Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GUIDE: Creating a GH or RB Chart Using FeedBack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snoopy22  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for this guide, Ive been spending countless hours just fooling around with it. Quick question though, How do you do solo's? I read the guide over numerous maybe Im just missing it...but how do you place notes that dont require you to strum in-game. Thanks!
inimitable  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snoopy22 wrote:
Thank you so much for this guide, Ive been spending countless hours just fooling around with it. Quick question though, How do you do solo's? I read the guide over numerous maybe Im just missing it...but how do you place notes that dont require you to strum in-game. Thanks!

I'm assuming you're talking about solo sections in Rock Band, in which case FeedBack isn't designed specifically for RB events like that. From what I understand there's some connection between GH star power and how RB interprets them, but to be honest I don't know enough to give you an answer.

If someone else can clarify this, that'd be great. Otherwise, I'll take a look around the software section of the RB side of the forums and try to get back to you in a few days if I find a useful answer.

EDIT: TSorbera's post below states GH star power sections will translate as RB solo sections. If you want to place Overdrive sections in RB, you'll have to use a midi editor until dB is updated to support it.

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)

Last edited by inimitable on Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
TSorbera  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inimitable wrote:
Snoopy22 wrote:

I'm assuming you're talking about solo sections in Rock Band, in which case FeedBack isn't designed specifically for RB events like that. From what I understand there's some connection between GH star power and how RB interprets them, but to be honest I don't know enough to give you an answer.

If someone else can clarify this, that'd be great. Otherwise, I'll take a look around the software section of the RB side of the forums and try to get back to you in a few days if I find a useful answer.
IIRC,
GH SP = RB Solo
So place SP sections where you want the Solo to be. I don't think you can place OD phrases, but you'd have to ask in the RB ScoreHero Software forum to be sure (link in the upper right corner on any GH ScoreHero page)
GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) - for all your GH3 PC needs*
*not quite all needs, but for custom songs, custom game images, black background speed boost, and more
Hazeyville  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Awesome Reply with quote

I just like to say thanks because when I first found out about all this I was very excited, yet it turn into frustration because everyone has made charts hard and up. My gf isn't to that level yet and I wanted to make her a medium level GH and I couldn't find any so knowing how to make it using your guide is going to help me a lot. Thanks for taking the time.
Hazeyville  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Awesome Reply with quote

I just like to say thanks because when I first found out about all this I was very excited, yet it turn into frustration because everyone has made charts hard and up. My gf isn't to that level yet and I wanted to make her a medium level GH and I couldn't find any so knowing how to make it using your guide is going to help me a lot. Thanks for taking the time.
eraserhead  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what an incredibly well made guide, inimitable. much respect for your work.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, awesome work on this guide! (especially explaining the anchors. That concept took a while to grasp). This should seriously be stickied, as I found it more helpful than Nickb's guide. Thanks again!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean2490 wrote:
Wow, awesome work on this guide! (especially explaining the anchors. That concept took a while to grasp). This should seriously be stickied, as I found it more helpful than Nickb's guide. Thanks again!

Well actually, it was originally written for nick's guide when he announced he wanted to do a massive overhaul.

FearOfTheDark78  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off this guide is awesome... I cranked out my first song in just under 5 hours due to the easy reading this guide provided.

One thing I was unsure of was the placements of events. When you place an event is it supposed to appear on the right side of the track, much like the section tags or anchors?

I placed them via selection in the "E" and "W" menus but nothing appeared. But when I type them, viola, there they were.

Thanks again!
inimitable  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FearOfTheDark78 wrote:
One thing I was unsure of was the placements of events. When you place an event is it supposed to appear on the right side of the track, much like the section tags or anchors?

I placed them via selection in the "E" and "W" menus but nothing appeared. But when I type them, viola, there they were.

I'm not sure I understand... When you hit the E or W keys, a small window should pop up, and you can type the event in there. When you hit enter, the event should be displayed to the left of the fretboard.

FearOfTheDark78  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inimitable wrote:
FearOfTheDark78 wrote:

I'm not sure I understand... When you hit the E or W keys, a small window should pop up, and you can type the event in there. When you hit enter, the event should be displayed to the left of the fretboard.

Ok, so you do need to type the command out. What I did was I just scrolled down through the list and hit enter when I got to the desired event.

Excuse me. I need to go make some changes
inimitable  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FearOfTheDark78 wrote:
inimitable wrote:
FearOfTheDark78 wrote:

Ok, so you do need to type the command out. What I did was I just scrolled down through the list and hit enter when I got to the desired event.

That feature is a sort of "auto-complete" built in. You can just scroll through if you like, but make sure you hit Tab when you've selected the event you want. It'll show up in the text box, and when you hit Enter it should show up to the left of the fretboard.

FearOfTheDark78  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inimitable wrote:
FearOfTheDark78 wrote:
inimitable wrote:
FearOfTheDark78 wrote:

That feature is a sort of "auto-complete" built in. You can just scroll through if you like, but make sure you hit Tab when you've selected the event you want. It'll show up in the text box, and when you hit Enter it should show up to the left of the fretboard.

Ok. Good to know. Thanks again.
sethsyd  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Can't open OGG Reply with quote

I can't open .ogg files in dB, the prog. just crashes. I can open an .mp3 however. Anyone else have this issue? I am using Vista 64.

EDIT: I figured it out (I think). It wont load .ogg files that have been exported with more than 2 channels. So I guess you have to re export the .ogg with the 4-6 channels AFTER you have created the chart. Sound about right?
TSorbera  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Can't open OGG Reply with quote

sethsyd wrote:
EDIT: I figured it out (I think). It wont load .ogg files that have been exported with more than 2 channels. So I guess you have to re export the .ogg with the 4-6 channels AFTER you have created the chart. Sound about right?
Yep, sounds about right.
GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) - for all your GH3 PC needs*
*not quite all needs, but for custom songs, custom game images, black background speed boost, and more
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: