ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Kids Quits School to play Guitar Hero
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dxbrbnk  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Kids Quits School to play Guitar Hero Reply with quote

(Sorry If Wrong Section)

From GuitarHeroNews.com

Young 16 year old Blake Peebles has quit highschool to pursue a career in professional gaming. Speciffically in the area of Guitar Hero. The kid began winning Guitar Hero competitions not too long and is ranked among the top players in the world in terms of stats on Guitar Hero 3. After realizing he can get stuff for playing video games he began to bug his parents to let him drop out of school to pursue a career in gaming. A career which is very difficult to get into, but can actually provide a living for people. Players in Major Leauge Gaming earn as high as $80,000 a year, but the average is around $30,000. After much begging and pleading his parents actually agreed to let him quit highschool to play video games. Crazy right?! As part of the deal with his parents he now has to take his classes at home with a private tutor. Since leaving school his parents have said they have seen an overall improvment in Blakes mood and happiness, as well as the schoolwork done with his tutor. Lucky kid.

Full Article Here: http://www.newsobserver.com/print/sunday/sunday_journal/story/1155589.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: juanbrbnk
leglegleg  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he probably isnt even that good
Mogwai  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely a bad idea... But heck, it sounds more like he's home schooled rather a straight up drop-out.

And sheesh, I thought I was as lame as it gets when dropped out my senior year to do drugs... Still do drugs, but I'm going back in a couple days. Only have to do a few months to get my diploma.. And I can still do any substance I want, eh... Sounds like a plan to me.
MisterMcLov1n  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a moron. His parents are morons. He needs to go to school, get a college education and LRN2REELJOB.
ana  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ranked among the top players in the world in terms of stats on Guitar Hero 3

Who is this guy?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he has iamchris4life or other 1337-esque skills then it might pay off, otherwise he'll just be probably an average player around here. I would be interested to see his scores.

I'm saying 95% chance he will fail in his venture.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair play, sounds like this has worked out nicely for him. It may work out, it may not in the long run, nice that he's been given the opportunity to go for it, especially if it's what he really wants. Good luck to him

"All I do is sit down at the [laptop] and start hitting the keys. Getting them in the right order, that's the trick... that's the trick" The immortal words of Garth Marenghi
mrnuzzlespleen  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he on ScoreHero?

I gotta say, that's pretty lame, mostly for his parents. High School dropouts are pretty consistently found to have shitty jobs and less opportunity. I'm not sure I can understand or sympathize with parents who let their kids just drop out, and especially over an essentially stupid reason like this.

"I asked this guy, 'Come on man, dinosaur fossils, what's the deal? He goes 'God put those here to test our faith'."
"I think God put you here to test MY faith, dude".
-Bill Hicks
brad16752  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow he sure is taking a gamble. Personally I think all MLG players are lucky bastards. However the pay isn't amazing which makes sense considering you are being payed to play video games.
Pharcyd3  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a kid I know who quit school so he could play WoW more.

I think its pretty fair to say that if he isnt a scorehero member chances are hes not ranked among the top in the world

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately should have finished high school, THEN tried for a job as a pro gamer. At least that way he'd have his qualifications to fall back on if he fails in his attempt.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: z1ppy0
NCSU  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive seen Blake at a few tournaments and get togethers in and around Raleigh. His scorehero username used to be dreminem, but i believe he was banned for no reason or something (dont qutoe me on that).

He's a cool guy and everything, but seriously... quit school? And its not like he's the best of the best anyways. Doesnt iamchris4life still go to school? I dont agree with his decision.
benlikesthesalsa  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a dream like this once the i found out wrestleing is fake and im to big a pussy to fight in UFC.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, that's crazy! I wouldn't quit school to play games. I say I hate it but it keeps me going, and I'll have something to help me get a job in the future.

What happens if someone better comes along, will he get replaced and then left with no qualifications or work experience?

Some say he came back just to fix the "5-Note Chord" banner in his sig...
[23:01] <DanSoup> Did you know, girls masturbate as often as men
[23:01] <DanSoup> they just lie about it normaly
[23:01] <SillyScape> no-one mastrubates as much as me
Pharcyd3  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanSoup wrote:
Damn, that's crazy! I wouldn't quit school to play games. I say I hate it but it keeps me going, and I'll have something to help me get a job in the future.

What happens if someone better comes along, will he get replaced and then left with no qualifications or work experience?

and the answer is........

YES
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: