ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Getting together with the best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Getting together with the best Reply with quote

I know there have been Guitar Hero tournaments in the past...but how awesome would it be for like...the top 10 players in expert difficulty on this site to get together for one night...or like have some official gathering where the top players in each difficulty could play some songs together, battle it out, and learn from each other's techniques? You know...like a casual kind of thing. I know my friend goes to New York where he gets together with people on his "team" who he's never met to play Day of Defeat in tournaments there ...so why can't something like that happen for GH?

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
Genga  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mind you, the top 10 are all no doubt American, so you could meet up in the middle?
MLafer  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too bad multiplayer sucks, i reckon if the top 10 got together they would mostly want to play single player. I hope the rumors about being able to play the FULL song side by side in GH2 are true. It would make tournaments much more respectable.

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's the thing:

#1 (ES942)
#2 (krimsunmunkeys):
We are both high school students living under parental supervision, and I doubt that we would be able to convince our parents to meet up with a few strangers to play a video game together.

#3 (supermegagoon)
#4 (blackmamba)
#6 (-.MetaLcorE.-)
#7 (ninjafetus)
#8 (nickentendo):
Probably stopped playing. These guys haven't updated scores in a while.

#9 (Atremains):
Not so sure. Still comes to the message boards, but hasn't updated scores in a while.
Atremains, feel free to tell us if you still play.

#10 (achat):
Still active.

As you can see, I'm not sure you would get much out of this. Many seem to have just stopped playing.
Genga  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so other people have gotta catch up with scores

or make them up ;)
ES942  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, from the looks of krimsun's profile, he lives in california. it would be kinda hard for him, being 15, to come to new york by himself.

or some bigwig government official can create a tournament in each state, single elimintaion, and we'd all eventually meet up in the final 16 or something.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:

#3 (supermegagoon)

i think that he is the silent killer of us all. he has never posted on the forum (i believe) but he has been steadily increasing his scores...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm catching up

I've moved up to 15th

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see me ever catching up
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about this. The people at red octane hold an international tournament to find the best GH player in the world. They should do this much like how Roxor did the ITG national tournament (which i got bounced out really early by a player who made it to vegas.) By this, i mean have a bunch of like best buys or something hold tournaments in various regions of the country/world (you know te usual northeast, midwest, So Cal, West, Southwest, South, and Europe [idk if the game has been released in asia yet.]) then of like the top 3 in each tournament for said region, hold a regional tournament for the whole region in a city that is either really large or has a dense GH community. Out of those regional tournaments, take like the top 5 from each region and then hold the national tournament in a major mecha of tournaments (Vegas sounds tempting again.) then hold the tournament from there.
Genga  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well theres one this weekend in Donnington, I wish I went to it
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

ES942

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2006 04:01 Post subject:
krimsunmunkeys wrote:

#3 (supermegagoon)

i think that he is the silent killer of us all. he has never posted on the forum (i believe) but he has been steadily increasing his scores...

Yeah I know! I've noticed that too! Kind of scary in a way...just silently poised to eventually take over #1 a couple of months from now...

Anyway, it's definitely understandable for parents of 14 and 15 year olds to not want their kids to meet up with total strangers...but it would be awesome if there was some official big-organization or government-held tournament where we ended up in the finals. I'd love to see ES and Krimsunmunkeys play (and supermegagoon if he continues creeping to the top )

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about supermegagoon.

I noticed the "silent killer" aspect of his score posting a while back. I went on a band trip at the beginning of May, and he broke back into 2nd while I was gone. Once I reclaimed my small throne (stupid ES hogging the big throne... ), he seemed to try a little harder to keep up. He got within about 10,000 points behind me, then I zoomed forward to reach the 12 million mark. After that, he seems to have just stopped.

Then again, maybe he's going to go through every song, getting perfect scores on all of them, then post them all in one fell swoop, blowing me and ES right off the scoreboard...
Genga  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you dont know the storm that will unleash
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't seem all that worth it to get together anyway, at least not until Guitar Hero 2 is out and has co-op mode going.So if it was ever going to happen it would need to be on your Spring break, that or when summer comes around again. Or you could always just go spend your Christmas with someone else's family for the sake of getting perfect co-op scores.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: