ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Multiplayer scores incongruous?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaygazm  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Multiplayer scores incongruous? Reply with quote

I thought that multiplayer scores were incongruous and so wanted to test it. I had my friends play the beginning on Infected on multiplayer. Here are their scores after the first series of hard notes:

Player 1: 736

Player 2: 756

This keeps happening. Does the same thing happen for other people? Can we think of a reason?
AskewedOne  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed this, as well, while I'm playing the game with mandawench. The only explination I can think of off the top of my head is that one players' notes are weighted slightly more to try to make up for the notes not being distributed completely evenly for the songs. I don't know what, (if any) effect it has on full 100% runs, (without SP usage) though. Haven't been able to perform an experiment on it, yet.
TheShineNSB  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is why I never think of MP as being competitive.
eachann  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you should really wait until you can prove it on 100% of the song before coming to that conclusion that it's not competitive... guess it's hard though to get both players to have a 100% run at the same time.

The RO devs did say in a post I saw somewhere that they had gone to great lengths to make sure that the player 1 and player 2 parts were equal over the course of a song.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you guys hit all the notes except for sustains?

If they are truly fair, then the score should come out to be the exact same. (Just make sure you guys are able to break your multiplier before you get to 2x; otherwise, it's not really gonna help.)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:
Why don't you guys hit all the notes except for sustains?

If they are truly fair, then the score should come out to be the exact same. (Just make sure you guys are able to break your multiplier before you get to 2x; otherwise, it's not really gonna help.)

Well, I'm running into two problems, the main one actually having the time to play it with my wife. It's something we can only do on the weekends, due to our somewhat conflicting work schedules. The other actually being able to convince her that I'm trying to have her break combos for an actual experiment, and not just so I can beat her.
eachann  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you shouldn't have to break combos or skip sustains to prove it... because if both sides have the same number of notes but one has different sustains or oneside has different combo values possible then by default they are not fair. If both side do not use star power and both sides get 100% and don't let go of their sustains early, they should get identical scores in theory.... the only difference between the two sides if both get 100% should be their useage of star power.
Genga  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its long notes you may be slightly delayed in hitting the note?
ES942  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in each song, every note is weighted to even out the score on both sides if no star power is used and both players achieve 100%. i found this out on bark at the moon. when you are playing the first line, even with a 4x multiplier, your last digits are changing consantly in the score. so there isnt necessarily an even amount of notes on each side, but the scores will still be the same.
GibsonGuy100  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Unfair Splitting Reply with quote

Actually higher scores seem to be more unfair because the game can't split the notes equally and fairly.Hope this awnsers to question
UltraPants  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, no one is perfect, not even our role-modelesque developers of our beloved Guitar Hero; nor the writers of the songs. It's a nice place to start with though, so here's the first piece of evidence:

If the two players choose "I Love Rock & Roll" on Easy, and neither use SP but achieve 100% through a full combo, Player Two's side(163) simply has two less notes than Player One's(165). However, if Player One's side were to give up just one note to Player Two's, the base-scores would be perfectly even (I'm fairly sure).

Player One:
Points - 32,902
Notes - 165

Player Two:
Points - 32,863
Notes - 163

If the two players choose the same song but on Medium it flips.

Player One:
Points - 55,428
Notes - 187

Player Two:
Points - 55,488
Notes - 187

I'll post pics when I get everything off my camera, but it seems to me that they did their best to make the songs in multiplayer as even as possible, but, sometimes it just wasn't possible for whatever reason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: