ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Pokemon Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 52, 53, 54  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unimportant196  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thegibbonator wrote:
Are there any (decent) Pokemon that can learn Mean Look (or a similar trapping move), Leech Seed AND Substitute? I'd rather use the Leech Seed to remove the Blissey outright, to be honest. I think Ariados would probably learn Leech Seed along with Spider Web, but it's not particularly strong and has too many weaknesses.

Sorry, the only pokemon that can learns those moves is Smeargle, and they suck. or you can just use an action replay.

EDIT: LCBetz got ninja'd!

Last edited by Unimportant196 on Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: unimportant196
LCBetz  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only Pokemon I could find that learns all three of those moves is Smeargle, so it looks like your out of luck there. You could try a Mean Look/Perish Song combo though. Just switch out when the Perish Song count reaches one. The Blissey will have to stay in the turn you switch out, and will faint immediately after its move. If you want to stick with the Leech Seed/Substitute combo, you could give this a try:

Breloom w/ Leftovers
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Spore

Focus Punch will take out Blissey in one shot, but you can't prevent switches. However, a switch into a focus punch can deal some damage out of a base attack stat of 130. If you can anticipate a switch to a ghost or psychic type, use Spore instead (what's not to love with 100% accuracy sleep?). Once put to sleep, another switch is likely, so use focus punch when they switch. Also worth noting: if you have a substitute up, a focus punch is guaranteed to hit because the opponents attack will hit the substitute instead.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, would anybody be willing to trad me 3 different types of Burmy over Wifi? I cannot catch them for the life of me, and now that I am EV training, It would really help to cut down the fights.

Advice on how to catch Burmy would be accepted as well.
Play More GH: A ( )
GT: DwarfishMuggle
Feel free to add me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: DwarfishMuggle PSN Name: DwarfishMuggle
Unimportant196  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carbonatedasian wrote:
Hey, would anybody be willing to trad me 3 different types of Burmy over Wifi? I cannot catch them for the life of me, and now that I am EV training, It would really help to cut down the fights.

Catch a Mothim and breed it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unimportant196 wrote:
Carbonatedasian wrote:

Where does I catch Mothim?
Feel free to add me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: DwarfishMuggle PSN Name: DwarfishMuggle
Unimportant196  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carbonatedasian wrote:
Unimportant196 wrote:
Carbonatedasian wrote:

...By catching a burmy...

What I did was lay Honey on every tree I saw and mark that location on my map and then came back to it half a day later and caught 4 of them. so, don't give up hope!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carbonatedasian wrote:
Unimportant196 wrote:
Carbonatedasian wrote:

I don't think you can catch them only evolve them from burmy
Carbonatedasian  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unimportant196 wrote:
Carbonatedasian wrote:
Unimportant196 wrote:
Carbonatedasian wrote:

What I did was lay Honey on every tree I saw and mark that location on my map and then came back to it half a day later and caught 4 of them. so, don't give up hope!

I DID NOT EVEN THINK OF THE MAP APPLICATION!

Thank you so much, now I need to find a thing online with all of the honey tree's marked.
Feel free to add me.
Unimportant196  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carbonatedasian wrote:
Unimportant196 wrote:
Carbonatedasian wrote:
Unimportant196 wrote:
Carbonatedasian wrote:

I DID NOT EVEN THINK OF THE MAP APPLICATION!

Thank you so much, now I need to find a thing online with all of the honey tree's marked.

You are very welcome.here's some advice for getting female Combees. Do the same thing for catching Burmys

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I could afford to lose Substitute, so I'll take a look for Pokemon with both a trapping move and Leech Seed. Either that or I could use this excellent looking moveset:

LCBetz wrote:
Breloom w/ Leftovers
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Spore

Focus Punch will take out Blissey in one shot, but you can't prevent switches. However, a switch into a focus punch can deal some damage out of a base attack stat of 130. If you can anticipate a switch to a ghost or psychic type, use Spore instead (what's not to love with 100% accuracy sleep?). Once put to sleep, another switch is likely, so use focus punch when they switch. Also worth noting: if you have a substitute up, a focus punch is guaranteed to hit because the opponents attack will hit the substitute instead. (quote made small to save space)

Looks pretty good to me, I'll take a look at fitting it into my team.

Getting a female Combee took me forever, I had to try eleven times before I found one, and then I accidentally fainted it!

My last.fm profile. My musical taste is obviously superior to everybody else's. Even if it does include black metal, classical and synthpop.

Last edited by thegibbonator on Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Tetrinity
Unimportant196  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thegibbonator wrote:
I suppose I could afford to lose Substitute, so I'll take a look for Pokemon with both a trapping move and Leech Seed. Either that or I could use this excellent looking moveset:

LCBetz wrote:
Breloom w/ Leftovers
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Spore

Focus Punch will take out Blissey in one shot, but you can't prevent switches. However, a switch into a focus punch can deal some damage out of a base attack stat of 130. If you can anticipate a switch to a ghost or psychic type, use Spore instead (what's not to love with 100% accuracy sleep?). Once put to sleep, another switch is likely, so use focus punch when they switch. Also worth noting: if you have a substitute up, a focus punch is guaranteed to hit because the opponents attack will hit the substitute instead. (quote made small to save space)

Looks pretty good to me, I'll take a look at fitting it into my team.

i forgot to say this, but that exact same Breloom on my team. It owns pretty much everything it sees. So, USE THIS BRELOOM!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, reading through the last few pages of this thread, I have absolutely no idea what anyone is talking about. What game are we referring to anyway?

I think I'm just a bit old-fashioned when it comes to Pokemon. I still love my red version, and, to be honest, lost interest after the slew of new Pokemon succeeded the original 151.

Currently playing: Gears, Batman
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: PistonHonda22 PSN Name: SodaPopinskii
TopGearFTW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what all this technical talk is about...

I only have Ruby and Fire Red, and all I do on Ruby (the one I play most) is charge around with my level 70-something Swampert killing everything... I beat the elite four using just that and a few low level pokemon I happened to have in my group so I could revive Swampert if needed.

It worked surprisingly well. I don't bother with move set planning or whatever, if I am trying to learn a move that is basically an upgraded version of one I know, I'll replace it. E.g Mud Slap eventually becoming Muddy Water (well that's what I did anyway :P)

First recorded GS of Black Magic on PS3! I almost feel proud. >__>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TopGearFTW
thegibbonator  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pokemon is great. You've got plenty of logic involved with the movesets and team building, enough mathematical equations to keep even the biggest maths nerd (read: me >_>) happy, and best of all, has more than enough bright colours and sparkly effects to keep the childish side of me entertained!

I got hold of a Breloom with some decent IVs, by the way. Of course, now I'm going to find out I needed to breed one of the moves or something. >_>

The Elite Four in all of the games is pretty easy once your Pokemon are reaching level 60, maybe level 65. The second generation of games (Silver/Gold/Crystal for those who don't know) did at least add a few extra challenges in the form of Red at the top of Mt. Silver (level 80-something Pikachu FTW ), but the other generations had nothing. The addition of Wi-Fi battling opens up the game so much more, you have to actually plan everything out to win. No longer can you take six level 100 Dragonites into a battle and expect to win no matter what you do. No longer can you expect to get by with movesets consisting of four attacking moves (usually Hyper Beam, which is a terrible move if you think about it). You have to actually know what you're doing to be able to win. Whoever decided to add in Wi-Fi battles is a genius.

My last.fm profile. My musical taste is obviously superior to everybody else's. Even if it does include black metal, classical and synthpop.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Tetrinity
Kerrang  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thegibbonator wrote:
The second generation of games (Silver/Gold/Crystal for those who don't know) did at least add a few extra challenges in the form of Red at the top of Mt. Silver

True. Red took me ages to beat, but only because my Pokemon were crappy levels. I only beat him when my cousin lent me his level 90-ish ones
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 5 of 54

Jump to: