ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
What is the best and worst aspect(s) of your playing?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: What is the best and worst aspect(s) of your playing? Reply with quote

I think the best aspects of my playing are probably the speed of my left hand and sense of rhythm. Worst has to be lining up strumming correctly with hammer-ons and pull-offs...it kills me- especially on songs like Texas Flood, BATM, and solos of various songs. I'm just inconsistent. What about you guys?

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my best aspect of play is i believe my recognition of form. my worst aspect of my play is solos, i suck at them.
silencer  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best and worst aspects of play are the same:

I have a lot of room for growth.

Seriously though worst & best - I'm horrible at fast solos, but I think I recover quickly from mistakes and have decent timing.
Genga  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my best is probably that I play guitar, so I can move around the buttons better

My worst may be solos too, some of them i just go totally haywire on them
Hellion42  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to rush when I'm alternate picking... throws me off during all the usual suspects, lol. Also I'm very NON-ambidextrous... my left and right hands always want to be doing something similar. Perfect example: CFH-x. I try to alt pick that and I'm toast right out of the gate. Downpicking (or more accurately, slapping) and I'm a million times more accurate. I also suck at HO/POs, but I know a good part of that is the narrowed window for a note in the game as opposed to a strum; I have no trouble IRL playing hammers and pulls.

Probably what I'm best at is music memory/"feeling" the song... even if my hands aren't cooperating, I pretty much know what I'm supposed to be doing at least. Of course, a vivid imagination doesn't cut it on, say, BatM-x.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best- memory. I already have a good number of tracks memorized.

Worst- super fast passages like the 50 million oranges in Texas Flood.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best skill is probably really fast separate notes with no hammer ons or pull offs. I can nail notes that aren't scales.

My worst trait is that I mess up some of the stupidest things. I mess up simple single notes on medium, like hitting a red instead of a yellow. It really screws up full comboing medium songs.
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what my strength is. I'm tempted to say that it is the über solos, knowing that I seem to be best at the songs that consist of easy stuff surrounding a solo that few, if any, can fully combo, such as Symphony, Ziggy, and All of This. Despite this, in comparison to others, I seem to suck at easier solos.

My weakness is Star Power. In the more complicated songs, I can't decipher the optimal strategy, and I can't do "note squeezes" in the easier songs.
masterded  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best part of my game is by far is that I can hold logical conversations when playing. In multiplayer mood there is nothing better then talking normal to the other player as they yell for you to shut up. The bad is a long list I suck at most solo’s on expert. Also if something gets to repetitive I tend to over think what I’m doing especially if it is an easy part. Also I look like a jackass even when I nail parts.
But, I’m just happy that with the people I play I’m the best.

Last edited by masterded on Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my best part of my game is that i can 5* all the medium songs, worst is that i cant do the same for hard or expert (getting closer on hard though)
Icebrand  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Guitar Hero sensei (ok, not really) once remarked about my playing: "You are just sloppy as all hell on the easy parts but nail the hard stuff like there's not a tomorrow."

I hope I've improved on that since he said it three months ago.
37 6-stars: 5 to go
Get psyched for GH2: DEFINITELY
rabies  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best: Position shifting ability like mad (probably from real guitar playing), ability to figure out optimal star power usage and ability to whammy any extended note..no matter how short the duration and even if it is in the middle of mad alternate picking or something to get the max benefit from whammys.

Worst: Rushing when excited or tense.

Cannot HO or PO...so I rely on picking everything....which makes things harder than they should be. That does not seem to be a weakness of just me though...seems the better players always pick everything as well.

Honestly..I think they need to change HO/PO in GH2. HO and PO on real guitar makes it easier to play faster passages..alternate picking is an advanced technique. It seems in the game, it is the other way around. That is just not right.
TheShineNSB  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best: My fingers don't really get "lost". If I accidentally shift my pinky past the orange, I can still nail the R/B/O with my three other fingers, so I don't plan ahead with my finger position. I'm also a good sight-reader, dating back to my clarinet days. I also have excellent rhythm with my strumming; I can stay on beat just as well with alternate strumming as I do with down strumming.

Worst... I don't do HO/PO at all. I haven't really worked on them, but I've just always found it easier to strum everything, and since that's gotten me to 5* reviews on most expert songs, I haven't been inspired to work on it.
Ral  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may seem strange but I think HO/PO's may be my best and worst aspects.

It seems like I'm the only one that actually trys to use them and they have helped in some places. Most notibly the Cowboys from Hell main riff. I wasn't able to strum every note and keep a combo, so I tried HO/PO it. Worked on that and now I've managed to 5-star it. Now, I'm working on using them to play the solos. So far, I've been working on the Symphony of Destruction and Godzilla solos.

I also say they may be my worst at times, I feel the need to HO/PO everything. Which may cause problems with me having either to move my hand position quicker to the HO/PO notes, or giving me less time to get to notes after the HO/PO.

Another weakness is alternate strumming. Like I said before, I couldn't alternate strum the Cowboys from Hell main riff before, and I still can't alternate strum. I also have problems with some of the fast passages like in The Breaking Wheel. Damn song was the last song I had to 5-star.
AskewedOne  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say the area I'm best at is reading what I'm *supposed* to be doing. Yes, there's a reason that I'm stressing that.

As my worst trait is actually getting all four fingers on my left hand to actually do what they're *supposed* to be doing even though I know my brain is shouting out "BYR BYR BYG BYG"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: