ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Something to Try

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cliff  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Something to Try Reply with quote

So I was messing around yesterday, and needed something to cheer me up from the discovery that my whammy bar stopped snapping back to its original position (any remedy for this?), and tried 3-finger-fretting a song. This prompted me to try it out with one finger (index) sliding up and down the neck of the controller as you would play a legitimate guitar. Although it knocked my Thunder Kiss score down about 40%, I'll admit it was pretty awesome. Give it a try, and tell me what you think.
Echelar  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Something to Try Reply with quote

Cliff wrote:
So I was messing around yesterday, and needed something to cheer me up from the discovery that my whammy bar stopped snapping back to its original position (any remedy for this?), and tried 3-finger-fretting a song. This prompted me to try it out with one finger (index) sliding up and down the neck of the controller as you would play a legitimate guitar. Although it knocked my Thunder Kiss score down about 40%, I'll admit it was pretty awesome. Give it a try, and tell me what you think.

For the whammy bar, mine did that too.. I opened it up and jury-rigged a rubber band / elastic device to make it work again. For most people, the spring died or popped out, but for me, the spring was fine.. but the assembly connecting it to the whammy bar was sheared off.. and no amount of glue/cement/industrial-adhesive-that-never-comes-unstuck-guaranteed would get it to stay back on.

Edit: 95% on hard with one finger for every non-chord.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Echelar, I'll give that a try.

Edit: As it turns out, the problem has nothing to do with the spring. It seems that there is a small piece of plastic connecting the whammy device to the piece that works the spring, and that connector has broken in half. Now begins my quest for a decent adhesive! I'm thinking epoxy.
bestguitarhero  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to fix the whammy bar thing you will have to open the guitar and super glue the little piece that is broken. i literally just fixed that problem on my guitar since my friend broke it! i was pissed!
Cliff  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bestguitarhero wrote:
to fix the whammy bar thing you will have to open the guitar and super glue the little piece that is broken. i literally just fixed that problem on my guitar since my friend broke it! i was pissed!

So that worked? How long ago did you fix it? I just wanna make sure it'll stay for a decent period of time.
GibsonGuy100  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Whammying Reply with quote

My whammy bar broke to it went out of it's sockets but all i had to do was pop it back into place. Mr. Green
UltraPants  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That one finger fretting thing (for non-chords) is actually really fun on that song, lol. I got 92% on Expert first time through.

As for the whammies, be gentle =(. After all, you only need to use them for SP, otherwise they're useless (except for having fun with the sound), and it doesn't matter how fast you whammy on the SP notes; as long as the streak is the glowing bluish color and your SP meter is sparking, you're getting the bonus SP. ;)
rgalginaitis  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To fix the whammy bar all you need is a rubber band. Attach the rubber band around the whammy bar and where the neck strap is connected to the guitar. It looks trashy, but it works!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: