ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How do I get the singer to sing in custom songs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thepoop555  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senthoney wrote:
Silly people! All you need is the game engine:
get it at
www.notgunnahappen.com/tonyhawkengine

Oh, haha, very funny. This is a legit question, and that shows that you are a very immature jackass. People are trying to help, and you aren't helping this situation at all... jerk.

Arandomguy1 on YouTube
TrevorTheGreat wrote:
Oh my god I've never seen a bunch of bitching children like this before.

OMG I got perma-rockered! /world

So fucking what. Play your plastic guitar and get over it.
Koppis  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you can do this with events?

nimbus541  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koppis wrote:

you can im pretty sure the answer to this question is get feedback and place events on the notes. theres a listing of events somewhere in these forums to help you out

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nimbus541 wrote:
Koppis wrote:

you can im pretty sure the answer to this question is get feedback and place events on the notes. theres a listing of events somewhere in these forums to help you out

I thought those events only worked on GH2...

GHWT FC: 3781 - 2907 - 9191
GH3 FC: 5112 - 3596 - 6384
Brawl FC: 4296 - 4610 - 8054
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 378129079191
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I belive that the songs.VOC file might be the file that will let us completely control the singers movements.

im actuslly looking into the.VOC at the moment.
darthslaw  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuardianDemon wrote:
I belive that the songs.VOC file might be the file that will let us completely control the singers movements.

im actuslly looking into the.VOC at the moment.

Oh wow, I forgot about that file. Best of luck in decrypting the format. I'll certainly put it to use when you get it figured out.
sonicandshadow97  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There IS a guide somewhere about what to do in an Mid file to make, say, the cymbal crash or the singers mouth move...But it might only work for GHII. I have thought about trying it but I dont have 100 bucks to shell out for Midi Maestro...

EDIT: I actually agree with the theory that it is in the .VOC file... 'Cause guitar hero 2 also has one. But it me be for something else unrelated that we dont care about...

EDIT 2:Fixed my typo on 'cause.(Spelled it 'Couse(?)GOD I am a freaking moron.)

My Accomplishments. Come here or he will find you.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger Wii Friend Code: 4584909948493616
Chil  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chil wrote:
There are three tracks named "BAND BASS" "BAND DRUMS" and "BAND SINGER" which control the characters you see on the stage during single player. In these tracks you can place a "play" event for them to start moving or "idle" to stop them. Other events can be used in those tracks to control the wall of amps behind the bassist, the bass drum, the cymbal, and the animations for the drummer.

Take a look at the event list for those tracks in an official GH2 midi file in a program like Sonar or Anvil Studio. That should help you figure out what event does what in the game. Of course, none of this editing can be done in Feedback. It all has to be done in a midi editor with a .mid file converted from a .chart.

This topic has some information you might find useful that relates to this. However, some of it is wrong and outdated, so check the info with the official midis to find out what you can and can't do.

EDIT: Some customs here use these tracks. For example, my old Holy Wars chart had the full band playing as well as acra's new Rust In Peace... Polaris.

From a post almost as old as this topic. The singer can go idle and play in the song midi, but I believe that his actual mouth movements are controlled in some other way, perhaps through the VOC file. The way acra and I implemented it is good enough in my opinion, since you never really get a close up of the singer all that often.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chil wrote:
Chil wrote:
There are three tracks named "BAND BASS" "BAND DRUMS" and "BAND SINGER" which control the characters you see on the stage during single player. In these tracks you can place a "play" event for them to start moving or "idle" to stop them. Other events can be used in those tracks to control the wall of amps behind the bassist, the bass drum, the cymbal, and the animations for the drummer.

Take a look at the event list for those tracks in an official GH2 midi file in a program like Sonar or Anvil Studio. That should help you figure out what event does what in the game. Of course, none of this editing can be done in Feedback. It all has to be done in a midi editor with a .mid file converted from a .chart.

This topic has some information you might find useful that relates to this. However, some of it is wrong and outdated, so check the info with the official midis to find out what you can and can't do.

EDIT: Some customs here use these tracks. For example, my old Holy Wars chart had the full band playing as well as acra's new Rust In Peace... Polaris.

From a post almost as old as this topic. The singer can go idle and play in the song midi, but I believe that his actual mouth movements are controlled in some other way, perhaps through the VOC file. The way acra and I implemented it is good enough in my opinion, since you never really get a close up of the singer all that often.

I like your video's and how the singer moves. But that's GH2 man, we're talking about the new and improved GH3 here.

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 378129079191
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok , after a REALLY REALLY LONG time of trying to open and decrypt a .voc (cant remember which song) i managed to get it to actually PLAY (YES PLAY!!!!) in a .VOC player.

It appears to be garbage data , but it aint !!! and because i managed to play it , im gonna keep trying to decrypt it . its not far , but its a start !!!!!
chris10  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good for you ill wish luck xd
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris10 wrote:
good for you ill wish luck xd

Thanks bro , im gonna need it !!!!

Update !!!!

Found some interesting stuff in the VOC file :

[list=]Harmonix 5 projects developed before 5/7/2007 possible file date ????

arterialblack Kinda obvious , this .VOC file is for arterialblack.

-----------------
Church ]
]
Eat ]
]
Bump ]
]
fave ]
]
Cage ]------------------Is it possible that these are verse headers or maybe lyrics ???
]
Told ]
]
Roar ]
]
Though ]
]
Earth ]
-----------------

------------------------]
Orientation Head Roll ]
]
Orientation Head Yaw ]
]
Gaze Eye Pitch ]
]
Eyebrow Raise ]-----------Is this an event header??? Head-Bang , and EyesBrows and stuff ???
]
Emphasis Head Pitch ]
]
Emphasis Head Roll ]
]
Orientation Head Pitch ]
]
Gaze Eye Yaw ]
------------------------][/list][/list][/list]
sonicandshadow97  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude! Amazing! Once you can find out how to edit these I would love to try it out!

My Accomplishments. Come here or he will find you.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger Wii Friend Code: 4584909948493616
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonicandshadow97 wrote:
Dude! Amazing! Once you can find out how to edit these I would love to try it out!

Lol , if i find away to edit these files , it could bring customs to a whole new level......
ragnorky  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn you guys are going great! but i have a theory. It might have already been tried and failed, but i haven't heard of it yet. make notes in feedback (making PART_VOCALS) and then open the .mid in midi maestro and changing the part name to BAND_VOCALS. anyone wanna try it? i gotta go to school. Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: