ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Songs crashing in face/off and pro face/off

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DOOManiac  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Songs crashing in face/off and pro face/off Reply with quote

I'm working on my own custom song, which is just about ready for release, and I decided it'd be a good idea to test it in multiplayer first. It works perfectly in Quick Play, but when trying either Face/off or Pro Face/off mode the game gets stuck at the loading screen. But it isn't like other songs where if the skill isn't there it crashes outright, instead it just sits at the loading screen and the wing flapping animation continues indefinately. I've tried re-importing the MIDI and MP3 into GHex and reburning, but that didn't help.

The song has all 4 difficulty levels, and I've verified that all four work in sp just fine. Also I have defined Player 1/Player 2 sections for all skill levels, but I was under the impression those weren't used for Pro Face/Off anyway.

I tried another song that isn't mine (JRock's version of No Doubt's "I'm just a Girl") and it crashed outright. Other songs I have work just fine.

Again, both songs work perfectly in Quick Play.

I've read a lot of the guides and FAQs, and tried searching the forums for others w/ the same problem, but I've come up empty handed. It's certainly possible I just missed something. If so please let me know.

If anybody knows anything about this and can help, it will be greatly appreciated. I'd very much like for my first song release to go smoothly and not have any problems associated with it because I've spent a lot of time on it (and I'd like to make a good first impression).

Thanks guys. :D
DOOManiac  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some investigation, it seems it has to do with what song you replace it with. Last Child no worky, but using the exact same MIDI on Shout At The Devil works just fine.

Aaaaand here's the part where I notice there's a _coop VGS for Last Child. I guess I need to replace that one too huh?

/me grumbles about his own stupid self
ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that probably had something to do with it hanging like that. Though I forgot to replace the coop.vgs for my Iron Maiden chart and it still played in coop, just with the song that I replaced playing instead of Hallowed.

Not sure why it would crash when trying pro face-off, it might have just been the burn and the disc quality. Same could go for face-off crashing as well, but that one might crash if you don't designate any notes for the players to play in the midi.
DOOManiac  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I wasn't even trying coop either time as I don't have notes for those parts. But the _coop VGS is the only thing it could possibly be because it was the exact same MIDI file in two different places; one works, one doesn't.

I tried replacing the _coop so the next version I do I'll know for sure if it is indeed the _coop track throwing it off even though there's no coop action going on.
herniated-discs  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add my 2 cents, but do you think that your problem could be the coop instrument? If the coop part of your midi is for the rythym guitar, it will lock up if replacing a song that has bass for it's coop, or vice versa, if that makes any since. (The coop vgs has only to do with the soundtrack). Hope this helps, J
AlCapwned  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other insight into this? I have 3 songs that crash in pro-faceoff. The Trooper and Trollhammaren are both songs I have downloaded that crash in pro-faceoff. I tried other spots, but they still don't work. Another song I have is (My brother's, bleh) Boulevard of Broken Dreams crashes in pro-faceoff whereas other songs he and I have made work fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: