appear on stage or in the case of the drummer, to actually play the part I wrote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: