ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
NEW Washington Get-Together (Done, Please unsticky)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Romanczuk  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navi wrote:
And jnukes, I'm interested in playing real guitar, but I only really know one song, and snippets of others... but I know chords so I can accompany people. lol.

Pfft. We're probably just going to lay sweet jams. You don't need to know songs in order to jam with other musicians. It's easy to get by with just chords.
Speaking of "chords", I'll repeat how important it is that people bring cords.

My friend lives in Renton and I live in West Seattle, so if some guy shows up who doesn't even go to the forums and isn't with someone who does, he's probably my friend arrived way before me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
CryofthePlanet  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romanczuk wrote:
Pfft. We're probably just going to lay sweet jams. You don't need to know songs in order to jam with other musicians. It's easy to get by with just chords.

That sounds totally badass, just as long as your jam isn't an encore. >_<

Also, for any song suggestions, I suggest Sabbath's Paranoid!!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Romanczuk  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that one!

When I hear a GH song that I like I usually learn how to play it. Most of the time I don't even need to look up tabs because I have perfect pitch and I can tell the notes just by listening to music. It makes learning new songs so fast; I can learn most simple songs in less time than it takes to listen to it once.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
CryofthePlanet  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romanczuk wrote:
I know that one!

When I hear a GH song that I like I usually learn how to play it. Most of the time I don't even need to look up tabs because I have perfect pitch and I can tell the notes just by listening to music. It makes learning new songs so fast; I can learn most simple songs in less time than it takes to listen to it once.

o_O Lucky bastard.

Also one problem: We're both bassists. X_X And the GH cover is HORRIBLE, especially on bass. It tweaks it in wrong ways and does put in certain things.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
anonymous_15  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
shiggle  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blabla

Last edited by shiggle on Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
CryofthePlanet  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiggle wrote:
Today's the big day Hope to see everyone at Navi's today.

WEWT!!! Good thing I have to mow the lawn still , and take a shower, and eat breakfast, because I'm not leaving for almost four more hours X_X
anonymous_15  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnukes2  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm on my way. See ya guys.

edit: musicians, bring your stuff. I'm bringing my guitar and amp, and like... a wah pedal. is anyone bringing a camera?
09:58 iamchris4life : so
09:58 iamchris4life : wheres the flicking i dont get it
09:58 pkovach2 : Whats a "penis"?
09:58 jnukes2-1 : i'll show you tomorrow

Last edited by jnukes2 on Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Romanczuk  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CryofthePlanet wrote:

o_O Lucky bastard.

Also one problem: We're both bassists. X_X And the GH cover is HORRIBLE, especially on bass. It tweaks it in wrong ways and does put in certain things.

BASS-OFF

On another note, I thought the GH paranoid was a master. IDK, it's not like I play that one much at all considering it's boring as hell by GH standards.

edit:
jnukes2 wrote:
Well, I'm on my way. See ya guys.

Don't post and drive, it's dangerous.

another edit: I will probably be between 30 minutes to an hour late.

Also both my friends canceled.
Galiath25  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the night is done!
arthurychoi  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOO WOO. awesome night everyone!
can't wait for the next one. I assume winter break to be a good time?
CryofthePlanet  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arthurychoi wrote:
WOO WOO. awesome night everyone!
can't wait for the next one. I assume winter break to be a good time?

Yus, good indeed. IIRC, I'm only good for like a couple of days open before the weekend after Christmas Day, if that's all right. I'll probably be in school until like the 21st, then is Christmas, then I'm going back to Michigan to hang out with my dad and my friends until the last weekend before it starts again, so either a day in between Christmas Day and my plane leave, or like the first or second day of break. The latter seems a bit better IMO, since we'd all probably like some time to ourselves with our new stuff.

Also, if any of you guys wanna add me to MSN, my address is CryofthePlanet@hotmail.com
anonymous_15  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CryofthePlanet  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navi wrote:
Thanks everyone for helping to make the day an awesome one. Especially Romanczuk and Jnukes for showing us how IRL guitar heroes throw it down. You guys are CRAZY-AWESOME. That's a high honor in my book. lol. Did anyone manage to get that video footage uploaded yet?

Everytime we've had a get-together (ok, so it's only been two, but still), I always feel like they need to be longer. We really need a chance to play until we collapse, and I just wasn't at that point yet. I could have gone longer... :P Well maybe someday we can have that overnighter... gotta work on warming the roomies up to that idea.

Winter break sounds like a great idea. Personally, I would prefer AFTER Christmas for getting together just because before Christmas is always a bitch as far as trying to plan stuff, because everyone and their mom wants my presence at their Christmas party the week before Christmas. But if we plan far enough in advance, it could probably work.

Hope everyone had fun . You guys are a riot! And I bet the next get-together will be even bigger, as it should be. ;)

You said it. Oranges got the video footage, but JNukes made it take it down because he didn't like it. >_< But he's re-uploading it so I can see it. =D

Also, like I said, I can probably find out a way to get it after Christmas assuming that I pack earlier or something. I hope we have more of these, that was extremely fun!!

Btw, who was all there? I didn't catch many SH names. =/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: