ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
What is the best and worst aspect(s) of your playing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cliff  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best- Picking out rhythm in the songs. I can't tell you how many times I'd be playing with my friends, watching them miss notes, and telling them "you're going too fast." I don't understand how, in expert when you play all the notes you hear, someone can't hear the rate of the song and play that back.

Worst- I can't hit the repeated 3-note strings, like the Y R G Y R G Y R G etc. in Take It Off and Ziggy. Also, I have yet to 100% any of the opening riffs in CFH.
blackdragon480  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Qualities: Hand positioning and shifting, along with the ability to adapt my picking style (from alteranate to all-down, and vice versa) depending on what I need (i.e. I down strum on all the G-Y chords in the verse portion of CfH but quickly switch to altenate picking to nail all of the Y-B-Y-R-R-B-Y-R-R part).

Worst Qualities: In really long repetitive rhythm sections I let my mind wander and tend to jack up a note here and there. Also, my H/O and P/O need a lot of work. I can do them but not consistantly, suprisingly I find it easier to do longer H/O and P/Os (i.e. 4-5 notes accending or decending) than the short tripletts you find in stuff like Ziggy, et alia, mainly due to the ease of just sliding my index or ring finger down to hit the last couple of notes, rather than trying to bring the digit straight down on the button at the right time).
popemobile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best: Im really good at sliding my hand really fast to hit notes
I think this is useful because i dont trust my pinky and i like to hit chords with my 1 2 and 3 fingers

Worst: pull offs
i can do hammer ons fairly well (although i still never use them), but i cant do pulloffs worth a shit
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best: I can slide my hand fairly well to hit notes and I almost never get lost in a song. Sometimes I may get overwhelmed by notes, but I can read them all fairly well and determine what I have to do. I think I'm also pretty good at knowing when I need to alternate strum and doing it fairly well.

Worst: Actually hitting the notes I'm reading. I only really have trouble with insane repetition and just plain difficult solos. Most of the time it's either because I strum one too many times during a long down-strum session or I accidentally bring a finger down when I'm hitting chords, which jacks it up.

In-between: Hammer-ons and Pull-offs. It's like Russian Roulette for me. One song I could be pulling off all my HO's/PO's perfectly, the next I can't hit any at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best - switching my fingers to different chords.

Worst - Pull Offs and rapid -yrg- -yrg- -yrg-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: