ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The greatest song you've ever heard.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Subrick  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: The greatest song you've ever heard. Reply with quote

Post what and why.

One by Metallica

To me, this is Metallica's signature song. It's so beautiful and brutal at the same time. The bridge is one of the most known bits in all popular music.

Proud Atheist - If you are an Atheist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Atheists are on ScoreHero!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Subrick
http://subrick.blip.tv
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Subrick/107321395984265?ref=ts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: None yet PSN Name: None yet
mskrib02  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two of them:

Fade to Black - Metallica - made me think of my close friend who committed suicide.

Earth Heals Herself - Buckethead - Simply one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard, it came really close to making me cry the first time I listened to it without distractions in a quiet environment.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two songs that I consider to encapsulate everything I love about music.

The first is this...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AH3CRVVBL9o

...which has far more soul and passion than anything else I could care to imagine, yet does so without being whiny or boring. On top of that, it manages to be simple but quite busy at the same time, with bow-saws, drums and Christ knows what else played over a simple four-chord acoustic strum.

The second is this...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1bt8vvjwgh4

...if you need me to explain why, please seek medical attention immediately. It's just perfect. See what they're doing? The dancing and the skipping? That's what my brain is doing every time I hear it, and any song which has that effect on such a bitter and twisted old cynic as myself is absolutely beyond criticism. The drumming is sublime, the guitar is catchy, the bass is great and the singing... oh God, the singing. If there was ever a voice that could drag me out of a coma, it'd be her. Everything about this song makes me want to explode with joy.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?

Last edited by thecaptainof on Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
sknysklz  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine is a classical piece jupiter from the planets by gustav holst cant explain why but it just makes me feel good i cant really describe it better than that

also fix you by coldplay just a great song and i can just get completely into it at the end when the guitar part is going and the drums finally come in especially after i saw this in concert
JediHero92  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine would probably be Everlong by the Foo Fighters, or Smokin' by Boston

EDIT: Forgot the why part :p

Really, Everlong just like, grooves. The guitar and the drums just go together SOOOO perfectly during the verses, and at the choruses Dave Grohl just roars his delicious voice and I cream.

And yeah for Smokin', the organ is so hypnotic, and the guitar is sick in it too.

I would I also say one of my favorite songs would be Foreplay. It's just fuckin epic to see live.

Last edited by JediHero92 on Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kebab  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soothsayer by Buckethead I love that song
MisterMcLov1n  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let There Be Rock by AC/DC. I never get tired of it. It's amazing and AC/DC's best.
BenniWells  

Location: Lincoln, UK ~ Where farming epidemics always hit the front page

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to have to say Freebird, although it doesn't top my list of favourite songs, I just believe that it's the greatest song ever constructed, the anthem that is the intro followed by the build-up towards the greatest piece of music ever that is the incredible solo, it's just fantastically put together, I love it.

My Wiki: Open for anybody to edit, go ahead and write anything!
......................\/
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 150443735976
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=6onWCwyAxkI

Seriously, everything about this song is breathtaking. EVERYTHING. I get shivers every time I listen to this song.
Thurman91  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opeth - Serenity Painted Death

i am absolutely in love with Opeth and this is my favourite song by them (Hessian Peel comes in a close second). The intro is loud and awesome and then quiets down only to reveal a really awesome riff that gets me head and my heart banging every time. Opeth has some really beautifully written songs as well so any song by them is the greatest song I've ever heard.
Eastwinn  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that first song of yours, thecaptianof. My sister likes Neutral Milk Hotel but I'd never bothered to listen to them. I'll be getting into them for sure. Yet to listen to the second. EDIT: The secnod is great too. I've heard the song before.

Anyway, here is the greatest song ever. I could list so many reason why this song is so great but I shorten it up. The intro, the outro, and the solo are masterpieces. No one actually knows the real lyrics.

Also, there are three amazing Bush songs that I'd like to mention. Bush has amazing song writing skills, no doubt. In order of greatnest (and backwards of fame): Letting The Cables Sleep, Swallowed and Glycerine. Bush was never good at videos.

Last edited by Eastwinn on Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Deak2112  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a couple:

Humans Being- Van Halen: the singing takes some getting used to but it works with the song. I like it so much because it has 3 solos. The second one, Eddie makes a sound with his guitar that is absolutely encapsulating. Dont go to youtube for this. they cut it down.
Foreplay/More than a Feeling/Rock and roll band/Peace of Mind, Boston is probably the most beautiful music you will ever find in the classic rock genre. I couldnt decide between these songs cuz they are all epic.
Clocks-Coldplay, Im not a fan of them but i dont dislike them either. the piano in this song is absolutely incredible. It gives me chills everytime.
Finally, Come Sail Away-styx, my favorite song of all time. It speaks for its self. If you watch this on youtube your gonna miss the incredible keyboard solo so i dont recommend it. Best song of the 70's IMO

For lulz my Wiki and for My Youtube Channel

Free Bird since 11/9/2009
My only regret is that I only have one life to give for my Lord
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Deak2112
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lot of songs that I really love but I will definitely say that my favorite song ever is Fool in the Rain by Led Zeppelin.

It's a really amazing song on every instrument, and they all work so well together. The drums, while not Bonham's craziest stuff, are very tricky and the beat he does throughout the song is pretty complex. The breakdown on drums is pretty amazing too. On guitar the song is generally pretty simple (although it sounds great) for the majority of the song but the solo is incredible. The bassline is some of John Paul Jones's best work imo and it helps the song a lot. And this is in my opinion Robert Plant's best vocal ever.
There are a bunch of songs where I love one or two sections, but Fool in the Rain is a song where I can definitely say I like every single second of it.
iSlak  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenniWells wrote:
I'm going to have to say Freebird, although it doesn't top my list of favourite songs, I just believe that it's the greatest song ever constructed, the anthem that is the intro followed by the build-up towards the greatest piece of music ever that is the incredible solo, it's just fantastically put together, I love it.

Same here. I don't think any song could EVER top this.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has to be November Rain by Guns N' Roses. I love how the beautiful first half builds up to an extremely emotional solo by Slash, and then everything is unleashed during another extremely emotional solo by Slash. It really shows how quickly the sound of a song can change

EDIT: footballtom, that is one amazing song! I can definitely see how it's your favorite.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: