ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
anyone think a GH3 ladder for X360 would work?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RADEoN  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: anyone think a GH3 ladder for X360 would work? Reply with quote

There's an old FPS game I still kinda play called tactical ops, well there's a ladder (dying ladder) for it called NATO, north american tournament organization, and if we can spark up enough interest in it, I might be able to get some ladder play going, here's how it works:

http://nato-ladder.com/show_profile.php?player_id=11096

we'll each have a profile, and we challenge each other for a ladder like this:

http://nato-ladder.com/show_ladder.php?lid=69

except it'll be for GH3 instead of TO.

except instead of map it'll be your song.

I think ladder play like this could be a lot of fun, if you guys are interested in signing up, click here:

http://nato-ladder.com/register_account.php

HERE'S AN EXAMPLE OF HOW THIS WORKS AND IS NOT A RIVALRY.

I challenge stinkdog2007 to a match, I pick "Before I Forget" and he picks "Prayer of the Refugee", and I win both. I enter a win, and accepts it, he loses points, I gain points.

Then Schoof challenges me, I pick "Metal Heavy Lady" and he picks "Take this life" and he wins both, he enters a win, I accept the loss, I lose points he gains them.

There is no rivalry, maybe for a match, but other than that it's retarded to call it a rivalry.

Last edited by RADEoN on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: RADEoN40 Wii Friend Code: 030188084668
RADEoN  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, if someone newb bashes the whole way to first place, their rank accuracy percentage goes down, and they get less and less points for themselves as the they beat loses very little, but if the lower ranked person beats a top ranked person, there will be a ton of points to be lost, to help avoid newb bashing in general
stinkdog2007  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to start a rivalry, you might want to try: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=15

Thats the forum for Rivalries.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkdog2007 wrote:
If you want to start a rivalry, you might want to try: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=15

yeah except there's no rivalries involved as much as a ton of players on a ladder playing each other and challenging one another for a match-up to get to the top of said ladder, thanks for the worthless post.
RADEoN  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe i wasn't clear, say i challenged you, and i beat you on a best of 3, then I would put it that I won, you would accept the loss, and I get some of your points, and you lose those points, the ladder is sorted by points, and I can play 50 people in one day if i want to, this has nothing to do with individual rivalries.
schoof  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RADEoN wrote:
stinkdog2007 wrote:

yeah except there's no rivalries involved as much as a ton of players on a ladder playing each other and challenging one another for a match-up to get to the top of said ladder

But you are pretty much trying to start a rivalry, no matter how big it may be. Any type of challenge or online tourney should go in that forum.

RADEoN wrote:
thanks for the worthless post.

Now that was just uncalled for, don't be rude.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="schoof"]
RADEoN wrote:
stinkdog2007 wrote:

yeah except there's no rivalries involved as much as a ton of players on a ladder playing each other and challenging one another for a match-up to get to the top of said ladder

But you are pretty much trying to start a rivalry, no matter how big it may be. Any type of challenge or online tourney should go in that forum.

no, i'm not trying to start a rivalry, i'm seeing if a bunch of players want to join this ladder, challenge one another, no rivalry intended, and play in a more competitive environment than xbl has to offer.. but i guess i'm not getting through clearly enough
stinkdog2007  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That forum isn't only for individual rivalries. Anyway, you should start to use the edit button instead of Double posting. It is frowned upon here. Also, my post wasn't "worthless", it was just a place where I believe this thread should be placed. The only worthless posts are the posts where you keep double posting.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkdog2007 wrote:
That forum isn't only for individual rivalries. Anyway, you should start to use the edit button instead of Double posting. It is frowned upon here. Also, my post wasn't "worthless", it was just a place where I believe this thread should be placed. The only worthless posts are the posts where you keep double posting.

but it's not a goddamn rivalry, i don't see why you are so stuck on that, if it was a rivalry it would be set that 2 people compete with each other and keep trying to 1-up each other, that's not what this is all about.
stinkdog2007  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it is still a competition, which belongs in that forum. I am just advising you where to post, and you think I am attacking you. I don't see what your problem is.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but it's not a competition YET, it's an idea I'm thinking of trying to employ, now either you sign up for it and show interest or you don't.

maybe you can call people out in the rivalry forum if this idea were to ever materialize, but it seems a little bit over you two's head to ever happen.

Last edited by RADEoN on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:55 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: RADEoN40 Wii Friend Code: 030188084668
schoof  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RADEoN wrote:
but it's not a goddamn rivalry, i don't see why you are so stuck on that, if it was a rivalry it would be set that 2 people compete with each other and keep trying to 1-up each other, that's not what this is all about.

That is not really what the rivalry forum is about, it can be one on one competition, but it can also be between many people, league style competition, tournaments or whatever. Basically if you're talking about any king of competition between any amount of people, that is where it should go.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schoof wrote:
RADEoN wrote:

That is not really what the rivalry forum is about, it can be one on one competition, but it can also be between many people, league style competition, tournaments or whatever. Basically if you're talking about any king of competition between any amount of people, that is where it should go.

well do you think i should copy the first post and request to have this thread locked?
stinkdog2007  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should request that the topic gets moved.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stink dog i don't really like you please don't post in my threads, this thread probably ruined any chances of this ladder ever happening.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: