ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Kids Quits School to play Guitar Hero
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khfreek  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lure2Live wrote:
Banned for no reason? Or banned for a reason he thought was stupid which was actually against some rule that is probably important?

I don't think people here ban for absolutely no reason...

People get banned for no reason all the time on SH. I believe it's some sort of glitch, but the mods won't look into it because they can't dare to think that anything is wrong with their ban policy

The discos had the funk, the junkies had the groove. No one knew what they was gonna do but Bambaataa had the news.

Let there be chains... there were chains
Let there be soul... there was soul
Let there be degrading of women.... there was degrading of WOMEN!
Let there be sratchin.... there was scratching!
LET THERE BE RAP!
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny part is that MLG doesn't sponsor Guitar Hero.
Smeddy24  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because he's pursuing his dream doesn't mean it's a good idea! If my dream is to rob a bank, that doesn't make it okay! Some of you are acting like pursuing your dream makes anything tolerable.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smeddy24 wrote:
Just because he's pursuing his dream doesn't mean it's a good idea! If my dream is to rob a bank, that doesn't make it okay! Some of you are acting like pursuing your dream makes anything tolerable.

I support your dream of robbing a bank, but mostly because it ties into my dream of robbing you right after you rob a bank.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm....what he just did is equal to dropping out of school to become a famous rock star for a living, except if you don't make it as a rock star, you can always fall back on teaching music. What can you fall back on as a Guitar Hero pro, teaching Guitar Hero?

Well......he is getting tutored, and he could still go to college if this all ends up failing. Good for him if he actually makes a living doing this.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
xslaya22x  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lure2Live wrote:
ieatbabies331 wrote:
HOLY SHIT I KNOW THIS GUY.
he was banned from score hero for no reason.... his name on score hero was Driminem. I've been to tournaments with him and we talk quite often. Also, you guys shouldnt give him so much shit. this article is wrong. he didn't quit highschool to play guitar hero for a living. he quit school because he was hit by a car and wanted to be home schooled. Then he had a lot of free time to play guitar hero and hes insanely good now... I know all of this because he told me.

Banned for no reason? Or banned for a reason he thought was stupid which was actually against some rule that is probably important?

On the topic of the article, all I have to say is, ".....no"

In all likelyhood, you're absolutely right. Some of his posts didn't come up in a search, which usually means that the threads he posted in were trashed by the mods, so who knows... it doesn't really matter. Besides, there aren't really any mods who are really ban-happy like there have been in the past (not that there was anything wrong with that to start with because it kept people from being idiots... huh, go figure?)

On topic: This whole story is a joke. Dropping out of HS, in 99.9% of cases, leads to nowhere good. His chances of actually making it pale in comparison to his chances of failure. By the chance that he actually makes it, he's still pretty much fucked. I don't see GH being popular on the MLG scene like FPS's are, and that's where the real money is at. He will probably just make enough to stay alive, and that's provided he has any measurable success. The real money would be made from getting sponsors, *cough* iamchris4life *cough*. If he was really THAT good, he would probably have much more news coverage on him if he's attending all of these touraments (like Beberle does).

I'm just not seeing it, sorry. You can chase your dreams, and I have no problem with that, but you also have to look at it from a realistic viewpoint. It's not like staying in public school is keeping him from winning tournaments from what I've read.

If iamchris4life is staying in school and he's the best GH player in the world (I'm pretty sure you can't argue that anymore...) who already has a sponsor, then I'm thinking that it would be best to do what he's doing. I don't know of any other elite players on Scorehero that are dropping out either...

khfreek wrote:

People get banned for no reason all the time on SH. I believe it's some sort of glitch, but the mods won't look into it because they can't dare to think that anything is wrong with their ban policy

Yeah... right. A glitch, huh? Since when did the act of stupidity being grounds for banning someone become a glitch? The only thing that you could consider a "ban for no reason" is when your ISP gives you different IP's when you connect to the internet. If you happen to be assigned an IP that has previously been banned from scorehero then I guess that would make people assume that it was a "ban for no reason". I don't believe anyone gets "banned for no reason" anymore. Someone usually pisses a mod off, and it usually has to be pretty stupid to get a permanent ban these days.

And I'm pretty sure there's no clause in the ban policy that states they won't look into something that is completely fucking with the general population of the site... it's just, shall we say, bad business.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many labor jobs that pay more than most jobs that people who have finished high school and have went to collage have. Joining the army is also an option.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TalaTheElite
Smeddy24  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tala wrote:
There are many labor jobs that pay more than most jobs that people who have finished high school and have went to collage have. Joining the army is also an option.
That's very true. Many do require a trade school training, which in turn requires a GED...

Oh wait. He's not dropping out to get a job.

He's dropping out to play Guitar Hero.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok yeah, I actually read this in my local paper before seeing it on Scorehero, go figure.

I've seen this kid in tournaments, and he's good, but not THAT good. I believe he had around a 600k TTFAF score. The article as says that he believes he's top 20 in the nation, and his parents believe him when he says this, which we all know is a load of shit. BUT before you people start judging him...

He is still getting home schooled. He didn't quit school competely. Yes, it was still probably a bad decision, but he will be set up to go to college after his Guitar Hero dreams are shattered.

who knows... maybe playing Guitar Hero full time will improve his skills...
marko34256  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i feel that guitar hero/rock band has reached it's full popularity already (if not now, then most likely within the next year).

if this kid wants to become a pro gamer, he either needs to pick up counter strike or halo, or take up starcraft and move to korea.
snare411  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i stayed home a month just to play GH3 ...
franciss  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snare411 wrote:
i stayed home a month just to play GH3 ...

Oh well this kid is amazing lol

I thought I played a lot but dropping school so you can play GH "professionally"?? I guess that's ok
Syphon  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khfreek wrote:
Lure2Live wrote:

That's what SH gets for running on shitty old software XD.
Doughboy  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread seems to be a classic example of people reading the topic title, and posting based on that.

fbimunky wrote:
MisterMcLov1n wrote:
He's a moron. His parents are morons. He needs to go to school, get a college education and LRN2REELJOB.

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

May not be as funny when you realize some people here, including mods, are pro gamers. They get paid for doing something they really like to do, so making fun of them doesn't make any sense to me.

As far as this kid goes, good luck to him. It's not like he completely quit learning. He's getting tutored. I would assume that means that any academic problems are going to get solved quicker because he's the only one there. It also means there aren't any class clowns to interfere with his learning. He could also go back to high school if need be.

Finally, saying "lol, he can't play, he'll never be good enough" isn't really a safe bet. Call it a hunch, but he seems just a bit determined.

Also, a note on the ban: I'm pretty sure the rules say "no discussion of modding/ modded PS2s, or you get banned" and with good reason.
smackdown85146  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless he's witwix or iamchris4life, i don't really care. He's not even on SH (I don't think). He must suck.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: