ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
"SUPER" Street Fighter 4 "Arcade Edition"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, seeing all those matches want me to try out all the characters on SSF4 and try to make that my main.

I really need to get back into this game... I miss how much fun it is.
Sottle  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C to C Done!

Highest win rate: Honda - 89% (2% higher than my Rufus win rate)
Lowest win rate: Seth/Juri - 39%

Starting PP - 3,500
Lowest PP - 1,400
Ending PP - 2,400

Most hate mail - Vega
Most compliments - Cody
Dullest characer - Deejay
Most fun (that i didn't play a bit already) - Fei Long, Ken.

Edit: Holy shit, that Hugo Parry, Ultra is pretty freaking godlike.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sottle wrote:
C to C Done!

Highest win rate: Honda - 89% (2% higher than my Rufus win rate)
Lowest win rate: Seth/Juri - 39%

Starting PP - 3,500
Lowest PP - 1,400
Ending PP - 2,400

Most hate mail - Vega
Most compliments - Cody
Dullest characer - Deejay
Most fun (that i didn't play a bit already) - Fei Long, Ken.

Edit: Holy shit, that Hugo Parry, Ultra is pretty freaking godlike.

As much as I hate to admit it, Ken is fun to use. Especially online, when people are suspecting a DP whore. When you hit them with his mix-ups they all lose their cool.
Sottle  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah same, plus on a very childish level, his shit just looks cool. :P

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually played some last night.

I decided to try winning with other characters just jumping into it and going without practice. I lost every match... so I went back to Honda. Its fun beating people with 5000-6000 BP with mine that has 1600.

I ended up getting over 2000 BP last night with Honda, after watching a lot of videos, my Honda is a lot better. I'm not blind jumping anymore, and I'm playing more of a poke game.

I definitely need to go through and do trials for everyone at least, so I can get a feel for all the characters, before I start trying to go for C and Shining C for the achievement.
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm slowly progressing now, I was able to win a few matches in a row last night against what appear to be half-decent players which I don't usually do haha. I'm also up to 2200 BP (though I can't seem to get anywhere close to 1000 PP >_>).

I think one problem I'm having though is I just can't play against turtle characters, mainly fucking Guile (and to a lesser extent Ken but I think that's just the way some people play him). So question, HOW THE FUCK DO YOU BEAT A GUILE THAT HOLDS BACK AND DOWN THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME AFOJEWJF;IOA;OEFJ...?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
Sottle  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walk forward and block/focus forward dash sonic booms. Don't jump. Bad Guiles wont be able to hold their ground to this tactic and will slowly lose ground until their cornered.

Once their cornered, just go nuts, they can't back away anymore. Try not to cross them up though, since that gives them the entire screen to back up into again if they escape your pressure.

Also, not a particular Down Back beating tactic, but a general scrubby Guile one. Bad Guiles, and even some pretty decent ones, press Crouching Roundhouse. If you block the first kick, 90% of the cast (including Cammy) can Ultra and punish the second one. If you don't have Ultra them jump and Cannon Strike down on the outstretched second kick, this will give you massive frame advantage and you should be able to link st. Fierce xx Drill for big damage.

(Also i just noticed in that post where i give you some Cammy tips before, i kept saying Cannon Spike, not Cannon Strike. What i was referring to the whole time was the Dive Kick, not the Uppercut, hope you figured that out, haha.)

cdylan13  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sottle wrote:
Walk forward and block/focus forward dash sonic booms. Don't jump. Bad Guiles wont be able to hold their ground to this tactic and will slowly lose ground until their cornered.

Once their cornered, just go nuts, they can't back away anymore. Try not to cross them up though, since that gives them the entire screen to back up into again if they escape your pressure.

Also, not a particular Down Back beating tactic, but a general scrubby Guile one. Bad Guiles, and even some pretty decent ones, press Crouching Roundhouse. If you block the first kick, 90% of the cast (including Cammy) can Ultra and punish the second one. If you don't have Ultra them jump and Cannon Strike down on the outstretched second kick, this will give you massive frame advantage and you should be able to link st. Fierce xx Drill for big damage.

(Also i just noticed in that post where i give you some Cammy tips before, i kept saying Cannon Spike, not Cannon Strike. What i was referring to the whole time was the Dive Kick, not the Uppercut, hope you figured that out, haha.)

I'll try that strategy the next time but I can't stand "the waiting game" aspect against certain characters, it's just really annoying to me ya know? However overall I am getting much more patient and blocks are coming much easier to me, and I'm getting A's and B's and defense for the first time haha.

By the way I haven't messed with too much of those combos you've told me (haven't had much time as of late) but the ones I did try I'm pretty sure I understood what you meant.

Also to try to end any trace of scrubdom, what's a consistent way to pull off the z-motion without a fight stick? I can't get it down and Cannon Spike is one of her best moves (not to mention a staple with many others).
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Sottle  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also use the SF4 shortcut, which is down forward, down forward. (Or down back, down back if it's a reverse Z motion like Fei's Dragon Kick)

cdylan13  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I'll try those thanks guys
LemonMeringue  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo sottle you use turbo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr7lNl9NKDc#t=3m31s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpQ9Rb1lh5A

nanos gigantium humeris insidentes
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lemeng Meringue
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh I need to do a lot of youtube watching. I lost any skill I had with E Honda, getting owned all the time now.

I need to learn his poke game.... and I was thinking about picking up Adon.
retop56  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LemonMeringue wrote:
Yo sottle you use turbo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr7lNl9NKDc#t=3m31s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpQ9Rb1lh5A

Wow. Really Sottle.....Really? Turbo? Haha this shit is too funny.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i put turbo on online every now and again when i'm tired of missing links from lag (don't forget that the replay channel shows every match as if it was a perfect connection, completely smoothing over lag spikes and slowdown), i put it in my profile so it's not like i'm hiding anything (i think i actually mentioned it in this topic somewhere). TE stick turbo is 30 inputs a second, which is at best 1 in 2 success rate for a one frame link.

Hit me up on XBL if you need me to "prove myself"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 50 of 53

Jump to: