ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Is anyone else interested in a ScoreHero iPhone/iPod App.?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graf  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Is anyone else interested in a ScoreHero iPhone/iPod App.? Reply with quote

LINKS wrote:
iPhone Dev. Center
Apple Developer Connection

I am thinking a ScoreHero App would be awesome. It could be used on iPhone/ iPhone 3G, or iPod touch, and all that needs to be done is a little bit of investing. If I read everything correctly, it would appear that the software development kit (SDK) for iPhone is free, but it's $99 to submit your application to the App. Store for use on iPhone or iPod touch. This is all just an idea, but I figured I would let ScoreHero know what my intentions are; this way I could get user feedback on what would be wanted in the application, as well as the opportunity for the mods/JCirri to raise objection to this idea (if they didn't want a ScoreHero Application to be made)

So what do you guys think?

I got this idea when I was browsing through the numerous apps that were added to the recently released Application Store. Personally I think that browsing ScoreHero on the iPhone is NOT very hard or inconvenient, however I think it would be excellent to have an application for score submission purposes. The first build of the application could just be basic score submission and leaderboard access, but future upgrades could probably have more or better features.

Discuss!

IDEAS FOR APP:
Score-tracking
Leaderboards
Star power chart viewing (PNG images don't seem to display properly on iPod touch or iPhone, as Rickles and I can verify)

I will add more to this list as it is discussed further

Last edited by Graf on Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: APeX Graf
Rickles  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star power chart APP!!!!!!!!

Holy god damn that would be amazing. Pic's of all of the star power paths

Score submissions would also be great.

That's all i could possibly want or need. safari will take care of the rest of my needs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rickles wrote:

That's all i could possibly want or need. safari will take care of the rest of my needs.

I agree completely. Idea added to the original post.

Location: Lincoln, UK ~ Where farming epidemics always hit the front page

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rickles wrote:

Safari would also take care of the SP paths if you browsed through www.bradleyzoo.com, but yeah I think the ability to roam through leaderboards and be able to submit scores without being at your computer (which is, yes, unlikely but you never know) would be a cool feature, shame that the camera on an iPhone is #%@!!!

EDIT: Well if you're accepting ideas I think it would be awesome to browse the cut-off info etc.

My Wiki: Open for anybody to edit, go ahead and write anything!
......................\/

Last edited by BenniWells on Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 150443735976
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would use score submissions ALL the time. I seriously might go exclusively from my iphone. Especially if it supported pic submissions strait from the iphone (although that wouldn't work because the pics need to be hosted on the net already, right?. . . hmmm). This would also be really handy for when I'm playing at a friends house and don't want to write down like 30 scores to imput later.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenniWells wrote:
Rickles wrote:

Safari would also take care of the SP paths if you browsed through [url]bradleyzoo.com[/url], but yeah I think the ability to roam through leaderboards and be able to submit scores without being at your computer (which is, yes, unlikely but you never know) would be a cool feature, shame that the camera on an iPhone is #%@!!!

I think that is one of the 7 dirty words you can say on Scorehero . Also I think that this is a great idea Graf.

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BenniWells  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarGeek08 wrote:
BenniWells wrote:
shame that the camera on an iPhone is #%@!!!

I think that is one of the 7 dirty words you can say on Scorehero . Also I think that this is a great idea Graf.

XD

Perhaps this was a forbidden 8th word, the only word that the very sound of it could cause a pride of lions to fall dead, it is that deadly.

......................\/
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 150443735976
Rickles  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenniWells wrote:
Rickles wrote:

Safari would also take care of the SP paths if you browsed through www.bradleyzoo.com.

Most of the .PNGs don't display properly. It's seems only super short songs like Mississippi queen work

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenniWells - Safari doesn't currently support the .PNG format that BradleyZoo charts are in, which is why Rickles wanted it in the App. Thank you for your idea of browsing cut-offs, I think that could be very useful

IWillKickU - I used to use the iPhone camera all the time, it's not so bad However, you can set up a contact with the "submit via email" function on Photobucket. I used to email photos directly to Photobucket using my phone, then I would have them uploaded already when I went to submit scores. So if you had a pen/paper handy, you could easily copy down the direct link to the picture after you email it, and then type it in manually when submitting scores.

GuitarGeek08 - Thanks I hope this idea gets some people behind it, especially if I can't figure out how to use the SDK

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think this is a really good idea. especially for times when you are at a friends house and playing. or in my situation where the comp is in another room

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
BenniWells - Safari doesn't currently support the .PNG format that BradleyZoo charts are in, which is why Rickles wanted it in the App.

Trust Apple I think the primary use for this application would be for submitting scores, it would surely be useful to a lot of people.

Also...

$99 to submit an application!? That's kinda daylight robbery ain't it? I hope you're not going to cough up all that money, if you are, well you're certainly a trooper.

......................\/
egraves7  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This an awesome idea. I've thrown it around in my head as kind of a "gee, it'd be cool if someone wrote an SH app" thing. I'd definitely use it.

EDIT: Here is an interesting idea. What if you charged a nominal fee, say, $1 or $2, and donated all of the proceeds to SH? Just a thought.

EDIT 2: I'd be willing to chip in some dough to the cost of submission, to help defray the criminal charge levied by Apple.

IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you JC could make it accessable through the SH store. I would gladly donate all of my contribution points (I think I've got 50 something sitting around) to help make this happen.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
slashattack  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key features
--------------------------------
Score Submission with automated picture support
Cutoff Browsing
Star-power charts
Leader-boards
Total Notes
Submit proofs with automated picture support.

Programmers
-----------------------
Charliehorse55
Graf (Yes?)
Anyone else who wants to join. I'll set up SVN once we get this going.

Price = $0.99. The funds will go to whoever coughs up the $99 until they have broken even, the rest will be split up like so

80% - Scorehero
20% Star Power Podcast

What does everybody think?

EDIT: Opps, this is charliehorse55, I forgot to log out of my brother's acct.
Graf  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

egraves7 wrote:
This an awesome idea. I've thrown it around in my head as kind of a "gee, it'd be cool if someone wrote an SH app" thing. I'd definitely use it.

EDIT: Here is an interesting idea. What if you charged a nominal fee, say, $1 or $2, and donated all of the proceeds to SH? Just a thought.

EDIT 2: I'd be willing to chip in some dough to the cost of submission, to help defray the criminal charge levied by Apple.

RESPONSE: I want to charge users NOTHING for this. I figure once the application is in the App. Store, it won't cost me anything to update it or anything. The biggest problems right now:
A: $99 to make it so any ScoreHero user with an iPhone or iPod touch can download it through the App. Store
B: The potential headache of learning how to use the iPhone Software Development Kit, as well as the coding and such involved.
Both of these problems have solutions, seeing as I am working and COULD save the $100 and pay for it myself if there is no other option. The second problem is alleviated because Apple has a SHITLOAD of guides, videos, and technical support for the coding and SDK, as well as plenty of other developers who could help me IF it became hard to understand, etc, etc.

RESPONSE #2: Thank you, but let's take this one step at a time. If there is another way OTHER than having everyone PayPal money to me, I would like to take that route before having people chip in. I think I am going to download the free SDK and tinker around a bit, see how that goes, and update the thread with more information as I learn more about what I am getting into

IWillKickU wrote:
Or you JC could make it accessable through the SH store. I would gladly donate all of my contribution points (I think I've got 50 something sitting around) to help make this happen.

THAT would be fucking awesome! Are you saying that users spend contribution points so they can buy the App through ScoreHero's store? I don't know if that will work because once I pay the $99 to Apple, and therefore become part of the Apple Developer Connection, the Application is immediately part of the App. Store, and anyone can download it for free. I guess it is possible to implement a password system....but I don't know if that is practical/possible at this time.

For now, I just want to try and get this thing made so I can beta test it, then work from there. If this can be made accessible by ScoreHero members shortly, I would rather take that route than make them pay contribution points for the App. (especially if it turns out that I suck at making apps >_>)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: