ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH Learning Curve..?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've over doubled my score on cowboys from the first time i passed it. my first time i beat it i was at about 91k or so, now i'm at 190k. i still don't have the main riff right, but once i get it, the five will be easy.
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
The learning curve for me was pretty quick. My friend showed me the game and within 2-3 weeks I had passed everything on Expert.

Even though I'm in the top 20 and everything, it took me WAY longer to get as good as I am now. It took over a month to beat medium and hard, then about another month to beat Expert. From there I actually bought the game {previously I was borrowing it from a friend} and proceeded to 5-star everything. That took about a month and a half and I was content with myself. I had no coordination whatsoever, since the first time I played I failed ILR&R 4 times in a row on Easy! My dexterity was nil so I played constantly, until I 5-starred everything in the game.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: How Did We Do It? Reply with quote

Personally I picked up this game quickly. I've always been into and I have an ear for music. Having an ear for music is one thing that helped me progress because it allowes you to 1.Keep better rythem in the song meaning you will hit more notes and 2. When you see a big strand of notes comming up you have the pattern already playing out in your head so you know what to expect.

I started playing this game in HARD mode because I found it to be way to easy on Easy and Medium.

SUGGESTIONS: I would reccomend for those starting out to learn the first 4 buttons first. I call it "First Position" The G R Y and B. Don't switch hand positions and finger positions use all 4!!!!!!! of yours fingers!! including the pinky which is difficult for some. If you play a song that uses just the the first four fret buttons the G R Y and B THERE IS NO NEED TO MOVE YOUR HAND AT ALL. The hardest chord for begginners is that R B. Practice using your MIDDLE for RED and PINKY for BLUE. It may seem awkward but if you don't learn the hell out of the fingering for that chord, latr songs will have you DYING!!! So for those of you starting out learn that first.

Once you have the first 4 fret buttons down and feel content with the fingerings, introduce the ORANGE fret.Which I call "Second Position" The RYBO. At first it may be intimidating but if you practice it will come naturally. Practice switching hand positions when introducing the ORANGE fret. Go from the G R Y B....To R Y B O...if you have First Position down in then sliding your four fingers up to Second postion should be a breaze. I admit learning Second position is difficult at first and will take time. Practice keeping your hand in Second position which is R Y B O and take it slow. You will have to relearn the R Y and B frets because it wont be comfortable to you any longer.

Anyways I gotta go play poker. Hopefully what I wrote made sense haha.. Latr guys good luck.
Suitata  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catfish7 wrote:
No One Knows is a great song. Once you get the hang of it, it'll become one of your favorite songs to play. The first time you play it, you'll be freaking out trying to nail the strange strum patterns, but once you get it, you'll feel like a stud when you 99-100% it.

Right on.
JRyder  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learning curve for me was breezing through each difficulty's songs, but from Medium on up I always got jammed on the trio of Ace of Spades, No One Knows and Crossroads, and then after that Godzilla/Texas Flood/Frankenstein are a breeze leading up to CFH/BATM which I work on for a short time.

As far as ***** the songs go, on Medium the last song I 5* was Decontrol, and I'm still working on the Hard songs. Fairly sure that Texas Flood is going to be the last one that I get 5* due to the consistent combo breaking that occurs in that very note-light song. I'm even getting better at the Breaking Wheel, a song I usually do very, very poorly at.

silentlassassin  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quackadilly wrote:

Texas Flood still kills me

Glad I'm not the only one.

My learning curve... I was on expert the second day I played.. I played 7 hours straight doing medium over and over again... and then the next day, I played iron man one expert until I beat it. -4 hours later - I did.. and I then noticed the tutorial.. which i never saw before.. so I checked that out.. learned about hammer ons and pull offs were available (sweet) and then .. I just played expert up until now -lotta months- and.. I am at 45/47 5 star -not motivated enough to get breaking wheel to 5 yet- and it has taken me.. over 4 months to do it. Lotttta time invovled...

For example. I spent 10 hours in one day five staring cowboys from hell.. 2 hours was the intro hammer on and pull off... Enjoy that
GibsonGuy100  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: GH Reply with quote

It didn't take me long just a couple of weeks then i could Hard songs two weeks later: Then i was strumming Expert song like mad.
DrOid  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the game in February. I beat my first hard song in march, and beat BatM expert in middle April. As of today I have 5 songs left to 5-star on expert.

___GOALS____

50 Expert FCs - (46)
Top 5 XBL - (5th!)
350k Jordan expert - (320k)

Currently Trying to FC - Search & Destroy
UltraPants  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first couple times I played were with some friends at one of their places (I didn't get the game myself until about 4-5 weeks ago). After about... the first times playing multiplayer on Medium (2 or 3 songs) I moved up to hard, and ended up beng able to pass and 4* Crossroads on Expert the 5th time I sat down to play the game somewhere else.

Texas Flood took me a couple of days to 5* (Don't hurt me =X), but I still get creamed by BatM, CfH, and TBW. They're the only ones left for me to 5* on Expert, sadly.

So I'd say my learning curve to being able to successfully play and complete Expert songs formiddably was... 10-15 songs in Career/Quick Play mode?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: