ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Can someone give a detailed explanation of the spreadsheet?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RX7InfinitiIII  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Can someone give a detailed explanation of the spreadsheet? Reply with quote

*noob alert*

I downloaded the spreadsheet fine, but it's rather more complicated than I expected. Could someone please lead me through how to edit it correctly to show my high scores in the correct format for uploading to this site? Thanks in advance.

RX7
OtherBill  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't want to use the spreadsheet, you can just submit scores one at a time through the web interface. That might be easier if you haven't filled out the spreadsheet already.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.jimgovoni.com/scorehero/shspreadsheetinstructions.html
RX7InfinitiIII  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, cinder =)

And I would put in the scores directly on this site, but I want to have them for myself as well for when I don't have access to the net.
cinder  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly.
discgolferpro  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 0.8 of Score Hero is coming out this weekend (I hope). Look for it here (somewhere) and at http://gamesource.groups.yahoo.com/group/ScoreHero/ soon.

I got sick of checking back and forth between the Career and QuickPlay sheets to see my highest scores. I've implemented dynamic comments that will highlight on the QuickPlay tab if any of your Career scores are higher than your Super-Duper-Bestest-Of-All-Time scores in QuickPlay.

All I have left to figure out is how to port the OO API functionality over to M$ VBA macros. Hopefully it won't take too long.

Joe, I've kept the same layout for the data area so you won't have to change anything in your Import process.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good.

I'll keep an eye on the Yahoo group for the release and test the import to make sure it works. If everything is ok, I'll update the link and make it available here.

At some point I'd also like to implement an export feature where you can export your online scores into the spreadsheet but there's still many other things I want to finish first, and sadly all this homework isn't letting me get to it..

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: It may be too late... Reply with quote

...but I'd like to see completion percentage and note count implemented into the spreadsheet. It's such a great tool to enter scores quickly and then upload, but I miss the completion percentage quite a bit. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: It may be too late... Reply with quote

jredit wrote:
...but I'd like to see completion percentage and note count implemented into the spreadsheet. It's such a great tool to enter scores quickly and then upload, but I miss the completion percentage quite a bit. Thanks.

I can appreciate that this would be useful but I must preserve the structure of the current version. Some folks probably have a ton of data in their 0.7 version that needs to be brought into 0.8 without entering everything from scratch.

I'm going to think about this a while and see how I can implement it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
Reaper3x6  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a problem with my spreadsheet. I input the scores but in the top it still says that I haven't completed any songs, and when I input my band name it doesn't fill in how many 5-star ratings I've gotten
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper3x6 wrote:
I'm having a problem with my spreadsheet. I input the scores but in the top it still says that I haven't completed any songs, and when I input my band name it doesn't fill in how many 5-star ratings I've gotten

Are you entering numbers or '*'s for the stars?

The spreadsheet requires you use * for stars, so if you got 5-stars you would enter ***** (not '5').

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper3x6 wrote:

You can also mail me your spreadsheet and I can take a look at it and return it to you fixed, with an explanation of what I did.

HylianHero  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having an issue with the spreadsheet as well. I've tried many times to upload it, but every time I do it says the file is corrupt. The only thing I've changed is the band name (from AA) and the scores/stars part.

I've tried uploading it from Firefox and IE and have download the spreadsheet twice and tried uploading both, but to no prevail.

Help?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please send me the spreadsheets with a brief description of the issue. If you have scores in there I'll make sure they are preserved.

discgolferpro@yahoo.com

HylianHero  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my issue was pretty much in that post.

I e-mailed the spreadsheet to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: