ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Season 3 Info Here - and expert song poll
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Season 3 week 1 - Expert players Poll song choice
Mother
8%
 8%  [ 15 ]
You Really Got Me
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Who Was In My Room Last Night
22%
 22%  [ 39 ]
Bad Reputation
8%
 8%  [ 15 ]
Stop
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Laid To Rest
22%
 22%  [ 39 ]
Free Bird
7%
 7%  [ 14 ]
Less Talk More Rokk
12%
 12%  [ 22 ]
FTK
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
Tattooed Love Boys
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 177

rabies  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Season 3 Info Here - and expert song poll Reply with quote

Poll closed - WWIMRLN Wins

Many of you are probably wondering when season 3 will start.
After getting together, we have decided to delay from the original idea of starting this weekend, to starting next weekend. Look for an annoucement/thread to open next weekend to kick-off season 3 of the leagues.

Why not this weekend? Two reasons.
1. AA league will not finish until this Tuesday.
2. We have not finished ranking everybody.

Reminder: There is a thread for signups in place. We took the liberty of automatically signing up folks who submitted scores in week 4. If you do not want to participate next season, please post that in the sign-up thread.

For week 1, all expert players will be playing the same 4 songs to kick off the season. Once week one is complete, we will assign leagues and divisions based on both your week 1 performance AND our power rankings based on previous league performance and overall scorehero scores. Armed with all 3 factors, we are hoping to really get competition as close as possible. If the numbers support it, we will have two divisions for each of the three expert leagues.

Looking forward to seeing you there. If you are planning to participate in expert in season 3, please submit your choice for the poll song. If you are participating in hard or medium, watch for a post from elx.

Finally, due to his crazy busy life, javman158 will be stepping down next season from the day to day activities of running a individual league, to focus on the overall league in general. In his place, please welcome swat.funk, who will be taking over the PM/results duties for one of the leagues.

Thanks

--javman158, Barfo, elx, rabies and now swat.funk

Questions? Post em here and we'll answer.

Last edited by rabies on Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:27 am; edited 4 times in total
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that I'm REALLY splitting hairs, but it should be spelled "Less Talk More Rokk" in the poll.

Can't wait for the next season! (As long as I don't get Misirlou in the playoffs again... )

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
I know that I'm REALLY splitting hairs, but it should be spelled "Less Talk More Rokk" in the poll.

Can't wait for the next season! (As long as I don't get Misirlou in the playoffs again... )

You are correct. My bad. This is fixed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very helpful to me, and i might step up to Hard if i can improve, i cant get past Stop..... lol
Ashes2Ashes  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting next weekend will also help to create less overlap for those participating in both leagues, without too much down time for those only in GHII leagues.

Just a thought
backinblack167  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, season 3!

Withholding my vote for the time being.
freakinsweet85  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so we PM our song results to swat.funk in the season?
rabies  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakinsweet85 wrote:
so we PM our song results to swat.funk in the season?

That will depend on what league you are in. Expect more details on who to PM once we start the season and week 1 scores are posted. Stay tuned!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should there be a tenth choice in the poll? There's no third-tier representative song from what I can tell.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're missing a song from Tier 3.
NIUDrew  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone's going to have a lot of PM's to process during week 1.

I'm sure you commish's have a plan, certainly you've been doing great work so far. A suggestion in case it hasn't come up: How about moving up the start of Season 3 one day - so week 1 is from Saturday to Friday, and later weeks go Sunday to Saturday. This gives the commish's time to sort out all the results and put everyone in leagues without wasting a precious weekend day that people can't play because they don't know what league they'll be in.

Of course, the problem would be it'd throw people off - but all the better to think of it ahead of time so people can see it when they're looking for when League 3 starts anyways.

Also, a question: What kind of proof might be necessary - I don't own a digital camera or a cell phone that can take pictures, so if it becomes necessary can I take a screenshot of my song list (which as of today has cool yellow stars on it ) using my roommate's cell phone. Sorry if this was already answered elsewhere.

Edit: Ooh, and what cool songs for the week 1 poll! Although I don't relish the idea of playing Freebird 10 or more times to go for a high score.

Last edited by NIUDrew on Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
rabies  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emptyeye wrote:
Should there be a tenth choice in the poll? There's no third-tier representative song from what I can tell.

Yea..not sure how that happened...sorry for those who already voted...3rd tier now represented...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIUDrew wrote:
Someone's going to have a lot of PM's to process during week 1.

I'm sure you commish's have a plan, certainly you've been doing great work so far. A suggestion in case it hasn't come up: How about moving up the start of Season 3 one day - so week 1 is from Saturday to Friday, and later weeks go Sunday to Saturday. This gives the commish's time to sort out all the results and put everyone in leagues without wasting a precious weekend day that people can't play because they don't know what league they'll be in.

Of course, the problem would be it'd throw people off - but all the better to think of it ahead of time so people can see it when they're looking for when League 3 starts anyways.

Also, a question: What kind of proof might be necessary - I don't own a digital camera or a cell phone that can take pictures, so if it becomes necessary can I take a screenshot of my song list (which as of today has cool yellow stars on it ) using my roommate's cell phone. Sorry if this was already answered elsewhere.

Edit: Ooh, and what cool songs for the week 1 poll! Although I don't relish the idea of playing Freebird 10 or more times to go for a high score.

1. A reasonable suggestion on the due date. I'll run it by the others and see how they feel. We've got a bit of time yet to finalize.
2. As always, no proof necessary. If you heinously cheat, we'll catch you. If you don't cheat, no need to worry. If you do find yourself in a position where you are always coming in first place on every song every week for your division, we reserve the right to ask for proof. With our ranking system in place, no one individual should be able to sweep their division every week. Be warned.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EVERYTHING but Laid to Rest
freakinsweet85  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFFFF wrote:
EVERYTHING but Laid to Rest

YES! right there with you... im hoping for less talk more rokk
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: