ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Activision and Logitech collaborate on new GH:WT controllers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
supernovamaniac  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will wait about 1 month before getting the regular WT guitar. Although detachable and people complain a lot, I would rather get the reviews and get it. Its not like my parents will let me buy something more expensive. =P

I got owned.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Wii Friend Code: 287882963981
gh2god17  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guitar hero 1 and 2 SG will always be my favorite guitar hero controllers. The pieces of shit that they made for guitar hero 3 (especially ps2 and ps3) didnt work properly and were very uncomfortable to play with. The SG sat perfectly when u played and the buttons weren't too stiff and they didnt stick. the guitar i had for ps3 missed at least 10 notes a song on its own because of the detatchable neck failing to read the buttons i clicked and because of the shitty wireless system. personally i dont care about the chord on the SG. its not like anyone seriously stands up and dances around when they play haha. most people sit 3-5 away from the tv when they play.

i cant even begin to explain all the things wrong the recent guitars that have come out. especially the ones that sold seperately. (the hammer) i destroyed that thing the day i bought it.

but as for the new guitars for GHWT, i really hope they dont half ass this and make something that everyone can enjoy to play with
Venim619  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics or it didn't happen.
Zeph  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see what reason they need to make premium instrumentt. Are the normal instruments not good enough? Do they have flaws like RB? If so, I'm going to return the faulty ones time after time after time after time. I will not accept some crappy instruments which break after three weeks.

The only reason for making premium instruments is to make them look cooler so the people who care about that kind of thing can buy them. If the premium ones is supposed to be a better model, being more durable, I'll be mad. We pay huge amounts of money for these games, nothing the gaming world has ever seen before (including DLC), if RedOctane give us some crappy instruments I will return them.

Still, I got my hopes up and really think they'll do better than Harmonix did, though this Logitech thing scares me a bit. If Logitech did this on their own, making instruments for GH and RB it would be a bit different, but cooperating with AV/NS? Do they want a competing set on the market?
Ninjan  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pangbulle wrote:
I wonder how long this genre can go on releasing new controllers, surely the "perfect controller" will be made at some point?

As far as I'm concerned, they nailed it first time around.

SG in my heart forever, all the other controllers blows ass.
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLLLZZZ Loud strumming FTW I hate RB guitar's strumbar

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Nuggets15  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see the problem with the detachable neck. Mine works great and it's the only way i can get it in a bag to take around to friends house's...
STANDSwitTREES  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can just carry it to a friends house its not like it weighs a ton the detachable neck is just an inconvience
[x]beat ttfaf on expert
[ ] 5 star ttfaf on expert
[ ] beat tdwdtg
TheGovena  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four words: NO EFFING DETACHABLE NECK!!!
LaserAntigrav  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never owned a les paul, but my friend has had his since launch, he has had no problems with it at all, he detaches the neck all the time.

i wish i could get the logitech ones, oh well, extended warranty FTW.

"The Halo over my demise / Following a God so blind / Shallow in their sickening, swallow not the shit they feed."
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: g3arsofwar0wns PSN Name: sacredring
solidsnake831  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unless the new ps3 controller is flawless, ill probably just buy the ps2 version and play it with my gh2 guitar, but if it is the ultimate guitar ill buy the everything bundle, which if anyone would know what the price range might be?
Beat Rock the 80s Expert
Beat Guitar Hero I
Obtain Log for GHII
Obtain 80s Log
Beat Guitar Hero III
solidsnake831  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninjan wrote:
pangbulle wrote:
I wonder how long this genre can go on releasing new controllers, surely the "perfect controller" will be made at some point?

As far as I'm concerned, they nailed it first time around.

SG in my heart forever, all the other controllers blows ass.

sg controllers are money
Beat Rock the 80s Expert
Beat Guitar Hero I
Obtain Log for GHII
Obtain 80s Log
Beat Guitar Hero III
MEGA001  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*dodongo, your sig is hilarious, i must say *

They don't need to team up with anybody, all they need to do is recreate the old ps2 sg down to the last detail for every system. (no detachable neck of course >_>)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some things that logitech and activision have undoubtadly taken into consideration:

1. The Detachable neck issue - the whole crux of this is IF,(and that is a really big 'IF') they could get a detachable neck that was reliable/had smooth connectivity, and worked out all the kinks that were present in the GH3 Series guitars, then by all means - send me a geetar with a detachable neck.

2.Tilt Sensor/Activations - if logitech and activision want to impress, this should be made as an optional feature i.e turn on/off.

3.Wireless vs. wired - Some hate wireless, others couldnt care less; but maybe, just maybe, a detachable chord could come with the bundle for ea of the instruments? something in the form of a USB/adaptor maybe?

4. The overall make - most ( im not saying all, but there is an overwhelming majority on these forums) that have a soft spot for the SG... the frets, the strum bar, it was wired, some even call it 'perfect' - although this may just be due to bad past experiences with a LP, there are qualities about both that should be taken on board in regards to logitech making a new/separate guitar.

-frets
-strumbar
-weight
-design (these stand out in my mind)

Me personally, i like my SG because it has a good strum bar, frets that i can push easily, and i dont get any delay/lag. only downside about this is that the overall weight of the thing is MINISCULE = hard to keep still during fast strumming sections, and this can be a lil tedious.

I dont own a LP, but i have played with one on many occasions, they were of a good quality, didnt have any connectivity issues with them (lucky?), I could strum well, and they were weighted PERFECTLY - felt real good - but i just didnt like the frets on it...kinda big for me/hard to press, idunno.

-Point is, is that everyones different and likes/plays better with a different set up, im curious to see as what logitech can come up with that will find a balance between all these qualities . (idunno, something like their pro mouses that have addable/removable weights for pc gaming - implemented into guitar hero guitars?)

Given logitech's reputation, and with a little help from Activision, i think they can put together a descent set of equipment for us to jam on.
Ghplayer3mth  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as they come out with something better than this piece of crap LP and Kramer, then I'm happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: