ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Choppy Streaming/Erratic Loading

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LisaRAWK  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Choppy Streaming/Erratic Loading Reply with quote

Hi All,

Lisa here and I have 1 quick type question. ;)

So, I have follwed the guide ya'll have posted and imported a few songs, made an ISO, burned the ISO and put it into the PS2. Here is where the fun starts:

I get the PS flashscreen, and about 2-5min later, I will get the other splash screens. After about 6-10min, I can go into the menu and see the song list. When I pick ANY song at this point, the PS2 will whir and click and the song will come up after another 5-10min, then when it starts, it will only play like 10-30seconds of teh song, before it freezes, unfreezes and plays another quick section, then freezes again.

I am using Verbatim DVD+R disks, Alcohol 120% and Apache. I have tried making about 6 different builds with the same results. Could it just be a bad spindle or am I doing something really wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you all for the site and the info.

Lisa out!
LisaRAWK  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one has any ideas eh?

Well please, if you think of anything at all, please let me know.

Thanks again,
Lisa
Sottle  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad spindle is possible...you could try downloading DVD Decrypter, and looking at the Media ID code when you put your disc in, to ensure they're not fakes.

Other than that, it's going to be a PS2 laser problem, it may need cleaning, adjusting or replacing. Plenty of guides around for that in various places, try afterdawn.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
OW.Angel  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try -R media instead. Don't think the PS2 likes +R much.
Keebler  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The preference between +r and -r actually depends on the Model PS2 you have. I've noticed that generally older PS2's work better with +r while newer ones seem to read -r better. That may be over generalizing things a bit, but you get the point I'm sure.

The issues you are having are media related however. I had the same problems and switched over to -r Ritek G04 discs. They're a bit old, but cheap and work well.... at least in my PS2.
LisaRAWK  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keebler wrote:
The preference between +r and -r actually depends on the Model PS2 you have. I've noticed that generally older PS2's work better with +r while newer ones seem to read -r better. That may be over generalizing things a bit, but you get the point I'm sure.

The issues you are having are media related however. I had the same problems and switched over to -r Ritek G04 discs. They're a bit old, but cheap and work well.... at least in my PS2.

Thanks for your help guys. I still have the same problem and when I switched to Verbatim DVD-R my PS2 won't read it at all. I think I am going to keep trying more brands though as you seem to indicate that it is certainly a media problem. Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: