ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Really Wacky Behavior

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkobra197  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Really Wacky Behavior Reply with quote

Ok, I followed the Idiot Proof guide to playing custom songs without running into any problems. I also burned the disc without any errors. It loaded with swapmagic fine and worked fine until 10 seconds into any song, where it will then freeze (but only momentarily). It will freeze on and off through the whole song like it has to stop and load. In practice mode, if the song has all the seperate parts compiled into it, it will run smoothly. If there are no seperate parts it will lock-up at the loading screen. I burned the game on a Fujifilm DVD +R at 2.3x without error. Does this just sound like it is not good enough media? Like it has to work too hard to load characters, animations, etc??? If anyone else has had this problem what have you changed or done differently to fix it? Oh btw, original unaltered songs act the same way. That is what confused me.

Last edited by rkobra197 on Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kariodude  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does that to me as well. I have tried TDK DVD+R and Memorex DVD-R, and I got the same result with both.

Although this post seems to contribute nothing, it does make the point that using TDK DVD+R and Memorex DVD-R does not help.
ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's just a burn quality issue, I happen to use Memorex +R's and they work great (1st class media), but I still will come across that hiccupping if I burn at anything higher than 2X (and sometimes at 2X). I always burn at 1X just to be safe.
Kariodude  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess some burners just don't allow less than 4x burn? 4x is as low as it lets me go.
Zean  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the discs rated for? I've only used higher speeds (6x-14x) and had no issues unless it was the song itself.
Try making a straight backup. And see if it still does it, you may have just had a file corruption somewhere.
Otherwise like they said, it's likely your media, or a restriction with your burner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: